Magnificent Bastard

Martin Gaisser

:rock:rock:rock Just wanted to let you guys know I just took down the Magnificent Bastard tonight at 11:30 I went over the FBBC time limit and I knew I would so no video yet but I'm still really pumped about this. Total time was about 12 minutes but I got it to the 2" mark. Thanks guys for all the encouraging posts its helping feed the fire to bend more and bigger!!!!! Yea Baby!!!!! :mosher
  • Like 2

Damn brotha, you are on a bending roll!

Hell yeah Martin! You're already one of the fastest from Bastard to Magnificent now. Maybe THE fastest. When was your first Bastard?

Hell yeah Martin! You're already one of the fastest from Bastard to Magnificent now. Maybe THE fastest. When was your first Bastard?

Had to go back and look it up. 1/4" x 5" Grade 8 to the Magnificent has been 9 weeks. And I never have bent just the plain 7" Bastard. The first Bastard stock I bent was the Huge Bastard and from then to the Magnificent was 10 days.

Had to go back and look it up. 1/4" x 5" Grade 8 to the Magnificent has been 9 weeks. And I never have bent just the plain 7" Bastard. The first Bastard stock I bent was the Huge Bastard and from then to the Magnificent was 10 days.

Excellent Martin!! You are now part of the rare mutant breed of grip athletes, including other noteable characters such as Paul Knight, Rex Hubbard, etc who make all the rest of us look bad. I told you two weeks ago, just go for the KOAB, I seriously think you would put a good hurtin' on it.

-Carl

It took me about 6-8 months to go from a bastard to a mag, and I was told that it was fast. Your progress is jut nuts in comparison

:rock

Sick bend!

It took me about 6-8 months to go from a bastard to a mag, and I was told that it was fast. Your progress is jut nuts in comparison

Yeah, and I bent my first Bastard in mid-August and then my first Mag in late October at the BBB.

• 7 years later...

Was looking through my old posts and realized I never posted my video on here of getting this bend in the 5 minute limit.  I was still progressing pretty fast and was waiting to get the fantastic under 5 and post it instead the best I can remember.  So here's my vid with all 1 youtube likes.  LOL  Must have been David or Mike.  :laugh

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Martin Gaisser said:

Was looking through my old posts and realized I never posted my video on here of getting this bend in the 5 minute limit.  I was still progressing pretty fast and was waiting to get the fantastic under 5 and post it instead the best I can remember.  So here's my vid with all 1 youtube likes.  LOL  Must have been David or Mike.  :laugh

Thats sick! Great job dude!

On smaller stock is it better to double wrap? 

I would say it's just easier to get the initial kink and that's about it.  I used  doubles as a method of progression.  Get it in doubles first then move to singles and that day I needed doubles to get the job done.  Lol

• Thanks 1

Good to see you're back at it, Martin!  You mentioned the Fantastic...did you bend one?  Or the Insane?  If not, or even if you did, time to smash those goals again!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, bencrush said:

Good to see you're back at it, Martin!  You mentioned the Fantastic...did you bend one?  Or the Insane?  If not, or even if you did, time to smash those goals again!

Thanks man.  I’m going pretty slow at it but I’m giving it a shot. Lol.  My best on the old “Ben”tastic as I liked to call it was to 60 degrees the best I can remember.  I only tried it once before I got sick then injured several years ago.  I had planned to cert on that one when I got it cause your name was sure lonely on that list for far too long and still is. Lol.  I did get the insane in the 5 min limit.  I think I did 2 or 3 of those.  I think it is still possible but these last 8 years have wore on me pretty bad. Lol.  Great to hear from you Ben. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Martin Gaisser said:

Thanks man.  I’m going pretty slow at it but I’m giving it a shot. Lol.  My best on the old “Ben”tastic as I liked to call it was to 60 degrees the best I can remember.  I only tried it once before I got sick then injured several years ago.  I had planned to cert on that one when I got it cause your name was sure lonely on that list for far too long and still is. Lol.  I did get the insane in the 5 min limit.  I think I did 2 or 3 of those.  I think it is still possible but these last 8 years have wore on me pretty bad. Lol.  Great to hear from you Ben. 

Haha!  "Ben"tastic is hilarious!:D  I hear you about the last 8 years wearing on you.<< 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jlark27 said:

I know the feeling of being away from bending and the longing to bend again. Even at my young age. It always somehow tends to draw you back in. 

Well I wish you the best of luck in whatever bend you hope to achive. 

I look forward to seeing your come back and the destroying of the Magnificent bastard!  

Thank you.  I’m gonna give it my best.