Coc#3 Cert In 2010

Malice

Thanks Ben! I was surprised I made so much progress since I haven't used the SW in a few weeks. I've just been hitting it hard with the Vulcan and lately the extended handle BBE so the sweep felt "almost" easy compared to how it felt when I sent it to Cannon. By easy I mean like a brick instead of a block of titanium :)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malice

• Jörmungandr

• daniel reinard

• Cannon

I just got home from Aaron's in Tuscon training for WSH next weekend. I learned some stuff from him and Tim Struse, set a PR by closing a 144lb. BBGM fairly easily and finally closed a #3...although it was Aaron's 138 lb'er :whistel I tried Tim's 148lb. RB240 a few times but couldn't get it so I know I'm somewhere between 144 and 148.

I was pretty happy with the BBGM close cuz I wasn't sure exactly where I was with grippers cuz mine range from 132 to 153 being the next one.

I just got home from Aaron's in Tuscon training for WSH next weekend. I learned some stuff from him and Tim Struse, set a PR by closing a 144lb. BBGM fairly easily and finally closed a #3...although it was Aaron's 138 lb'er :whistel I tried Tim's 148lb. RB240 a few times but couldn't get it so I know I'm somewhere between 144 and 148.

I was pretty happy with the BBGM close cuz I wasn't sure exactly where I was with grippers cuz mine range from 132 to 153 being the next one.

Congrats bro! I wish I could train with the elite. It's a gift!

It's amazing the difference the little tweaks they can make to your form and the results than ensue from it. On 2hp, which I'd never done before, Tim said twist here and tilt there and a weight I couldn't budge from the ground almost made me fall over backward it went up so easy. That's one event I really like and want to start training cuz I suck at it and that makes me wantt to train it all the more.

Well done Malice!

Yesterday was the last day of my vacation. Haven't worked out much during my vacation, just the odd gripper or sledge workout. Going to feel great getting back into a normal routine again!

A girlfriend of mine dragged me to a gym two days ago, I don't like gyms and haven't been in one for two-three years... But damn, it was kinda fun when you got someone who knows all the drills helping you out and showing you stuff. And I haven't had muscle ache like this since the first time I took a run in my vibrams :-p

• 2 weeks later...

I finally closed my #3 MMS tonight!!! So far I've managed 3 closes in 4 attempts with another 6 attempts left in the workout. 5 months of busting my a$$ have finally paid off. I'm still between 3/16"-1/4" CCS but with all the work I've been doing CCS with my BBE that's improving fast.

Update: gripper workout finished for tonight and I ended up with 7 closes in 10 attempts with the #3. I'm very excited about this workout!!! I would've been happy with just the one close but 7 blows me away. Time to concentrate on knocking down the CCS now.

Starting to get stronger again after my downtime during the vacation. I'm shutting the 16mm BBM at will now.. But the #2,5 is giving me some serious grief. Choked it now again tho so that'll maybe help me get it down.

Starting to get stronger again after my downtime during the vacation. I'm shutting the 16mm BBM at will now.. But the #2,5 is giving me some serious grief. Choked it now again tho so that'll maybe help me get it down.

The 2.5 gave me a lot of grief at first too. Much more than even the 3 did when I started training with that. I think using the choke will benefit you a lot. When I finally choked my 2.5 it seemed like it went much faster. Once I closed it choked I went MMS then CCS came pretty quickly after that. It seems that I spend the majority of the time working choked then everything else comes much quicker for me once I've developed the closing strength.

Keep up the hard work and that thing will go down brother!!

Right now I can close my CoC2 about 3 out of every 5 attemts. My goal for this year is to get certified on the CoC#3. It's a lofty goal but I WILL accomplish it...cuz that's what I do. If anyone else wants to join me in the quest post up here. We can use this thread as our motivation and to cheer each other on.

Great work! Your progress is inspirational.

Right now I can close my CoC2 about 3 out of every 5 attemts. My goal for this year is to get certified on the CoC#3. It's a lofty goal but I WILL accomplish it...cuz that's what I do. If anyone else wants to join me in the quest post up here. We can use this thread as our motivation and to cheer each other on.

Great work! Your progress is inspirational.

Thanks Bob!

Well tonight was supposed to be a CCS workout with the #3 but I decided to take the 3.5 to work as well to get the choker set up for 1" spread. Of course I had to give it a squeeze just to see if I could move it off the choker, which I didn't expect to. To my surprise it went to less than 1/2" from closed :yikes This in turn became a whole workout and of the 10 attempts all were between 1/4"-5/16" (excluding the first squeeze since I didn't have any stock to measure that one). I'm still ecstatic about this workout since when I started choking my #3 I was only squeezing to about 1/2". Gotta love these nice little surprise workouts that you don't expect from time to time :mosher

Friggin' americans, monsters the lot of ye!

You're a source of inspiration Malice.

Shutting my #2,5, choked to 1,25 cms.

Will open it up to parallel for the next workout! :D

Friggin' americans, monsters the lot of ye!

You're a source of inspiration Malice.

Thanks, I really appreciate it!

Shutting my #2,5, choked to 1,25 cms.

Will open it up to parallel for the next workout! :D

Awesome job brother! Touching the handles on a 2.5 is BIG

Had a decent workout yesterday. Got a few right handed closes on the choked #2,5. Still having a bit of a struggle on setting the grippers in my left due to some cuts on my fingers, thankfully I got real good healing flesh tho.

And surprisingly enough.. Having strong fingers came really handy when making a roundpole fence! :)

Alright, finally I have the time to write a more serious post.

Where I am at: I can close the #2 if my hand is fresh, using mash monster set. Tried doing a CCS but that kicked my ass. Left hand, closing the #1,5 with a MMS.

Had a decent workout yesterday. Got a few right handed closes on the choked #2,5. Still having a bit of a struggle on setting the grippers in my left due to some cuts on my fingers, thankfully I got real good healing flesh tho.

And surprisingly enough.. Having strong fingers came really handy when making a roundpole fence! :)

That's some serious progress brother! Keep up the hard work :mosher

Final hands workout (hopefully I'll have time to do my wrists) before I leave for the wilderness for some days. Felt good. But I seriously need to consider to start using chalk..

It's a bit late for me to join the race but I still hope to run the race with you all. I bought the T, 1, and 1.5 two weeks ago and today I received my 2, 2.5 and 3. I gauged myself up today and was surprised. I closed the #2 both hands and got down to 3/8th on the 2.5. I've set a 6 month time frame to close the #3. Probably too ambitious but I like that in a goal.

I've also found out today that I should start using chalk on the bigger grippers. Especially my #3 because it has a .25" larger handle spread than the CoC grippers below it, which makes it a bit harder to set. I can no set close and rep the 1.5 but I don't think that will happen with the #3.