Ottoemezzo Training Log

OTTOEMEZZO

Squats: 235 x 5 x 5 sets. 160 x 20. Below parallel on all reps.

Chin Ups: 40 x 5 x 3 sets.

Pull Ups (bodyweight): 8 x 3 sets.

Also did curls and standing calf raises.

Bench Press: was going for 230 x 2 x 5 sets. Did 4 sets of 2 reps and got 1 rep on the last set.

Power Clean and Press: 2nd time doing this. Need to work on getting the finger grip in the top position. Doing alot of research.

Wrist curls: 120 x 5 x 3 sets. Rather easy.

Front lever: did some basic tuck, which was easy. Advanced tuck is hard for me. Never really worked hard on these. Finally want to conquer this skill.

Grippers (only left, right is feeling a little tweaky - doing active recovery for it): 4 attempts at #3 - about .75" away --- improving. Also did 2 negatives with #3.5. I have not worked #3 from a full range for a long time with left hand, so, I expect to improve very quickly.

-------

My weight is up to 214.8. Waist is just over 35. Need to increase the cardio to 2 times a week. Going for a run outside tomorrow.

Great to hear your improving on the #3 n good squat and bench work :)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• OTTOEMEZZO

• Malice

• Forever

• Terrygrip

Deadlifts: 345 x 2 x 5 sets, Double Overhand. I expect to get to 405 for at least a single by the end of the year, which I might be able to do now, but want to really work on my technique. Finished off with 245 x 10.

Military Press: Was going for 135 x 3 x 5 sets. Only got 3 reps on the 1st set. The other 4 sets, I did 2 reps. Next week, the goal is 140 x 2 x 5 sets.

Also did some tricep work. After the workout, did some RT.

Rolling Thunder: 117.5 x 5 x 3 sets. 102.5 x 20. Easy!

Squats: 240 x 5 x 5 sets. 165 x 20.

Chin Ups: 45 x 5 x 3 sets.

Pull Ups: 9, 9, 8. My max on pull ups is 29. However, I weighed about 35 pounds less and did them fresh. Today, I am sure I can do between 20 and 25, but after those 20 rep squats, and weighted chin ups, I felt very tired. I think I will put my chin-up/pull-up routine with the bench press day, instead of Squats.

Grippers (only with left): 3 attempts at #3 - feeling more solid and I belive soem attempts were closer than parallel. Then, did 2 forced negatives with #3.5 - concentrated on closing it until it reached parallel. I believe these heavy gripper workouts will make #2.5 seem like a toy for my left hand in no time.

Tomorrow is Rolling Thunder day - still taking it slow and easy, trying to get the feel for it.

Grippers (only with left): 3 attempts at #3 - feeling more solid and I belive soem attempts were closer than parallel. Then, did 2 forced negatives with #3.5 - concentrated on closing it until it reached parallel. I believe these heavy gripper workouts will make #2.5 seem like a toy for my left hand in no time.

I've found this to be true myself. Working with the harder grippers have made the sweep feel almost sponge like on my goal gripper. Keep up the hard work brother! Getting some serious work done in here.

Thanks man. I'm trying... and you're right about the feel - weaker grippers feel very spongy after using stronger grippers.

Tomorrow is deadlift day. Going for 350 x 2 x 5 sets. Can't wait to hit 405 by the end of the year. Eventually, I would like to get 600, which to me is probably the ultimate total body strengh goal (#4 gripper is more important to me, but it does not test the whole body).

Bench Press: 235 x 2 x 2 sets. 235 x 3 singles. Next week, I will only do singles with 240.

DB Incline Press: moved up to 85 lbs. Only got 5 reps on 1st set and 3 reps on 2nd set.

Chin Ups: 50 x 5 x 3 sets.

Pull Ups: 10, 8, 5 - terrible!

Wrist Curls: 125 x 3. 125 x 1. - Again, terrible!

Grippers: 4 attempts at #3 with both left and right. All right hand attempts were between 1/4" and 1/2" - closer to 1/2". All left hand attempts between 1/2" and 3/4" - nic improvement. No bad work on left, and right was not hurting, so that's good. I'm a little disappointed with right - lost some strength, but should get it back rather quickly.

In general, I felt weak today. In part because of not enough sleep and also because of the small breakfast this morning. Still, not too bad on bench press and grippers.

Deadlifts: 350 x 2 x 5 sets. Double Overhand. The bar slipped on the 3rd set when I was lowering it. Came as a surprise. I think I did not use enough chalk, becaue on the next 2 sets, there was no problem. Also, had a personal trainer friend (who is one of the strongest guys in the gym and knows what he's talking about) check and approve my form. These days, I am scraping my legs with the bar - holding it very close to my body. Finished off with 250 x 10.

Barbell Curls: 100 x 3 x 3 sets. Surprisingly very easy. Next week, I'll do 110.

Dips: Tried to do some, but elbow tendonitis was acting up, so did not bother.

Practiced technique on cleans.

