2010 Nationals

Jedd Johnson

Nationals will take place September 4th in Wyalusing PA.

Events:

1. Mash Monster Set Grippers

All grippers are calibrated using the RGC

2. Euro Pinch

All weights are calibrated. All widths will be used.

3. Axle Deadlift

IronMind Axle will be used

4. Wrist Roller Sled Pull

FBBC Wrist Roller will be used, attached to a stationary object. A toe strap will be pulled over the edge of the wrist roller, pulling a sled uphill.

5. Monster Medley

Sickest medley ever containing all Grip Strength disciplines.

Gripboard Scoring will be used. Top performance gets 10 points, all other performances are based off top performance.

Will start at 10 AM and go until finished.

Entry fee $50. Shirts will be ordered for competitors. Extras can be ordered for other family members. Must contact me ahead of time.

Any questions, please post here or email me at jedd.diesel@gmail.com or call me - 607-857-6997.

Time to get it on!

Jedd

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jedd Johnson

• climber511

• barbe705

• andurniat

The Wrist Roller event is being done instead of hammer levering or weaver stick for ease of preparation and judging. That is pretty much the only change from previous contests.

Look for a challenging medley.

Wondering what the interest is in Hand Size Groups. Please post here with your thoughts. Thanks.

Hey there guys. Wanted to let you know of some of the sponsors who have already come on in support of Nationals.

Stronger Grip

Ryan Pitts has supported our contest for the last two years and is doing so again this year. I really appreciate his willingness to take part in the sport. I don't even have to ask him, he just offers.

Durniat Strength

This is Andrew Durniat's company. Andrew is the reigning U.S. champion. He was one of the first to contact me and offer a prie package. Thanks Andrew!

Total Performance Sports

CJ Murphy at TPS has been a long-time supporter of Nationals and GGC. He has a great DVD set on Strongman training. If you are looking to get into that sport, his dvd set is a great starting point. Murph got me started in Strongman and helped me out quite a bit during my competition years.

Straight to the Bar

Scott Bird has sponsored several years in a row. His site is awesome for strength and fitness. You can find a ton of info there and he enjoy supporting our sport.

Stronger Wrist

Just found out about this company recently and the owner, Scott Lattella, is all about supporting us with a prize package and is looking at coming to the show to check it out. Scott is an arm wrestler and is looking forward to finding out more.

FatGripz

I contacted Matt from their customer service and he is going to send us a price package as well. I think these Fat Gripz make thick bar training much easier, especially with how fast they can be put over a normal sized handle.

Chris Rice

Climber is going to be bringing some of his handsome home made grip equipment this year again. Aside from being a perennial competitor, he has also taken on the role of perennial sponsor. Thanks Chris!

Fat Bastard Barbell Co

John Beatty will be sponsoring us again this year. This is several years in a row. Very nice of you John. Congrats on your recent success on America's Got Talent.

IronMind: Home of Captains of Crush Grippers and Tools of the Trade for Serious Strength Athletes is back on board as a sponsor. It is nice to have their support for the contest again this year.

Mike "Hubgeezer" Corlett

Mike will be unable to make it this year, but will be sending a prize to be added to the Diesel Award Kittie. For those who don't know, the Diesel Award is an award voted upon by all the competitors for the individual who shows the most heart, inspiration, etc.

Swager Strength Equipment

Swager Strength is on board and is sending us a piece of their interesting product line. This year's contest has the widest variety of sponsors ever, I do believe. Thanks to Drew from SSE for his support of our contest.

I encourage you all to check out the sponsor sites sometime when you have a chance. They may just offer a product that is something that can take you to the next level in your training.

Look for more updates as we go guys!

Jedd

DieselCrew.com

Nationals Hotel Information

I will not be able to have the normal half dozen dudes stay at my place this year because of our baby. Sorry about the inconvenience. I do have other options for you.

* * * My buddy owns the Victorian Charm Inn in Towanda about 20 Minutes away. 570-265-4452. It's $85 per night, but he's willing to knock it down to $75 for me if he can get like 4 rooms claimed. The owner is long time friend of mine and I'd love to shoot him some business.

Other places to stay nearby:

Wyalusing Hotel (Wyalusing 10 minutes) 570-746-1204 $75 to $130 wyalusinghotel.com

Mark's Valley View (Laceyville 20 minutes) 570-869-2910 $60 per night. Let them know it is for the Grip Contest. Only have 2 or 3 rooms available.

