Worlds Strongest Hands 2010- Minneapolis, Mn

AdamTGlass

World of Grip Worlds Strongest Hands 2010

It will be a distributed competition with multiple promoters throughout the world running the same events on the same day. Scores will be compared against all other competitors for the various venues for the Overall Leg Placing. Points will be awarded for each leg with a cumulative tally at the end of the series for the series win. Contact me if you have interest in competing.

Leg 1 - Saturday 14 August, 2010

Leg 2 - Saturday 11 September, 2010

Leg 3 - Saturday 16 October, 2010

Leg 4 - Saturday 13 November, 2010

Events:

1. Two Hands Pinch Lift on Europinch device

2. Wrist Developer w/gold spring (reverse bending movement)

3. One Hand Vulcan Gripper w/gold spring- 20mm block close

Additional events after official events for local venue

4. FBBC 2" Vertical Bar Lift

5. Overhand Axle Deadlift (rules will be posted for contest on my site)

6. Medley - 11 items

Local Venue:

The Movement Minneapolis

2080 East Center Circle

Plymouth, MN

Located at I494 and HW 55

More details will be posted here and on www.adamtglass.com

Time: 1000

Overall promoter:

David Horne and World of Grip

Contest promoters:

David Horne Stafford, England

Steve Gardener Gloucester, England

Juha Harju Helsinki, Finland

Chris Rice Crooksville, Ohio, USA

Dave Thornton Three Rivers, Michigan, USA

Eric Milfeld Fort Worth, Texas, USA

Jedd Johnson Wyalusing, Pennsylvania, USA

Adam T. Glass Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Aaron Concorran + Tim Struse - Tucson, Arizona, USA

Competitors:

You can compete at any venue. The same events and apparatus will be used at all venues.

Trophies:

There will be World of Grip handshake logo trophies for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of the overall placings. For the individual 4 legs there will be medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Entrance fees:

$15 per leg, or $37 for more than 1 leg, ie. All 4 legs.

All payments are made to the individual promoters by cash (on the day) or paypal.

Results:

All the results will be sent to World of Grip on the day of the contest and then publically posted as soon as possible.

At the end of the 4 legs, the overall scores will be compiled to find the overall rankings and winner. The trophies and medals will then be sent out to the winners.

Updated info will be posted at http://www.adamtglass.com

Contact me for entry at Adamtglass@yahoo.com or call 701-340-8790

Edited by SSGGLASS

Count me in

Luke, you'll finally get to see what you can really pinch on the Euro.

Adam, have you seasoned up your Euro pretty good yet?

I am looking forward to having you two gentlemen out!!

Paul

No, and please share some advice on how to legally do that. Right now it is not taking chalk yet and the rim is SHARP. I have pinched on it three days so far, cut my thumb web day 1 and openned it back up again both days...not so good for me.

I am still working to figure out what my personal pinch width should be. Honestly after pulling on it this week I feel absolutely humbled by those of you who are pulling over 100kg...man that is strong

Adam - you are allowed to round the edges on your Euro - not doing so meant cutting myself constantly and then losing training time until it healed. There was a discussion a while back and David Horne said rounding was permitted - I took the angle grinder to mine and never looked back - I can now actually train it enough to get a real workout in for progress. I really made little progress until I started using a notebook and trying all kinds of widths - hand spacings, twists, levering etc etc. Try different widths - what "feels" good may not actually allow the most weight to be lifted - take good notes - it made all the difference for me.

Seasoning - there are several things you can do to accelerate the process but I don't know what people think of them as far as "legal".

Chris, could you post a high-res photo of the edge of your disc? That might give the best guidance on what the rounded edge should look like.

• 2 weeks later...

I am updating the informational page this evening, I will include hotel information is anyone is planning on coming to the Twin Cities for the contest.

http://www.bestwesternplymouth.com/

this is a link to the Kelly in Best Western located 1/2 mile from the contest location. It is at the exit of I-494 and HW 55. The location is about 15 minutes west of Minneapolis and 20 minutes from the MSP Airport. If anyone needs additional travel information please email me at Adamtglass@yahoo.com

http://www.bestwesternplymouth.com/

this is a link to the Kelly in Best Western located 1/2 mile from the contest location. It is at the exit of I-494 and HW 55. The location is about 15 minutes west of Minneapolis and 20 minutes from the MSP Airport. If anyone needs additional travel information please email me at Adamtglass@yahoo.com

additional contest information is posted here http://www.adamtglass.com/2010/08/02/world-of-grip-presents-worlds-strongest-hands-series-2010/

• 1 month later...

Looking forward to tomorrows events- good luck to all comers!