Pushkar - Best In The World Right Now?

G-Man

I'd like to see a Zoloev supermatch against against any of the top heavies. I think people are forgetting he had a war with Rustam prior to Jerry.

watching the open category is always very interesting, but for rankings it's not accurate...

the rustam vs zoloev match was great and in this case you can almost say fresh for fresh because both pullers had almost no competition in their classes, but if you look at cadorettes he had some though matches in the +95kg class. Would Cadorette beat zoloev in a fresh for fresh match... who knows....

This happend also I think 2 years ago when Pushkar and Cyplenkov destroyed themselves in the +95kg category and then Rustam beat Pushkar in a hard match. 1 year later he came in "fresh" and destroyed him....

G-man:

In a supermatch like John vs. Devon.... I think both athletes got paid to do it. It's just a supermatch, all paid for, etc... so it's more understandable that John tried even not being 100%.

But the case in point has Jerry going to Zlotty, a big Tournament, which as far as I know pays no athlete to actually go and just compete. Just exactly why are you think Jerry was out of shape? He took time off work, traveled all the way to Poland, and said on the NE AW forum that he felt like Superman the day before the tourney, noone has even mentioned him being injured or anything. Also I believe this is his FIRST appearance at Zlotty... sounds odd that he would go out of shape, very odd.

What you might have missed in the NE board is that the refs in poland were STRICT. Even Jerry said so. In fact several people basically implied he gets away with too many elbow fouls in the USA and he wouldn't have such an impressive record if all elbow fouls were called. Maybe THIS made a difference, more than just coming up with "well he lost several matches including a lightweight freak of nature, so he must have been outta shape".

Debating in the interwebz, never gets old :P

Everyone needs to quit making up excuses for why one of North America's best armwrestlers got beat by a lightweight. Look, Zoloev is the real deal and flat out out powered Jerry. Zoloev was at LEAST equally and in all probability MORE drained during their match. It is what it is. The Europeans are simply on another level than the rest of the world.

• Like 1

Everyone needs to quit making up excuses for why one of North America's best armwrestlers got beat by a lightweight. Look, Zoloev is the real deal and flat out out powered Jerry. Zoloev was at LEAST equally and in all probability MORE drained during their match. It is what it is. The Europeans are simply on another level than the rest of the world.

AGREED!

Zoloev is PFP the BEST!

Absolute Monstrous Pulling Power!!!

I might add what Brzenk said at the end of his commentary,

"That's one BAD BOY!"

I might add what Brzenk said at the end of his commentary,

"That's one BAD BOY!"

Yeaaaah...when John Brzenk says that about you and you're <80kg :bow

Jerry said in NE board that he's big, bad and ready to go. But then complain about jet-lag after the lost. But still over 100 lbs different and the small guy had a war with Rustam.prior to beating you says a lot.

For very good armwrestlers, weight doesn't matter that much. For instance, the best 154-176 pound guys can hang with some of the best 242+ guys.

I always love when the argument of body weight comes up. Most of the time its laughable. Weight in todays AW is nearly meaningless amongst nearly ALL over 200 pounds. Also in the lighter classes it barely makes much more difference at 11 lbs increments. Very Very rarely when a puller puts on 11 pounds is in the areas that effect the muscles used for AW. Now I grant you that when a very lean puller puts on weight from AW specific training they will get stronger. But we are only now starting to see what the human arm is capable of.

As far as Jerry not being in TOP shape. I would bet he was in the strongest shape of his life. In a hook, Zoloev beats him every time. But there are many bigger pullers that could top roll him.

Train hard but more importantly train smart

Just exactly why are you think Jerry was out of shape?

Either Jerry was not at his best or the Eastern Europeans are on a whole different level.

If the Eastern Europeans are on a whole different level, it's a relatively recent phenomenon. When Denis C (current best of the Europeans) was at the last Arnolds, he had a war with Richard Lupkes and lost one match to Michael Todd.

It's much more believable that Jerry was off a little than the Eastern Europeans just blew up in power to a whole new level.

If we assume Jerry was at his best, then the top ten list should have Denis C and Pushkar as #1 and #2. Devon would be somewhere in the top 10 with Michael Todd right behind him and all the rest on that list being the Eastern Europeans.

Edited by G-Man

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody knows how many world titles Pushkar and Rustam have now?

I'd think Arsen is building a bit total as well. Didn't he win at 75kg and 80kg and he's got at least 3 at 90kg?

I'd think Arsen is building a bit total as well. Didn't he win at 75kg and 80kg and he's got at least 3 at 90kg?

Thanks Kashtan.

Josh, Rustam and Andrey Pushkar win both hands, Arsen only righty.

• 2 weeks later...

See last match:

Way to win the Worlds again.

Pushkar looks so good now it's hard to see anyone on this side of the Atlantic beating him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...