Worlds Strongest Hands - 2010 Tucson Az

acorn

World of Grip – World’s Strongest Hands 2010

It will be a distributed competition with multiple promoters throughout the world running the same events on the same day. Scores will be compared against all other competitors for the various venues for the Overall Leg Placing. Points will be awarded for each leg with a cumulative tally at the end of the series for the series win. Contact me if you have interest in competing. This will be the only west coast venue so come on out and compete if you can make it.

Leg 1 - Saturday 14 August, 2010

Leg 2 - Saturday 11 September, 2010

Leg 3 - Saturday 16 October, 2010

Leg 4 - Saturday 13 November, 2010

Events:

1. Two Hands Pinch Lift

2. Wrist Developer

3. One Hand Vulcan Gripper - 20mm block close

Additional events possible TBD for local Tucson Venue

Local Venue:

CrossfitWorks

204 S. Tucson Blvd

Tucson, AZ

http://www.crossfitworks.com

Time: TBD

Overall promoter:

David Horne and World of Grip

Contest promoters:

David Horne – Stafford, England

Steve Gardener – Gloucester, England

Juha Harju – Helsinki, Finland

Chris Rice – Crooksville, Ohio, USA

Dave Thornton – Three Rivers, Michigan, USA

Eric Milfeld – Fort Worth, Texas, USA

Jedd Johnson – Wyalusing, Pennsylvania, USA

Adam T. Glass – Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA

Aaron Concorran + Tim Struse - Tucson, Arizona, USA

Competitors:

You can compete at any venue. The same events and apparatus will be used at all venues.

Trophies:

There will be ‘World of Grip handshake logo’ trophies for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of the overall placings. For the individual 4 legs there will be medals for 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Entrance fees:

$15 per leg, or $37 for more than 1 leg, ie. All 4 legs.

All payments are made to the individual promoters by cash (on the day) or paypal.

Results:

All the results will be sent to me on the day of the contest and then I can type up the overall results as soon as possible.

At the end of the 4 legs, the overall scores will be compiled to find the overall rankings and winner. The trophies and medals will then be sent out to the winners.

Updated info will be posted at http://www.az-grip.com

Contact me for entry

I'm sorry that I still don't understand how this works.

Does each promoter just pick one of the dates for their local contest?

If you attend multiple legs or multiple contests, are your best numbers used for each event or just your best showing at a single contest?

I'm particularly interested in Adam's Minneapolis leg, but he still needs to announce a date, right?

Thanks for holding my hand through this :blush

I'm sorry that I still don't understand how this works.

Does each promoter just pick one of the dates for their local contest?

If you attend multiple legs or multiple contests, are your best numbers used for each event or just your best showing at a single contest?

I'm particularly interested in Adam's Minneapolis leg, but he still needs to announce a date, right?

Thanks for holding my hand through this :blush

No worries,

Each promoter puts on a contest on all of the dates. Essentially all venues are competing directly against not only local venue participants but all other venue participants per date.

If you attend multiple contests regardless of location you best showing would be used for the overall placing.

By agreeing to do the comps Adam agreed to do all 4 legs like the rest of us. So you could do any or all of the dates at that location.

- Aaron

Thanks Aaron, that is clear.

I am really excited about this. Until now I had not noticed that Adam was hosting in Minneapolis! No doubt I'll be able to make some or all of those dates. :yikes

• 3 weeks later...

It seems there's a ton of interest from here about the Tucson venue. :whistel :whistel

Regardless, if anyone is interested in coming to this I am putting on a group training session as a last tuneup for interested parties Saturday Aug. 7th at crossfitworks gym. Starting at 9:30am.

Let me know if your interested or need directions.

- Aaron

It seems there's a ton of interest from here about the Tucson venue. :whistel :whistel

Regardless, if anyone is interested in coming to this I am putting on a group training session as a last tuneup for interested parties Saturday Aug. 7th at crossfitworks gym. Starting at 9:30am.

- Aaron

I just got home from this. Thanks to Aaron and Tim for all your advise. It was a good time and I'm looking forward to the contest next weekend :mosher

- Aaron

I just got home from this. Thanks to Aaron and Tim for all your advise. It was a good time and I'm looking forward to the contest next weekend :mosher

:yikesCome on Russ! Don't leave us hanging, you sly dog. Fill us in on the details buddy!

Russ did great. Me on the other hand, I was weak as a 10yr old girl.

- Aaron

Russ did great. Me on the other hand, I was weak as a 10yr old girl.

- Aaron

If you were weak as a 10 yr old girl then I was weak as a 2 day old chicken :flame

- Aaron

:yikesCome on Russ! Don't leave us hanging, you sly dog. Fill us in on the details buddy!

Here's what I noticed/remember. I'm getting old so my memory sucks and had my 3 yr old daughter with me so I spent more time helping her do pullups on the rings and bars than I did actually training so I missed a lot of what the other guys were doing.

For myself, I closed a 144 lb. BBGM but missed a 148lb. RB 240, got level 12 on the VHG but still can't get the set right on level 13 even with Aaron's and Tim's coaching (I'm not used to setting a gripper so deep), got 130 or 140 on 2hp first time trying it, got around level 7 or 8 on wrist developer (orange spring) but couldn't get anything with the gold spring. I did 265lbs. DO on the axle a couple times pretty easily but didn't want to kill my hands for the events we were actually working on so I didn't load up more. I need to get an axle for home cuz that's way nicer than using the Fat Gripz.

Aaron pretty much just picked up and threw around everything in the gym. I think he got level 18 or something on the vulcan :yikes Both Aaron and Tim had 200+ loaded on 2hp but I didn't count exactly how much it was. I didn't notice what level Tim got on the vulcan but got a couple notches on the wrist developer with the gold spring even though he'd never done it before :mosher

One of Aaron's buddies was there too who doesn't train grip who has STRONG thumbs. He hubbed a 45 with both hands first time trying it. I hope he starts training grip cuz he can be a monster.

It was a great experience and huge thanks go out to Tim and Aaron and I look forward to getting together with them more in the future.

• 1 month later...

Ok a big thanks to the 20 competitors that made it out for leg 1 in Tucson. Leg 2 is T - minus 2 days now. I hope everyone is ready! If anyone who is coming out for this could let me know that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aaron