Quest For Gripstrength Starting With Gripper #3

Geralt

Still very busy with work at this point...so much to do in and around the house because of the spare free time there is...

So I'm training a bit more now how I feel.

Warming up with abs and bench, did legs with squats two nights before.

Core workout with grippers:

Vulcan choked level 15 L, missed and forced closed, keeping it closed felt not that extreme heavy, it's the close itself that's heavy..;

IM#3.5 MMS R, miss, forced closed, but due to bad setting, my pinky didn't get the space it needed....forced closed turned into crappy negative;

Repeated L with same Vulcan 4 x in total;

IM #3 CCS R, first time very near, second time very, very near, maybe 0,5 cm/0,19 inch, of course hard to say when squeezing and trying to measure;

third and fourth attempt, pretty much the same;

Secret Weapon, couple of reps L and R with 20kg's, pulled my hands open right away for a few mm's, let's see if I can keep this weight up.

Thumb work in between.

Next session heavy with gripmachine.

Glad to hear your near CCS on your #3 :mosher keep going

Thanks for the cheer! I'm figuring that normally the last part of the close can take up to a year to get,

but I shut it several times MMS for longer holds, so it's definitely the CCS itself that I have to get used to.

It feels good by the way to first pump up the thumbpads, helps in feeling the set more firm!

Today thumbwork with thumbscrews (light), repping my thumbscrews, mounted on a sportsgripper.

Gripmachine:

After warm up with light weight, decided to go for heavy singles and then some reps.

Highest single, both hands together at app. 3 cm /1.19 inch handle distance, 140 kg with absolutely no cheating.

Then reps, 1 x 4, 1 x 3 and 1 x 3 at 120 kg.

This felt very intense, deep in the tendons in my lowerarms!

This was done in between vacuumcleaning my house and hanging up some laundry hahaha! Yes I'm a busy man!

I know, there's not much structure at this point in my training, but I take my moments when I feel good.

Now first gripsession will be tuesday or wednesday. Again, then practice of CCS. I just want to get those handles touch for just one time now!

I'll throw in my choked Vulcan again with more parallel work above #3.

Edited by Geralt

30-03 Evening session:

Warmup with thumb work with thumbscrews;

10 reps no set IM#1 L and R;

1 single CCS #3 R, very near;

1 single MMS #3 L, felt a bit weak;

Then a few singles L at level 13/14 with my choked Vulcan, missed, forced closed, strong holds! ten seconds.

singles R at level 15, miss, turned into forced closed and hold.

HOLDS are no problem, I don't have trouble keeping the gripper closed, but the last few mm in closes both hands are weak.

Think that's always the case when I'm training heavy, maybe a recovery issue. 'Cause I've closed the Vulcan at level 15 (choked).

Saturday heavy gripmachine work and choked Vulcan again, I'm ditching the CCS attempts, have to work now on the 20mm sets.

My sweep definitely has gotten stronger. So now work has to be done in the last part of the close.

30-03 Evening session:

Warmup with thumb work with thumbscrews;

10 reps no set IM#1 L and R;

1 single CCS #3 R, very near;

1 single MMS #3 L, felt a bit weak;

Then a few singles L at level 13/14 with my choked Vulcan, missed, forced closed, strong holds! ten seconds.

singles R at level 15, miss, turned into forced closed and hold.

HOLDS are no problem, I don't have trouble keeping the gripper closed, but the last few mm in closes both hands are weak.

Think that's always the case when I'm training heavy, maybe a recovery issue. 'Cause I've closed the Vulcan at level 15 (choked).

Saturday heavy gripmachine work and choked Vulcan again, I'm ditching the CCS attempts, have to work now on the 20mm sets.

My sweep definitely has gotten stronger. So now work has to be done in the last part of the close.

Nice workout and great to read a game plan. That last little bit, I know you'll get it done on grippers :happy

Thnx Bigs! Hope you're right! :mosher

Finally, today great weather in Holland! 21 degree Celsius! Great. Did some work in and around the house, kids in the garden.

and offcourse, griptraining with the gripmachine.

Short warmup;

Vulcan R level 15, choked to parallel. Very near, forced closed against leg and 10 seconds hold;

Vulcan L level 14, choked to parallel. Near, forced closed against leg and 10 seconds hold;

repeated this four times, did some gardenwork in between.

