• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Schweinemann

• jad

• G-Man

• Kashtan

those are old videos from armbets.tv...

I was once a memeber, but i cant sign on anymore. Do you know how to sign back on? I would love to watch all those videos again. And do you have the rest of all those training videos?

Voevoda training for Cyplenkov and win easy him in sparring 12 aug. 2010 year. A week before that Voevoda is injured,

http://armpower.net/...ewsmore&id=1789

which prevented him from fighting on the hook with his right hand, but in any other appended Denis had no chance.

http://forum.steelfactor.ru/index.php?showtopic=13428&st=1280&p=1382185entry1382185

Edited by Kashtan

How much weight is that at the end of the Voevoda clip?

It's hard to tell because those are unusual-looking plates - short, but thick. At the most, it could be 10-pound bar (with collars) + (12 x 10-pound plates) + (2 x 25-pound plates).

These are pound estimates and most likely it is in kilos, so this is likely off.

So at the most, it appears 180. I would guess towards the high end since this is Voevoda and he needed a second hand to help with doing a table curl.

Edited by G-Man

It's hard to tell because those are unusual-looking plates - short, but thick. At the most, it could be 10-pound bar (with collars) + (12 x 10-pound plates) + (2 x 25-pound plates).

These are pound estimates and most likely it is in kilos, so this is likely off.

So at the most, it appears 180. I would guess towards the high end since this is Voevoda and he needed a second hand to help with doing a table curl.

i think its around 80 kilo or like you mentioned 180 pounds. Noone on this planet will curl 180 kilos like that, i simply dont buy it! I want to see this person! Devons 80 kilo hook curl is far more impressive to me than what voeveda is doing and Voevoda is not known for his off the charts inside strength. 2004 girdner hooked him deep inside and showed voevodas weak point - he was vulnerable and not that superior. Like Brzenk once mentioned "his strength seems to be in his hand and rotation" and not his hulk like hook power. Somehow there are always such intimitatioin videos showing up from russia. Whats next? Voevoda can fly or juggle with trucks? He is faster than Usain Bolt and runs inofficial world records? His sidepressure breaks ropes and pins 3 guys..Yeah yeah sure....

He is for sure a great incredible Athlete, but not superman.

Edited by Schweinemann

LOL, you're funny.

I will never be convinced about Voevoda being unbeatable. John had pulled the 95kg (209#) class so he wasn't even at his biggest weight vs. the 260# Voevoda. On top of that, although John never mentions this (which I really like about him!), people close to him have stated he was kindof injured that match. Supossedly from trying some stunt like a one arm pull-up or something he wasn't used to do. So a light, semi-injured Brzenk lost to Voevoda... ONCE. And that automatically makes him the strongest ever? Come on.

The guy is unreal, that's for sure. He manhandled Michael Todd in a very convincing way. I have no doubts he's one of the world's best if he's trained and healthy. But not superhuman. Breaking ropes and pinning 3 guys? LOL.

I do think he has some crazy sprinting speed, it's needed for Bobsled. He was also the heavies of ALL bobsled competitors at the last Winter Olympics. I've heard rumors of crazy standing broad jumps too but not with a precise number. I don't think he's faster than Bolt (come on!!!!) but the guy is a freak of nature for sure, a naturally gifted athlete. I'd still say a heavy-ish, healthy John beats him almost every time. But this last statement is just an opinion, so take it lightly. :cool

LOL, you're funny.

I will never be convinced about Voevoda being unbeatable. John had pulled the 95kg (209#) class so he wasn't even at his biggest weight vs. the 260# Voevoda. On top of that, although John never mentions this (which I really like about him!), people close to him have stated he was kindof injured that match. Supossedly from trying some stunt like a one arm pull-up or something he wasn't used to do. So a light, semi-injured Brzenk lost to Voevoda... ONCE. And that automatically makes him the strongest ever? Come on.

The guy is unreal, that's for sure. He manhandled Michael Todd in a very convincing way. I have no doubts he's one of the world's best if he's trained and healthy. But not superhuman. Breaking ropes and pinning 3 guys? LOL.

I do think he has some crazy sprinting speed, it's needed for Bobsled. He was also the heavies of ALL bobsled competitors at the last Winter Olympics. I've heard rumors of crazy standing broad jumps too but not with a precise number. I don't think he's faster than Bolt (come on!!!!) but the guy is a freak of nature for sure, a naturally gifted athlete. I'd still say a heavy-ish, healthy John beats him almost every time. But this last statement is just an opinion, so take it lightly. :cool

I agree with you 100%. I was just making over the top comments to confirm my point, that he is not curling 180 kilos. I know bobsledders can run crazy fast for their size and he is a freak of nature, but 180 kilos pff...Actually i was refering to that sprinting stuff, because i read it on another website how his trainer or someone "close" mentioned his almost olympic record like sprinting abillities. If that was the case he should just go for the summer olympics and make some millions cash.

