Wrist Plate Curls

Tom Black

Guest Mikael Siversson

It would however, be great to see you do these feats in competition as well Tommy. You seem to be world class in virtually everything grip related. If you ever plan on going to Australia, Nick and I could arrange a special grip competition for the three of us.

Perhaps the 45 reclines atop the forearm, with the

hand beneath, grabbing the far side? I can do it in

this manner! :D

Also, the term is properly: plate, wrist curl.

Not wrist plate curl. :blush

I think he means two handed.

I think you're right Mikael: he was talking to Jim, and after checking Jim's post, it is about TWO HANDED wrist curls...

Moreover I don't think that Tommy is stupid, and one would have to be F#### stupid to say that he can wrist curl a 45 for 10reps w/ one hand, isn't it ? And even more stupid to assert that he can do more reps with a higher weight :rolleyes

Nevermind :dry

If you are saying that I'm stupid for thinking that he meant WHAT HE TYPED, perhaps saying that he was meaning 2 handed would've been simpler.

Nevermind :dry

Certified Captain of Crush

Group: Membersk

Member No.: 365

Jim.

A 20kg plate with 2 hands is tough. Anybody tried that?

It was with two hands.I think someone needs to learn to read :yikes All of the post's

I was in the basement doing wrist curls with a 25# plate and then added the plate mates like Tom Black said. Worked great! Thanks Tom! I was still hungry for more weight. I tought of taping a 5# plate on to the 25# but I did not want to leave and go though the snow to my garage and get the duct tape. As I sat and ponder I saw the clip from Home Depot and clipped a 2 1/2# plate added the plate mates. Then for the next set 5# and then the mates. The clips work great and the neat thing is they are like kickstands when you put the weight on the floor between sets. Hope this helps.

In our world of grip feats we are talking about one handed feats. That should be understood by all. It needs to be made clear when two handed lifts are being claimed.

Next time I will make it a point to memorize the entire thread before I respond.

Like OldGuy said, unless stated I assume it's 1 handed.

If two hands are being used, please indicate

plate wrists curl.

In the same sense, when a plate curl is being discussed,

one arm is implied, as with grippers, as with pinching, as

with the Inch, etc.

Don't mention a modifier one time and not continue to mention it when discussing the same topic, and then

place the confusion on the reader when it should be on

the writer, who is after all 'leading' the discussion.

Thank you, thank you, very much. :)

A 20kg plate with 2 hands is tough.  Anybody tried that?

Sorry Tommy I did not know you were responding to Jim's post. I jumped the gun thinking you meant one hand.

Jim,I've been doing a 45lb. plate "plate wrist curl" for a while now I like 'em.10 reps.

I did not know how to insert 2 quotes into 1 reply. This here shows Tommy's answer to Jim's question.

Guest Mikael Siversson

Even so, 10 reps two-handed with 45lbs is good. I have seen Arne do 4 reps with 20 kg. He is good for about 200 kg in the two-hand table top wrist curl, so 10 reps with 20.5 kg (45lbs) would indicate perhaps 220 kg. This is somewhat confusing as it was stated in an e-mail sent to Nick Mckinless (not sure who sent it) that Tommy was far stronger than Nick in basically all aspects of forearm strength. Nick has done 275 kg in competition, so far stronger than that would be in excess of 300 kg one would think. This could explain why Tommy mentioned that he liked doing 10 reps with 45 lbs. This would be so far from his maximum strength that it makes the whole exercise pleasant, hence his comment. Another explanation would of course be that the person who sent the e-mail to Nick exaggerated Tommy's strength but I can't see the point of doing that.

Tommy I have seen a few pictures of you, but can't judge your size. How tall are you, and what is your weight? How long have you been grip training? Also, do you have measurements of hands, wrists and forearms? I've been in awe of your grip strength since joining grippage and seeing your hub and brick lifts in photo gallery. :bow

Based on what Tommy can do as far as grip is concerned, and he seems to be able to do it all, he might well have the strongest hands in the world. I for one will not be surprised when he closes a #4 in the near future.

:bow

Forgot one thing. I've also been in awe of people who can plate curl big plates. I'm very impressed with OldGuy's natural talent with the 35lb plate. OldGuy do you attribute this to your long fingers and many years that you worked with your hands. How are you training for the 45?

I have never been able to curl a 25lb plate until today. This thread made me go into basement and try PLATE CURLS with 25lb. plate and I managed 3 reps. The first one was strict, the other 2 my wrist bent back alittle, but I till surprised myself. Not too long ago the only plate curls I was doing was with 10lb plate with weight clamped on edge. As far as plate Wrist curls with 25 35 or 45, :whacked NOT HAPPENING.

Guest Mikael Siversson

Even more reason for him to compete so all his lifts can be verified. It would be amazing to see him do a 300 kg table top wrist curl considering his light body weight. Likewise a 280lbs Rolling Thunder would send a clear message to Mobsterone. In the pinch he is up there with the best. Sorin did 56 kg on a 100 mm iron plate (york) set up having moderate sized hands like Tommy. A couple of months training and Tommy might beat that as well.

I have only plate curled 2 or 3 times to see what I could do. I am doing K T A currently . Later in the year I will focus on plate curling and blob lifting. I do have very long hands which helps greatly in plate curls and thickbar. As for grip strength I am average on this board and not even close to some.

Tom I have also admired your strength since joining board, mainly wrist strength. Great job with the 25lb plate Wrist curls. Do you or does anyone have an opinion which would be better for wrist training? Would it be plate curls or plate Wrist curls? I know Brookfield says plate curls may be the best wrist developer under the sun, but does it also strengthen fingers like plate Wrist curls?

I'm now interested in wrist strength because of losing in armwrestling because my wrist was bent quickly.

The TTWC is not often done and need a special table and some help to do. I doubt if Tommy has ever tried it. No doubt he would do well being such an alrounder. Tommy can back up what he claims. I admit that a one time I dismissed him as a troll. Which is understandable.