Coc#3 Cert In 2010

Malice

Welcome to the club Daniel! You're a little further along than I was when I started this thread and it took me 5 months from then til I closed my #3 so your goal is absolutely realistic. I like to see other crazy bastards like me who aren't afraid to make lofty goals and declare war on them :)You definitely want to chalk up when using the heavier CoC's and not lightly either. Load up on the chalk, especially the last digit of the pinkie. I got that advise not too long ago and it made a HUGE difference for me.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Malice

• Jörmungandr

• daniel reinard

• Cannon

Thanks Russ. Your trip to close the #3 is very motivating.

Is it normal to for the #3 to have a larger handle spread then the ones below it?

Mine does. My 3 has the widest spread of all my CoC's, it's even wider than my 4. It measures right at 3".

Welcome Daniel!

First gripper workout after the trip to Kebnekaise and back. Feels good to get into the groove again.

Using three different Tettings and a choked #2,5 during my workouts.

Closes with BBSA (Quite easy with my left hand and real easy with my right hand)

Closes with BBM (Often miss with my left, rarely with my right)

Negatives with BBSM (Makes me scream)

Parallel choked #2,5 (Getting more and more closes on it right handed, ain't happening with my left=()

Oh I forgot.. Planning to try using my #3 on negatives next workout. Just to see if I've gotten anywhere :-)

To all in this race, good luck....that is truly something to see :rock

My goal gripper for the CoC 3 cert is my MM1 replica. Last night I was able to get it to within 3/16" a couple times MMS. I'm very happy with this. Of course before I can call for the cert I have to close it CCS which is a ways away but I'm a lot closer now than I was last week so that's great.

Here's my MMG0 cert video. That's one more goal down on my way to the #3 Cert :mosher

There's nothing more satisfying or motivating than breaking your big goals down into a bunch of small ones and knocking them down one by one. Now I can officially start thinking about the Mash Monster Elite certs for next year. I think I'll shoot high again and set MM4 as one of next years gripper goal. That'll ensure that at no time will I slack off on grippers in 2011 :rock

Here's my MMG0 cert video. That's one more goal down on my way to the #3 Cert :mosher

There's nothing more satisfying or motivating than breaking your big goals down into a bunch of small ones and knocking them down one by one. Now I can officially start thinking about the Mash Monster Elite certs for next year. I think I'll shoot high again and set MM4 as one of next years gripper goal. That'll ensure that at no time will I slack off on grippers in 2011 :rock

Congats on the cert and way to set goals man :mosher Your on fire :flame

Congrats, on the accomplishment I will be an MM0 like you one day. I usually don't reply to threads but I do read every new post everyday and am happy to see

The gripper is finally closed.

Nice crush and MM0 cert! I'm new to the gripper world and it's really motivating to see someone knocking out their goals. It reminds me to stay at it. How's the progress on the CoC CCS cert?

Thanks guys!!

Daniel it's coming along well. I've been working with the 3.5 and my MM1 replica which is about where the harder #3's rate and when I dominate that I'll be calling for the CoC cert. I came within 3/16" or less on every MMS attempt with the MM1 replica tonight so my strength is still coming along nicely. I'm hoping to be ready in late October or early November. One way or another it'll happen this year.

I managed a few closes righty with the #3.5 choked at 1". This is good so I'm thinking next week the choker will probably come off and I'll start using it MMS with the negative portion opening to almost CCS position.

After the workout I decided to give it a shot without the choker even though my hands were smoked and I got it MMS below parallel and CCS was around 1" or just over. I'm pretty excited with that cuz when I got it I wasn't strong enough to even set it to MMS and I probably only moved the handles maybe...MAYBE a half inch total CCS.

You're on a roll! Great progress.

I was so close (less that a .25")to closing the #2.5 when I first got it but last two weeks I feel weaker. I know I could be stronger but just tired. Probably over training. Between climbing and grippers my arms need several days rest. Still playing around with a schedule to incorperate twice a week climbing and crushing the #3 in the next 5.5 months.

Last night's gripper workout was a pleasant surprise. I decided since my goal is to close the #3 with each hand at my cert attempt I'm only going to use the #3 to test myself from time to time. I started using the MM1 replica with MMS lefty and the 3.5 with MMS righty last night and was surprised to get the MM1 to less than 5/16" every attempt and the 3.5 to less than 3/8" every attempt. I love these surprise workouts where I end up being way stronger than I expected :mosher

Last night's gripper workout was a pleasant surprise. I decided since my goal is to close the #3 with each hand at my cert attempt I'm only going to use the #3 to test myself from time to time. I started using the MM1 replica with MMS lefty and the 3.5 with MMS righty last night and was surprised to get the MM1 to less than 5/16" every attempt and the 3.5 to less than 3/8" every attempt. I love these surprise workouts where I end up being way stronger than I expected :mosher

From what I read bro,your grip strength is coming along very well,all I have to do is catch up ;)

Don't think about catching up Alex. Think about blowing past me like I'm standing still! That's my idea of positive goal setting ;)

Planned to have a wrist day today. But when I started doing some swings with my sledgeaxe I started feeling a pain in my right wrist.

So pretty much took it easy after that, did some easy exercises and spun the powerball for a while.. Think I stretched myself or something with the measuring cane at work... Oh well, hopefully the pain will be gone in a while.

Otherwise there hasn't been much progress. Or rather, there's been huge progress considering I'm the former fat kid with no base strength. Still haven't given up on the goal of touching the handles of my #3 yet :-)

I'm taking the week off. My left forearm is hurting again a bit and it's time for a rest week anyway so I'll give everything a break and come back next week and hopefully close the 3.5 MMS :unsure

I'm taking the week off. My left forearm is hurting again a bit and it's time for a rest week anyway so I'll give everything a break and come back next week and hopefully close the 3.5 MMS :unsure

Rest up man,it will do you the world of good,and you will come back stronger,even in a week :)

I heard back from Ironmind today about my cert attempt in November. They said to contact them again closer to the WSH in November and they'll contact a witness then.

Planned to have a wrist day today. But when I started doing some swings with my sledgeaxe I started feeling a pain in my right wrist.

So pretty much took it easy after that, did some easy exercises and spun the powerball for a while.. Think I stretched myself or something with the measuring cane at work... Oh well, hopefully the pain will be gone in a while.

Otherwise there hasn't been much progress. Or rather, there's been huge progress considering I'm the former fat kid with no base strength. Still haven't given up on the goal of touching the handles of my #3 yet :-)

Rest up a bit n don't up on that #3...just believe and make it happen :rock

Rest up a bit n don't up on that #3...just believe and make it happen :rock

^^^^ This

If you keep training and getting stronger those handles have no choice but to touch eventually. I know it seems like it's taking forever right now but once you close it and look back you'll probably realize it didn't take as long as you thought.

I know I said I was going to take the week off but I got to thinking and since WSH is in about 3 weeks and that'll be a deload week I decided to get a couple gripper workouts in this week. Righty only since the left forearm is still hurting pretty good. I also wanted to see where I'm at CCS with the 3.5. Well in 10 attempts all of them were about 1/2" from closed CCS! That's another of those good surprises since I was just hoping to be no more than 1". Now my goal is to close the 3.5 CCS by cert day in 7 weeks.