Coc#3 Cert In 2010

Malice

You don't seem to believe that you get stronger after resting lol. Anyways good luck. You have set incredibly high goals for yourself in such short periods of time.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malice

• Jörmungandr

• daniel reinard

• Cannon

You don't seem to believe that you get stronger after resting lol. Anyways good luck. You have set incredibly high goals for yourself in such short periods of time.

Of course I do but since I'll have a deload week in less than a month for WSH I decided to continue working the right hand since it's still feeling good and strong :) I'll give the left a break though...again.

As for goals...my motto is go big or go home. I've never been one to set easy goals or sure things.

Used chalk for the first time this gripper workout.. I know I should've rested one more day but I couldn't help myself.

The result? I missed a MMS close on my 2,5# with the skin of an eye.... Damn... :)

Used chalk for the first time this gripper workout.. I know I should've rested one more day but I couldn't help myself.

The result? I missed a MMS close on my 2,5# with the skin of an eye.... Damn... :)

It will close next time

I never seem to have a rest day,always playing with my grippers.

I know what you mean. I should leave them at home but I love to take them to work and see what others can do. That and I love to squeeze one from time to time. It's also fun to see guys try a #1 because they own a plastic gripper. When they can't close it I close it with two fingers. Still haven't found anyone to close the #1.5 or #2. Tried welders, pipefitters, plant operators.

I was going to rest one more day but now I am going backpacking Fri-Sun. I gave it a go and really pushed myself to close the #2.5. I got down to .1", so I'm having slow progress. It's so close I had to try several times, then it was time to give up and do some heavy negatives then a long wind down through #3-T. I figured I could punish myself for not closing the #2.5 and I'll get the weekend to rest and try again Monday. Got the #3 down to .7". I think that equals a kilometer.

I got the 3.5 down to 1/4" or less on 10 of 15 attempts tonight! The first 5 almost don't count since I couldn't keep my hands warmed up but the last 10 I was able to keep them warm and limber and it made a big difference. Next gripper workout is Monday and it's CCS so I'm looking forward to seeing where it's at again. My 3.5 rgc'd at 174 lbs and the sweep is harder than my 178 lb BBE so when I can close this thing CCS I think I'll be able to close the BBE too. At that point I don't think I'll have to worry about any #3 that comes out of the package on cert day :)

Oh and those attempts were MMS not CCS.

Oh and tonights workout was MMS...not CCS.

Still showing great progress! If you can CCS a #3.5 you'll walk through the #3 cert. Might as well go for the #3.5 cert at the same time. If I can click the #2.5 then that leaves me with 5 months to cert on the #3, which is plenty of time to meet my goal. I won't even order the #3.5 yet, not until I get closer on the #3.

Still showing great progress! If you can CCS a #3.5 you'll walk through the #3 cert. Might as well go for the #3.5 cert at the same time. If I can click the #2.5 then that leaves me with 5 months to cert on the #3, which is plenty of time to meet my goal. I won't even order the #3.5 yet, not until I get closer on the #3.

Thanks Daniel but I won't be any where near ready for a 3.5 cert. My 3.5 is a on the lower side of the scale for a 3.5 but is definitely well above any 3. I probably won't attempt a 3.5 cert until I'm closing or at least very close to closing my #4 CCS.

Either way your goals are ambitious and impressive, and you have the progress and determination to back it up. In the mean time those #3.5 and #4 grippers still scare me. In time I hope to embrace them, for now I plan to report a #2.5 close on Monday.

I know curses and various "words of power" in about 5-6 different languages. It's still pretty much a haze but I think I used them all during tonights workout.

Failed closing the #2,5 with a MM-Set again tonight. Had less than a millimeter left, there was just about enough air between the handles so I could see the shade, no more.

I know curses and various "words of power" in about 5-6 different languages. It's still pretty much a haze but I think I used them all during tonights workout.

Failed closing the #2,5 with a MM-Set again tonight. Had less than a millimeter left, there was just about enough air between the handles so I could see the shade, no more.

Nice job brother! I think when I was there with my 2.5 it closed within the next workout or 2. You'll get it soon, you're almost there now and that's a long way from where you started.

Well done,I was so pleased when I closed the 2.5,and your near enough there,next workout or two,it will close ;)

As of today I can say you'll get that #2.5 in a workout or two too. I left Thursday with .1" on the #2.5, went backpacking for the weekend, and got back to grippers with a few closes on the #2.5 today. It felt awesome. That #3 seems more feasible now. I first picked up grippers one month ago, a T, 1 and 1.5. Now I'm ordering a 3.5.

Since I joined the race late I set my goal for a #3 close in 6 months, March 2011. The way #3 progress looks I may get it done in December. A race (to close it this year) it is!

Thanks all! When I first purchased grippers last month I was able to close the #2 both hands, so I had a good start. It's exciting to progress to the next gripper. I certainly don't want to plateau any time soon.

Awesome job Daniel !!

Back in 2007, it took me 3 months to close it.

Keep up the hard work ! I believe you'll be able to close a #3 in 2010 !!

After my 3.5 workout tonight (no closes) I decided to try a couple squeezes with the 162 lb. MM1 replica from MMS. I managed to close it once even though my hand was a little tired and having a callous on my pinkie hurting. I've cut the callous off so it'll be good to go for Thursday's workout :)

My BBSE showed up today so I oiled it up and worked it a bit and put it on the rgc. It measured 195 lbs. That's pretty close to what I was hoping for. It's about half way between my 3.5 and 4 so I'll take it into work tonight and put the choker on it.

I guess I'll be doing gripper work tonight after all :). After putting the choker on the BBSE of course I had to give it a test squeeze and managed to close it to almost 1/4" righty and almost 5/16" lefty. That's with the choker set at 3/4" so moving the handles almost 1/2" is way more than I was hoping for.

I guess I'll be doing gripper work tonight after all :). After putting the choker on the BBSE of course I had to give it a test squeeze and managed to close it to almost 1/4" righty and almost 5/16" lefty. That's with the choker set at 3/4" so moving the handles almost 1/2" is way more than I was hoping for.

Very impressive. I got my 3.5 yesterday and did my workout today. As you go up the ladder they sure do get harder. Got the #3 down to .6". I'm happy with that. Clicked the #2.5 just to make sure Monday wasn't a fluke. I climbed Tuesday so needed a few days rest.

I think grippers twice a week is working for me. I can hit it pretty hard each workout and it still allows for some climbing. Also found out today that electrical tape is good to cover finger wounds during gripper workouts. It allows that finger to roll over the handle without more wear on the wound. Athletic tape sticks to the handles and still tears at the wound. Still working up a tough left pinky, all the other fingers are tough enough for grippers.

Worked the 195 lb. BBSE choked to 3/4" again tonight. All attempts with both hands were at or below 1/4" and EVERY attempt righty was solidly below 1/4"! I guess I'm past that stupid plateau from last week :)

Worked the 195 lb. BBSE choked to 3/4" again tonight. All attempts with both hands were at or below 1/4" and EVERY attempt righty was solidly below 1/4"! I guess I'm past that stupid plateau from last week :)

Coming on fast bro :)

I'm still stuck at about 1/4" MMS and 1/2" CCS with the 3.5. I really hope my strength is down from the heavy choker work last night. Tomorrow is grip rest day so for Thurs, Friday I'll try switching it around and doing MMS on day one and choker on day two. The last 1/4" on the 3.5 seems to be my bane right now. I did manage another close on the MM1 replica though :)