I bet he could even run backwards - on his hands - starting 8 seconds late, armwrestling Brzenk on the way (beating him 12 times with his pinky only), injecting Cyplenkovs ass with a big testesteron shot while dancing with Justin Biber on the finish line and singing Boy Georges "Do you really want to hurt me". And he would still win the 100m, of course.

That just summarizes most of the youtube comments of voevoda nutswingers. Anyway i made my point. Amen :cool

Edited by Schweinemann

I also read about his sprint abilities, but if I remember correctly, it was about a 60m distance, which seems more realistic.

I also read about his sprint abilities, but if I remember correctly, it was about a 60m distance, which seems more realistic.

I know Florian, but its still hard to believe.

90 kg curling on video.

Record of Voevoda - 237 kg curling.

yes sure, actually i thought it was 237 thousand tons or are you refering to "minus" 237kg? That would be even more awesome, the first man on earth to curl a negative weight. Voevoda and Chuck Norris should gang up.

Voevoda at his best would be very closely matched with Dave Randall at his best.

The source of about 90% of nutswing you read is in 2004 when Voevoda won convincingly over Brzenk, Bagent, Girdner, Semerenko and Ivakin.

In his 2006 shape, John could have won that tournament and probably Dave Randall, if he did international competitions then.

The domination of Michael Todd would not make Voevoda "the best ever" either - John at his best, Dave at his best and I am sure Denis, Andre and Richard Lupkes could do the same thing right now.

Well, hopefully he will return to armwrestling soon... so we all fill get to know the truth of his Armwrestling ability... hehe

He's jung and after he's done with bobsleigh etc.. I'm sure he will come back into the sport and once is for sure.. he won't return out of shape...hehe

so let's hope his elbow heals quickly

every post on every board always has everyone defending there favorite armwrestler powerlifter or strongman because they always say best strongest biggest or fastest when all we have to do is add at this day in time week or second he is the best its like climbing a greasy mountain your never there long. with few expections .and yes for armwrestling brzenks one

If a person leaves a sport while he’s on top, it creates a lot of debate in subsequent years about whether he was the best ever. I think this is why many people feel Alexey was possibly the best ever. If he was to return to the sport and compete against the very best right now (Devon, Denis, Andriy) , it is unlikely that he would win right away, and it would diminish the claims of his supremacy. When Gary Goodridge retired from the sport in 1997, he was miles ahead of everyone, and many people felt he was perhaps the best ever. He competed once in 2002 and again last year – both times with little or no armwrestling training. He lost to competitors who were far from the level he was at in the mid-90s, and I think because of this he is not as often included in the discussions of the very best of all times.

If a person leaves a sport while he’s on top, it creates a lot of debate in subsequent years about whether he was the best ever. I think this is why many people feel Alexey was possibly the best ever. If he was to return to the sport and compete against the very best right now (Devon, Denis, Andriy) , it is unlikely that he would win right away, and it would diminish the claims of his supremacy. When Gary Goodridge retired from the sport in 1997, he was miles ahead of everyone, and many people felt he was perhaps the best ever. He competed once in 2002 and again last year – both times with little or no armwrestling training. He lost to competitors who were far from the level he was at in the mid-90s, and I think because of this he is not as often included in the discussions of the very best of all times.

With all due respect to Gary, how was he "miles ahead of everyone" in 1997? John Brzenk said that although he doesn't keep score, he thinks he beat Gary at least 3X the ammount of times Gary beat him. Of course, maybe all of Gary's wins came in his last year(s) as he got betterand that's why you say he was miles ahead. But was he really ahead of John? Was John pulling 6 classes all the time including the 198# back then in those years? Because that could explain some of the losses (as Gary was a huge man), but I have a hard time believing anyone was "miles" ahead of John.

John has stated that Gary was a monster, but he was vulnerable because of a small hand.

"Miles ahead" may be a bit much. John was staying around 200 lbs in the mid-90s. Between 1995 and 1997 when Gary was around 260, I don't think he broke a sweat in any of his matches. John did win the majority of his matches with Gary between 1986 and 1993, but Gary won the last few encounters. It may have seemed that he was far ahead of everyone because in those years there were fewer monster heavyweights than there are now.

about 95 kg

Somehow there are always such intimitatioin videos showing up from russia. Whats next? Voevoda can fly or juggle with trucks? He is faster than Usain Bolt and runs inofficial world records? His sidepressure breaks ropes and pins 3 guys..Yeah yeah sure....

One of my friends speaks Russian and he heard online somewhere (I believe in one of the Voevoda training clips on youtube where they are talking in Russian) that Voevoda can run 100 meters in like 10 seconds or something like that. I remember he told me and I didn't believe it for a second. Bob sledders are quick but not 10 second 100 meter quick! And supposedly he didn't make the Russian bob sled team when he first tried out but he trained a couple month and got so much quicker that he made it... I don't buy it of course but yeah the "faster than Usain Bolt" rumors aren't far off...

Goodridge is definitely one of the greatest of all time, and the only man besides Brzenk to have beaten Richard Lupkes when Richard was at his best. He beat Rihard more than once, but I'm not sure what the record was between them. Richard is, of course, extremely humble, but he said about Gary "He has a hook like a freight train, and you had to be on your best day to beat him." I would LOVE to see 2004 Voevoda vs. 1996 Goodridge!!!