Rolling Thunder: 120 x 5, 4, 4. 110 x 15. Could not do 3 sets of 5. Next week will increase to 122.5 and do 3 sets of 4.

Overall, good workout.

Squats: 245 x 5 x 5. 170 x 20.

Bench Press: 240 x 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1. The technique on the 3rd rep was not great, so a friend recommended to lower the weight slower and after that fix, I got the rest of the singles. Next week, I will move to 245 - never been that high.

Chin Ups: 55 x 3 x 3.

Curls: 110 x 1 x 6 sets. These are pretty strict. Will move to 115 next week.

Grippers: Attempts at #3 with both hands. Right - between 1/4" and 1/2". Left - between 1/2" and 3/4". Also closed #2.5 again during warm up.

Grippers: Choked #3 to .9". Closed 3 out of 4 with right and none with left. Also did 2 negatives with #3.5. The idea here is to get used to the feel of #3.5 so that #3 spread seems easy.

Great workout!

Squats: 245 x 5 x 5. 170 x 20.

Bench Press: 240 x 1, 1, 0, 1, 1, 1. The technique on the 3rd rep was not great, so a friend recommended to lower the weight slower and after that fix, I got the rest of the singles. Next week, I will move to 245 - never been that high.

Chin Ups: 55 x 3 x 3.

Curls: 110 x 1 x 6 sets. These are pretty strict. Will move to 115 next week.

Grippers: Attempts at #3 with both hands. Right - between 1/4" and 1/2". Left - between 1/2" and 3/4". Also closed #2.5 again during warm up.

Grippers: Choked #3 to .9". Closed 3 out of 4 with right and none with left. Also did 2 negatives with #3.5. The idea here is to get used to the feel of #3.5 so that #3 spread seems easy.

Great workout!

Nice to see some pr's here..#3 attempts at 1/4 n 1/2 and choker #3 closes ;)

Thanks. Right hand is progressing rather well after taking a break. Will get that #3 very soon, I'm sure.

Deadlifts: didn't feel it. Was out of breath on even the warm ups. Just not feeling it, at all. 355 x 2, 1, 1, 1, 1 Double Overhand. Felt difficult and grip was not at its best. Failed on the second set to get 2 reps and decided to do singles. However, grip felt rock solid on singles, but they still didn't come up quickly. Just a terrible deadlift day. Next week, I will still do 360 x 2 x 5 sets and I will succeed in getting all the sets done.

Dips: 70 x 3 x 3 sets. Weighted dips felt heavy, since I haven't done them in a while. Finished off with 2 easy sets of 15 with no extra weight.

Also did some practices for cleans, clean and jerks, and clean and presses. I'm working on shruging the bar better and getting my finger tips on the bar at the top. Progressing pretty well here.

Also got the 2.5" crusher from John. Unbelievably hard compared to RT. I was amazed at the difficulty. Definitely a solid piece of equipment though and will last a lifetime.

Back from de-load week.

Bench Press: 245 x 4 singles! PR!

Weighted Chin Ups: 60 x 3 x 4 sets. Going good.

Did some basic tucks for front lever and weighted sit ups with 2 45 lb plates.

Rolling Thunder: 125 x 4 x 3 sets. 115 x 5. Hands were fried after the main sets. Felt easy at 125 though. Next week, it's time for 127.5.

Great day, and felt strong.

Deadlifts: 365 x 2. After this, could not get a single rep. Then did, 295 x 6, 5. I feel I hit a small plateau and need to change things up. Going to drop the weight and do more reps, while increasing the weight and decreasing reps each week. I believe my 1RM is around 375-380 right now. Got in 6-7 weeks is to hit 390 for a single. All of this is with Double Overhand grip.

Barbell Curls: 110 x 3 x 3 sets. Relatively easy. Will do 115 next week. These are pretty strict.

Also some practice cleans.

Grippers later on today.

Squats: 225 x 5 x 5 sets. Nothing special here, very easy.

Military Press: 115 x 5 x 5 sets. Again, very easy.

Wrist Curls: 130 x 2 x 3 sets. 90 x 14.

Dips: 80 lbs extra weight x 3 x 3 sets. After this, did un-weighted 25 reps.

Some seating calf raises.

Grippers in the afternoon: #3 choked at 1", 4 attempts. Right hand - either almost or closed. Was very hard to tell. Not loud clicks, but I think I closed some of them. Left hand - getting better. Also did some overcrushes with #2.5 for right and #2 with left.

Bench Press: 250, 3 failed attempts.

DB Incline Press: 80s x 10

Chin Ups: 65 x 3 x 3 sets. Getting heavy. Next week, I will do 5 sets of 2 reps at 70 lbs.

Dips: 85 x 3 x 3 sets.

Curls: 115 x 3, 4, 3, 2.