GRIPMACHINE:

Max out at 3cm / 1,18 inch handle distance at 140 kg, 2 reps.

Attempt 145 kg, 319 lbs, fail.

Singles/reps very strict, no upper body movement. This is very taxing on the tendons, I can tell you!

4 sets of max repwork: 130 kg/286 lbs x5 x5 x4 x4.

End! Now at least four days rest from any specific gripwork.

Tried a Jamar handdynamometer this morning with my physical therapist, the thing has a max of 90 kgs/200 pounds.

First try seated L and R around 85 kg's, my pt had never seen that hahaha! The thing slipped out of my hands though, so I asked after

my armtreatment if I could try it again, now the handles at MM set distance (a little bit wider), I squeezed 90 kg's plus! both hands, so the needle

just couldn't go any further. My PT found it was very strong! I know better, it's maybe not weak, but I still have to do a lot of work...

Tonight training, but I think the intensity of this morning took me some strength...

R 3 x CCS #3, near, but not as near as the last time;

L 3 x MMS #3, very near;

All attempts forced closed and holds...

Then some attempt on choked Vulcan level 15...

Somehow I didn't keep focus.

Maybe the heavy but short sessions grip once a week combined with heavy gripmachinework once a week is just a bit to taxing...

I have no problem getting the #3 CCS way past parallel, so my sweep isn't the problem. I know that if I'm on the overtrained side, the final part of the close always

is very weak, after at least 5 or 6 days mostly I get that final closing power back. Well, I'm going to train a little bit further, in about three weeks I'm going on a short vacation with my family, so that will be a good rest week.

Nice training Geralt the #3 CCS will fall soon enough

Thank you very much Pete, and good luck to you in your training quest. I expect to see some PR's soon! Since you are mashing the MM2 now. Old habits never die eh? hahaha Cheers.

Ok...back in business. Been busy lately and griptraining slipped a bit. Besides that, one heavy session and one heavy gripmachine session a few weeks and i'm feeling my hands are needing some rest now.

I've done more overall body work like chinups with both hands directly pinkie to pinkie, that doesn't tax my arminjury, so that's good! And abs, that kind of stuff.

Chinups cost strength. Pulling work costs strength. So it's one thing or the other. Well, can't have everything in strengthtraining, so much to do hahaha!

Squats between gripper singles, combined with ab work;

Warm up:

IM #1 L and R 10 reps;

IM #2 L and R one TNS closed;

Core workout:

Choked Vulcan level 15 gold spring, R closed!;

Choked Vulcan level 13 gold spring, L closed!;

Repeated this 3 times, no closes anymore, but very near, missed the explosiveness chokerwork is meant for. All forced closed against leg, holds are no problem for at least 5 - 7 secs;

Straphold R choked IM#3 with 1 kg and very thin strap, had to assist the close and it felt closed, but the strap slipped.

Some rep work on lower Vulcan levels, not choked btw but CCS.

Secret weapon:

L and R 1 x 10 secs. 12,5 kg, 1 x 15kg 10 secs, 1 x 20 kg pulled my hands right open.

Also some light thumbwork with thumbscrews.

After that with the squatwork and abs, some chinups and pushups.

Wasted! hahaha!

While demolishing my old carport today (going to build a new one), I decided to do gripmachine singles in between.

Those are very taxing on the tendons in my lowerarms I can tell ya!

Warmup with repping my IM#1;

2 singles at 130 kg's;

1 single at 140 kg's (PR!);

1 single at 145 kg's (new PR!);

1 single at 148 kg's (newest PR!);

Maybe a kg higher would have been possible, but I feel my body wants to go and start pulling, so the rep wouldn't be strict anymore.

Maybe I'll do some repwork with my gripmachine this afternoon, but those will be at a much lower weight.

Gripmachine setting: L and R hand both at the most outer site of the handles, handles set at 3 cm /1.19 inch distance (block of wood under the moving part of the gripmachine).

That's it for today, in one week I'll go on vacation for a few days, don't know if i'll take my grppers with me or not...maybe a 5 days rest is also a good thing to let my lowerarms heal up...although messy in consistance, my workouts have been pretty intense lately.

Couldn't edit anymore: last single at 150 kg's, new PR. Felt quite good, although at my max.

Hands are wasted, couldn't get my Vulcan moving at level 15, time to back off, maybe it's because of my more heavy overall bodytraining.