Endless Mountains Motel LLC (South of Dushore 45 Minutes) 570-928-9003 endlessmtsmotel.com

I encourage you to reserve early this year because there is a lot of Natural Gas drilling going on around this area and the workers fill these rooms fast.

Thanks guys!

Jedd

Thanks Jedd. If anyone going wants to split the cost on a room, send me a PM.

I should have a video up on YouTube tonight on the Wrist Roller event and how it is set up.

Here is the video on the set-up of the wrist roller event.

Let me know if any questions.

Jedd

Very excited to go and watch some massive crushing power.. Like Jedd said Strongerwrist.com is giving 2 Heavy Metal Wristballs (with counter) away as prizes.

P.S. Very nervous about shaking anyones hands at this event :)

Jedd I think I can arrange a small sponsorship from powerandbulk.com. I'll pm you in the next week or so.

Very excited to go and watch some massive crushing power.. Like Jedd said Strongerwrist.com is giving 2 Heavy Metal Wristballs (with counter) away as prizes.

P.S. Very nervous about shaking anyones hands at this event :)

We're nervous about shaking hands with you too - please try not to hurt us :)

Here is the video on the set-up of the wrist roller event.

Jedd

Jedd, I think you earn points for creativity on this one. In some ways it reminds me of the last WSM contest, the "boat pull".

Guys, sorry I missed your questions. Was busy most of the weekend.

I am working on the form as we speak. Should be ready today.

Just to let everyone know, the entry is $50, but if you don't get it in until Game Day, then it's going up to $70. So please post-mark them by August 27th.

Bob, that would be awesome to get something from P&B. Let me know what you are thinking.

Mike, so many wrist events bring with them questionable judgeability that I wanted to find something that was a bit more straight-forward and could be trained for more easily. Smitty and I were talking about it and wrist roller seemed to be the agreement we came to.

Scott, you're gonna like this stuff buddy. Don't forget we have the World's Strongest Hands this weekend, so if you'd like to come down and give it a try, you might actually qualify for Nationals!

Keep the questions coming you've got them guys!

Jedd

Hey Bullitt, I just sent you an email bro (yahoo address). Check it out when you get time.

Thanks.

Jedd

Bwah ha ha ha ha. (stroking mustache between thumb and index finger)

Just ordered the strapping and going to test the event this week to see how much weight we will be using.

With that much strapping, there will be a judge there feeding the strap along the wrist roller so it does not hinder the persons performance.

Here is the entry form. All I need you to send me is the last page. Keep the rules and other info and please let me know if there are any questions so we can discuss and iron out here.

Entry Form

Bwah ha ha ha ha. (stroking mustache between thumb and index finger)

Just ordered the strapping and going to test the event this week to see how much weight we will be using.

With that much strapping, there will be a judge there feeding the strap along the wrist roller so it does not hinder the persons performance.

hahahaha. I've already devised a roller with a 100ft. strap to train on in the gym. Now its time to see how heavy and fast I can go. Been secretly working the 2hp as well, so watch yourself. :whistel :whistel

I might have to pass on this one. Lots of nonsense going on around here lately. Anyone care to carpool?

Won't be the same without your bare feet walking around bro.

I might have to pass on this one. Lots of nonsense going on around here lately. Anyone care to carpool?

Carpooling as always. Lets combine schedules and see what we can do. I'm sure climber feels the same.

FYI

The Comfort Inn is full on the 4th. I got a sweet room at the Victorian Charm Inn, a 2 room suite with a queen, double, and single bed. Plus a FULL breakfast Sunday morning. $85. If he gets 4 more he will knock it down to $75. Can't beat that!

Looking forward to meeting everyone and helping Jedder survive another one.

FYI

The Comfort Inn is full on the 4th. I got a sweet room at the Victorian Charm Inn, a 2 room suite with a queen, double, and single bed. Plus a FULL breakfast Sunday morning. $85. If he gets 4 more he will knock it down to $75. Can't beat that!

Rick - I just booked at the Victoria as well. It will be at least Andrew and I and perhaps others - not sure yet. Looking forward to seeing you again and meeting the kids.

FYI

I guess it did a lot of good to call them and reserve rooms, eh??? Screw it. I won't use them anymore and I will take them off the post and support my buddy Jack instead.