About Voevoda, in 2004 he beat Taras easily (so did Brzenk in 2009), beat Semerenko (95kg Brzenk flashed Semerenko in 2009), beat Travis (umm didn't Travis just get handled by Georgi and Sylvain Perron, and they are strong but greatest of all time)? Not only was John not at his best, and light when Voevoda beat him, he had his famous match with Taras before pulling Voevoda and said he hurt something in his arm.

As far as Voevoda's easy win on Bagent right handed, look how easily John beat him here at 2:43

and I'm sure John was even stronger in 2006.

And maybe it's only me, but it looked to me like Michael Todd was close to stopping Voevoda in the hook in some of the later rounds of their supermatch...

2003 Voevoda was probably not as strong as 2004 Voevoda, but he lost to Bagent and Erekle Gurchiani (although there was an elbow foul and he beat Erekle in semi-final). Also at Europeans, although it might have been a break-arm position, Pushkar did hold Voevoda, and Pushkar was only 17 or 18 years old there, a bigger and presumably stronger Pushkar lost to Travis in 05 and again in 06... Pushkar actually LOST to Taras 2-1 1 year after he held Voevoda! And Taras is very good but IMO he can't be compared to the greatest heavy weight of all time - 2006 Brzenk, and Denis, Voevoda, and Larratt in their current forms, would dominate him I think.

My thoughts on Voeovda

Somehow there are always such intimitatioin videos showing up from russia. Whats next? Voevoda can fly or juggle with trucks? He is faster than Usain Bolt and runs inofficial world records? His sidepressure breaks ropes and pins 3 guys..Yeah yeah sure....

One of my friends speaks Russian and he heard online somewhere (I believe in one of the Voevoda training clips on youtube where they are talking in Russian) that Voevoda can run 100 meters in like 10 seconds or something like that. I remember he told me and I didn't believe it for a second. Bob sledders are quick but not 10 second 100 meter quick! And supposedly he didn't make the Russian bob sled team when he first tried out but he trained a couple month and got so much quicker that he made it... I don't buy it of course but yeah the "faster than Usain Bolt" rumors aren't far off...

you name it, thats the point. You know, i have been working out in a weightlifting club for many years and 20 min. from where i live is one of germanys biggest olypmic bases for winter sports. From any type of skieng to bobsledding and so on. Some years ago some of those coaches came to us to invite some weightlifters for a training session. They were looking for people who could push start a bobsled and some of my friends were doing really good for the first time they tried, because of their explosive weightlifting power. But i can assure you that none of them is even close to those claimed numbers. And how in the world can a 120 kilo monster run 100m in 10 seconds? Thats a joke. Usain Bolt is 1.95m and around 85kg bodyweight and he is not known for his fast starts, so how in the world can a 40 kilo heavier man run that fast?

And curling 237 kilos pff...he is harldy doing 90 kilos with the help of his second arm and suddenly he can curl more than 200. And those 90 kilos are not even close to a curl to me. wikipedia stats 237kg isometric hold and no curling and even that seems ridiculus to me. And even if he could hold 237 kg it all depends on the angle. at a 90 degree angle to the ground he would simply flip over. Those numbers are simply good for a legend in the making.

- 2006 Brzenk, and Denis, Voevoda, and Larratt in their current forms, would dominate him I think.

My thoughts on Voeovda

Voevoda would dominate himself? a little typo here ehh... ;)

"10 seconds or something like that" is FAR different than 10 flat. 10.8-10.9 100's usually won't even win you a HS state championship and might not even make top 3. Also how was it timed? Electronically vs. human? I flat out don't believe he runs a 10 flat but a hand timed 10.5-10.6 I could see.

Maybe Voevoda isn't strong in a hook to John but he sucked 270# Mike Todd into a hook and just let him hit so this idea that inside is his weakness seems pretty amusing to me.

"10 seconds or something like that" is FAR different than 10 flat. 10.8-10.9 100's usually won't even win you a HS state championship and might not even make top 3. Also how was it timed? Electronically vs. human? I flat out don't believe he runs a 10 flat but a hand timed 10.5-10.6 I could see.

Maybe Voevoda isn't strong in a hook to John but he sucked 270# Mike Todd into a hook and just let him hit so this idea that inside is his weakness seems pretty amusing to me.

We are talking about a "weakness" and noone said that he is weak in a hook. He will propably beat 95% of most armwrestlers inside, but the only times he had been stopped was in a hook, so if you can put him inside you might get a shot. 2003 against Erekle he lost in a hook and Girdner stopped him there as well in 2004. We were talking about elite Armwrestlers and how many people think that he is unbeatable and im pretty sure he is beatable by a number of people. Nooone can be perfect in all areas. The thread was about some of his claims that seem to be ridiculus, but then...everyone has its opinion. I just hope he comes back soon and proves me wrong! By the way, i like Michael Todd as an armwrestler, but i dont think he is elite