Tried a CCS #3, couldn't get it past parallel, that's just sick. I've almost closed it, so my hands are definitely not an a roll.

Yesterday I went home from work, felt sick, probably got it from my wife who's been sick the last two days...

Feeling better now, but since I'm on vacation from saturday till thursday, I'll be taking a complete rest from training now. Maybe I'll do pushup work

but that's it. Part of the job, listening to the body eh.

Cheers. Back in a week.

Hands are wasted, couldn't get my Vulcan moving at level 15, time to back off, maybe it's because of my more heavy overall bodytraining.

Tried a CCS #3, couldn't get it past parallel, that's just sick. I've almost closed it, so my hands are definitely not an a roll.

Yesterday I went home from work, felt sick, probably got it from my wife who's been sick the last two days...

Feeling better now, but since I'm on vacation from saturday till thursday, I'll be taking a complete rest from training now. Maybe I'll do pushup work

but that's it. Part of the job, listening to the body eh.

Cheers. Back in a week.

Enjoy your vacation and hope you feel better. You'll get that #3 CCS, just know it :rock

Thanks guys, yeah I'll get it sometime hahaha :mosher

Have a great holiday, and just CCS that thing when you're back!

RT.

Thnx man, btw: going to Ter Speegelt camping in Brabant! That's where you are from isn't it? Better make sure you leave some

sunshine for us then! hahaha!

thanks!

And back into business. Had a nice camping-break with 25+ degrees! Great.

Decided to try and ease back into training and not trying to PR after a few days rest.

I did some pushup work in the vacation and could still feel the bones in my lower arms,

so I figure I beat them up quite heavy in the last weeks. Rest was needed.

Decided to ease back into training and not directly try to PR after some rest.

I'm still doing more overall body work now, but I'm not going to write that in my log.

Core workout:

IM #1 x 10 L and R

IM #3.5 MMS L and R turned into negative crush, VERY intense;

Choked Vulcan level 15 R assisted close, then holding with one hand with straphold 0.5 kg, very thin strap, 6 seconds;

Choked Vulcan level 12 L, samo, only straphold just a few seconds, left hand didn't seem to feel that strong;

Repeated this 4 times, that's it. Still, the singles were VERY intense.

Griptraining together with squats and, discovered since today, goodmornings! My hamstrings are truly trembling after using a barbell with only

25 kg's! hahaha, but since I've never done this one I figure it's best to concentrate on the movement first.

Also did some shoulder work and chinups (easy going because of my past arminjury).

Core workout:

3 x max single attempt parallel choked IM#3.5 R, forced closed and turned into negative crush;

3 x max single attempt parallel choked Vulcan level 12 forced closed and hold closed;

Intensity VERY high and EXPLOSIVE.

3 x L and R speed reps max 10 reps with parallel choked Vulcan, level 9.

I'm also going to start using my gripmachine again.

Edited by Geralt

Core workout:

3 x max single attempt parallel choked IM#3.5 R, forced closed and turned into negative crush;

3 x max single attempt parallel choked Vulcan level 12 forced closed and hold closed;

Vulcan level 12 was left hand BTW. Couldn't edit anymore.

Yesterday I did gripmachine work. I got nowhere near my last PR of 150-155 kg. My hands are not up to notch at this point, but I think it is because of the chinup work I'm doing, I'm around 100 kg's and it takes a slight toll of my grip when doing these on my 'off grip' days. I'm figuring out a new and fresh training routine.

Till that time, it's just doing chokerwork with my #3.5 for explosive strength and working with my Vulcan.

For the rest, I did some repwork with the gripmachine at around 80 - 90 kg's, 30+ reps at 3 cm handle distance. With both hands, that is.

Edited by Geralt

Today overall body, same as monday. Today also with griptraining.

Trying a new concept.

5 x 5 on my gripmachine, handles again 3 cm distance. weight app. 70% of 1RM.

5 x 5 x 60 kg's one hand at a time. As explosive closes as possible.

Feels very good, something left in the bag, but still a good workout.

After that, 3 x single static holds/negatives with one hand at a time, 100 kg's 6 secs before opening, 2 x 80 kg's, 5 seconds before opening.

Let's see what that does, next gripsession after 2/3 days minimum, the same idea or chokerwork with IM#3.5. I'll see how my hands feel.