Grip: #3 choked at 1" - 1 solid close on right. All other attempts were very close for right. Left hand is improving. Also did a negative with #3.5 and did some easy closes with #2 for right and #1.5 for left.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't updated this in a while. The reason for this is because I'm doing lower weights on many exercises, to get through some plateaus. Here are some things I've done lately:

Chin Ups: 70 lbs x 2 x 3 sets.

Bench Press: 195 x 6 x 6. Relatively easy.

Deadlifts: 300 x 5 x 5. Very easy.

Squats: 245 x 5 x 5. Feeling my form is improving. These are past parallel.

Curls: got 120 x 2. Pretty strict.

Wrist curls: maxed out at 135. Changing it up to reverse curls - doing 80 x 5 x 5.

Rolling Thunder: got 130 x 3, 2, 2. And got 110 for 20 reps.

Grippers have been stagnant. So, I'm changing to a more high volume training. I will do #2 for around 5-10 reps with right and #1.5 for 10-20 reps with left to start. Then, will increase reps each week and move on to #2.5, and then try #3 again. Slow progression is my priority.

Closed #2 TNS with both hands today pretty eastily. I never really practice TNS, but I've been looking to change up my workouts. Will do them more often.

Bench Press: 215 x 4, 4, 3, 3. Was going for 4x4, but was too much.

Weighted Chin Ups: 80 lbs x 2 x 3 sets.

Some sets of dips.

Barbell Curls (pretty strict form): 95 x 5 x 5

Rolling Thunder: got 140 lbs for a left hand PR. Almost got it with right. 145 got some air. This was a relief to me. I thought that I was not improving on RT, but guess not. Goal is to get 150 by the end of the year. I think that's realistic.

Nothing special. Deadlifts with 345 DO grip x 3 x 3 sets.

Worked on clean technique.

Squats: 260 x 4 x 4

Fat Grips DO grip: worked up to 215. First time using this. I'm interested to see my progress over the next few weeks/months.

Military Press: 145 x 2, 2, 2, 1. Improving nicely.

Reverse Curls: 95 x 5, 3, 3.

Bench Press: 230 x 2, 2, 1. Weak. Will attempt 250 next week and then change the routine.

Weighted Chin Ups: 85 lbs x 2 x 3 sets. On the 2nd reps, my chin was either barely over the bar, or slightly below. Hard to tell.

Some tricept pushdowns.

Curls: 100 x 5 x 4 sets. 100 x 4.

Did 2.5" Crusher with 95 lbs (feels slick). Got 135 lbs easily on RT with both hands and caught air on 145 with both. Finished off with 125 x 7.

Tried some pinch on the FBBC pinch tool (which felt very slick too). Managed to get 100 lbs. Failed at 110 due to slickness. First time doing these seriously.

Grippers: For right hand, overcrushes with #2.5 and #3 attempts. For left hand, overcrushes with #2 and #2.5 attempts. The #3 attempts for right hand were about 1/4". The #2.5 attempts with left were very, very close. At one point I thought I closed it, but there were a few mm of space. I think I will close it by the end of the year.

Squats: 265 x 4 x 4 sets. Hard!

Hammer Curls: 50s x 10, 8, 6.

I was going to do military presses and forearm work, but I tweaked my left wrist doing cleans on Thursday and decided against it.

Grippers: I am trying higher volume workouts, because when I did higher volume about alittle over a week ago, my gains impoved. I only did right hand today, because of left wrist problems.

#2.5 x 5 overcrushes supersetted with #3 x 4 attempts. 4 minutes between attempts. I got closer than ever on #3 - about 3/16" away with about 1 3/4" set!!!

#2 x 9 overcrushes lasting 3 seconds each. On the final overcrush, I went all out and overcrushed #2 for 18 seconds. Not bad for the end of a long workout, I think.

So, a great gripper day for my right hand. Satisfied with everything, especially the #3 attempts.

Squats: 265 x 4 x 4 sets. Hard!

Hammer Curls: 50s x 10, 8, 6.

I was going to do military presses and forearm work, but I tweaked my left wrist doing cleans on Thursday and decided against it.

Grippers: I am trying higher volume workouts, because when I did higher volume about alittle over a week ago, my gains impoved. I only did right hand today, because of left wrist problems.

#2.5 x 5 overcrushes supersetted with #3 x 4 attempts. 4 minutes between attempts. I got closer than ever on #3 - about 3/16" away with about 1 3/4" set!!!

#2 x 9 overcrushes lasting 3 seconds each. On the final overcrush, I went all out and overcrushed #2 for 18 seconds. Not bad for the end of a long workout, I think.

So, a great gripper day for my right hand. Satisfied with everything, especially the #3 attempts.

It's good to mix up the strategy IMO. I think a gripper routine can get stale. Looks like you found a way to keep the gains coming. Great work!

Thanks Daniel.

This week I will be doing a de-load week / off week. I was planning on doing it next week, but my left wrist is still tweeked, so I figured this would be a good time. Once I get back, I will attempt 250 bench press, and 385 DO grip Deadlift. I will do some easy squats and grip work during whenever I feel like it this week.