Worlds Strongest Hands Leg 2

barbe705

World of Grip – World’s Strongest Hands 2010

It will be a distributed competition with multiple promoters throughout the world running the same events on the same day. Scores will be compared against all other competitors for the various venues for the Overall Leg Placing. Points will be awarded for each leg with a cumulative tally at the end of the series for the series win. Contact me if you have interest in competing.

Leg 1 - Saturday 14 August, 2010

Leg 2 - Saturday 11 September, 2010

Leg 3 - Saturday 16 October, 2010

Leg 4 - Saturday 13 November, 2010

Events:

1. Two Hands Pinch Lift on Europinch device

2. Wrist Developer w/gold spring (reverse bending movement)

3. One Hand Vulcan Gripper w/gold spring- 20mm block close

Additional Leg 2 events at Towanda Location:

1. 300# axle for reps. 60 sec time frame, 60 sec break. Reps will be tallied for three sets.

2. Farmers hold for time. weight TBD.

3. Double Overhand Bending. Unlimited wraps. assorted stock will be available.

4. Block weight load to platform for time. weight of block will be agreed upon by contestants. 60 sec time limit.

Local Venue:

Diesel Garage

905 Route 409

Wyalusing PA 18853

More details will be posted here and on www.dieselcrew.com

Time: 1000

Overall promoter:

David Horne and World of Grip

Competitors:

You can compete at any venue. The same events and apparatus will be used at all venues.

Trophies:

There will be ‘World of Grip handshake logo’ trophies for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of the overall placings. For the individual 4 legs there will be medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Entrance fees:

$15 per leg, or $37 for more than 1 leg, ie. All 4 legs.

All payments are made to the individual promoters by cash/check (on the day) or paypal (jedd.diesel@gmail.com) - add $1 for paypal payments..

Results:

All the results will be sent to World of Grip on the day of the contest and then publically posted as soon as possible.

At the end of the 4 legs, the overall scores will be compiled to find the overall rankings and winner. The trophies and medals will then be sent out to the winners.

Edited by barbe705

Just bumping this up in case anyone is interested.

This will be the first qualifier for the 2010-2011 season, with many different contests being held all over the United States.

We will keep score using Strongman scoring for the duration of the events since we will start out that way for the WSH events.

This series is a great choice for those interested in trying out their first competition. I already have one member from The Grip Authority who is coming up to my place for his first comp.

If anybody else is interested in competing, please let me know here.

Jedd

Here is the list so far.

Jedd Johnson

Brent Barbe

Mary Anne McKeague

Frank Snyder

Ed Livesey

Mike Pachulsky

It's going to be very interesting how things shake out between Brent and Frank. Brent is in the best shape of his Grip life. Frank is a bit rusty, but the last time he was up here, he lifted the inch and close a 3.5 after no training for months. He says he can't really speak about what he has been doing. Something about going down to the docks and breaking thumbs. I hope he doesn't break my thumb...

We've got some events going on here that I have not trained in quite some time. The axle is going to be interesting. Brent's sumo stance has really come along and Frank always has double digits in him.

Mary Anne is not coming up here to mess around. She is looking to get a good placing in the fray of the WSH.

Ed Livesey and Mike Pachulsky are two guys from The Grip Authority. Ed just started bending horse shoes. I forget what he said he is bending now. Mike is looking forward to checking out the contest to see what he has to work on. Both guys have told me they love Grip and Feats, so it will be nice to have them on hand.

Conspicuous by his absence will be John Eaton. He says he can't make it, but I am wondering if we will make a dramatic surprise entrance, similar to the heel wrestler who suddenly crawls out from under the ring. Will we see Eaton come back and try to take a placing away from Brent. After all Brent did finish one spot ahead of John at Nationals...

If anybody else is looking for something to do tomorrow, I'm just a 6-hr drive from New England, DelMarVa, and the Tri-State area, so come up and take part.

Jedd

By the way, we are starting at 11 tomorrow, as I plan on drinking at least half of this Heineken keg by myself and need a little extra time to sleep in...

Today, we ran both the WSH Leg 2 and two other events. Farmers and Bending were scrapped as we took extra time showing two new gents how to work with the wrist developer and vulcan.

Without divulging any specific numbers (as those will be released tomorrow by David Horne, here is how the scoring panned out. Strongman scoring was used.

Two Hands Pinch

Jedd - 1

Brent - 2

Frank - 3

Mike - 4.5

EJ - 4.5

Mary Anne - 1

Wrist Developer

Jedd - 1

Brent - 2

Frank - 3

Mike - 4

EJ - 5

Mary Anne - 1

Vulcan

Jedd - 1.5

Brent - 3

Frank - 1.5

Mike - 4.5

EJ - 4.5

Mary Anne - 1

Axle for Reps

Jedd - 4

Brent - 1

Frank - 2

Mike - 4

EJ - 4

Mary Anne - 1

Block Weight for Reps

Jedd - 1

Brent - 3

Frank - 2

Mike - 4.5

EJ - 4.5

Mary Anne - 1

Total

Jedd - 8.5

Brent - 11

Frank - 11.5

Mike - 21.5

EJ - 22.5

Mary Anne - 1

I screwed my back up on the pinch. I'll say how later on, but I couldn't even try the axle.

Mike (Puchalski) had to go back home for a schmootball game. Ed Livesey also came up and learned a lot. He was injured as well - hurt himself bending horse shoes earlier in the week, but he never complained once. Both of these guys are some of the guys I work with at The Grip Authority. Mike told me he can't wait to get his hands on some more of the equipment. He'd never seen most of this stuff, but loves Grip. Ed is going to be a good bender. He flattened a horse shoe before he hit the road for Maryland.

Still can't get over how much Brent has improved. His forearms must be bigger than mine by now.

Frank Snyder showed up and matched his numbers from GGC 2009 with NO TRAINING since like May or something like that. Get up here and train sometime, son!

I think Mary Anne has the potential to be one of the best in the ladies division in the US. Keep up the good work!

I will have a complete report of the contest on Grip Strength Radio tomorrow, including a couple of experimental events we tried. Check it out tomorrow: Grip Strength Radio

Hope everyone had a good day today.

Jedd

had a hard time. I think I was still a little bit messed up from ggc the weekend before. and with fbbb next month I won't really put my best foot forward until the nov leg. oh well, what can you do.

thanks to jedd for hosting and david for putting this together.

brent

You did fine bro. Your pinch went up in a week's time didn't it?

yes. but, it's still not quite where it was at chris's 3 weeks before that. plan on hitting things hard between now and the next leg.

yes. but, it's still not quite where it was at chris's 3 weeks before that. plan on hitting things hard between now and the next leg.

Leg 3 should be interesting for me. It will be fun to see how ten days straight of rock climbing affects all these events compared to working out in the gym. I expect quite a drop off as I'm usually beat up pretty bad when I come back from a long climbing trip. We'll see.

Thanks for all the kind words. I love grip and I love bending. I'll be sticking around for a while. I like to make the impossible, possible. Horseshoes are by far my favorite then graded bolts. I think I faired pretty well for only training grip for less than 3 months. I plan to really impress in the next leg.

See ya there.

EJ

• 3 weeks later...

Jedd, you gonna start a new thread for info on Leg 3 at your place? Im planning on coming up for Leg 3 and/or Leg 4!

I will make a new thread if you come up for Leg 3 AND 4....

You drive a hard bargain, Im in. Especially if you get that punk John Eaton to show up :tongue Post it up!

Don't hold your breath on that one. John is doing one of those peaceful strikes from training where he won't move off the couch again.