Wrist Roller Technique Confused

islandd387

Hey guys i have a few questions and variables coming into play concerning my wrist roller work

i use the one wicked wrist roller and the twist yo wrist (twist yo wrist is amazing for grip contrary to it looking like a gimmick)

Mike brown talks about the arms length wrist roller technique because he says it puts the forearm and wrist in the position for the greatest potential to strengthen them, i would post the link but don't want to get in trouble.

as far as i know john grimek also used the arms length method but as we all know it puts great strain on the front deltoid which is very easy to injure. i don't much like the machine method, because its just that, a machine.

then there is the method where we just let it hang straight down, but i dont think this would strengthen the wrists as much and im not doing this for a forearm pump. I'm doing it to strengthen my wrists obviously though the pump is a happy side effect. But i guess when i am rolling a 45lb for reps I'll have pretty strong wrists? anyway, give me some insight you grip guys, ive been wondering this for awhile, sorry for the long post.

for what its worth, i hate to keep my arms straight on when using a roller. i mean you are trying to hit the wrists and forearms, not the front of the shoulders. so ,i keep the roller at waist level, 45 degrees to the upper arm. still burns me so it must work. each to their own i suppose.

I tend to keep my elbows bent,and have my forearms parallel to the ground,like I am riding a bike.It takes all the stress off the shoulders and upper arms.Works for me.

I tend to keep my elbows bent,and have my forearms parallel to the ground,like I am riding a bike.It takes all the stress off the shoulders and upper arms.Works for me.

thats what i meant Alex. i wassn't clear in my description. made my own, 2 inch metal tube, drilled a hole, length of twine through it, clip to add the plates. not mean with the cash, but in the present climate!!!!!!!!!!!!1