Heath Sexton

EricMilfeld

I guess you are just trying to cause trouble here? Eric sent the gripper early. Heath was NOT ready until the 11th. So, I can only assume it was sent by accident ahead of time.

No, just observing what looks a bit like a u-turn. I have no issue either way and wish Heath all the best. smile.gif

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bearcat 74

• Bill Piche

• Cannon

• Paul Knight

I guess you are just trying to cause trouble here? Eric sent the gripper early. Heath was NOT ready until the 11th. So, I can only assume it was sent by accident ahead of time.

No, just observing what looks a bit like a u-turn. I have no issue either way and wish Heath all the best. smile.gif

What exactly are you trying to say by the term u-turn? I am not familiar with what that means in terms of a cert attempt.

Before this turns downhill fast I will just attempt it tonight that way no one can say that any type of favoritism has been shown. I'll make a post after the attempts later this evening.

Thanks

Captain Badass rises to the occasion. Oneida Power!

Edited by Sean Dockery

Thanks Doc!

I think I went 2 for 2.

Trying to get the video to Wannagrip

Thanks

Truth be told...Heath used some negative comments on the board in his cert thread to fuel him to mash the thing. ;)

Thanks Doc!

I think I went 2 for 2.

Thanks

Sweet!

Congrats. :)

I will assume full responsibility for any rule violations. In fact, Heath PMed me a couple of times to remind me of the very rule in question. My thinking was that since Heath specified a date on which he would close the gripper, whether or not the gripper was sitting at my house or his was irrelevant. He was afforded no advantage. Now if he chose to cert early because he felt "on", then yes, he would be taking advantage. The same goes if he chose to cert a couple days after his specified date because he didn't feel "on" on that date. Now on the other hand, if he didn't specify a date and I sent it to him, then yes, I would have expected the gripper to be attempted within 48 hours of receiving it. I sent it early because (real shocker here) sometimes the postal service runs a little late. I didn't want the gripper to be late. I'm sure the other mods and I will revisit this rule (which is a good one) to see if any further clarification or amendments are required. As Matt said, the rule was added to prevent guys from sitting on a gripper waiting to feel just right with a line of other certees behind them. I would like to think I just practiced common sense under the circumstances.

Thanks for clarification Eric and I'd like to also take this opportunity to thank Eric for the great job he is doing with the certs. He's efficient like a well oiled machine!

Heath has to send the video via DVD so it will take travel time to get here and process from the DVD.

Thanks Doc!

I think I went 2 for 2.

Thanks

AMAZING!!!

You're the MAN Heath!

Heath is a class act all the way. He does not complain, he does not whine, he just goes out and gets the job done. He has earned his place in grip history.

Heath is a class act all the way. He does not complain, he does not whine, he just goes out and gets the job done. He has earned his place in grip history.

That's why Heath is the man Steve!!!! I had no doubt Heath Great work!!!

I'm just glad, after all the debate, Heath seems to not have had it affect his cert attempt. From what I've read, Heath and Eric were respectful of the intent of the cert process and each other. What more can you want than that? I'm just ready to get on with it and see a vid with the official thumbs up, myself... :)

Amazing effort (2 for 2??), Heath. MM6 will be an unbelievable achievement!!

Thanks guys. I am not going to lie, I did not pull a Paul Knight and hold the set for 3 minutes. :)

I know what Eric was doing sending it early as well. It's like I told him in a PM, I send a gripper to Washington once and it took 4 weeks to get there, with the USPS you just never know.

The vid looks good to me, hopefully the judges will agree. I wish I could get it to Bill through the good old WWW but I guess I am just not computer smart enough as it is a digital video.

awesome job Heath!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I quit doing is power cleans/olycleans/snatch/OHSQ. I really love to do those lifts but they just crush my wrists which in turn kills my grippers.

I had to quit them too for the same reason. Instead I do clean pulls with 1 or 2" bar. Good job with the gripper!

Edited by Wade Gillingham

Thanks guys

Gripper and video mailed back to Eric and Bill today.

Did you do anything different in your training this time around?

I think I was a lot smarter with my training and sticking with the plan I had started, I also trained a lot less.

I went back to my old routine when I was clicking along years back and whatta know, it worked!! :)

Heath,

I have been researching your history, and it seems you have quite an experience with top-end grippers. May I ask you, how does the MM6 rack up against other 4's you have felt?

The MM6 is on the lower end of the 4's I have fooled with. I have felt a couple that are under it and I have two Single Stamp 4's that are just above it. The knurling makes the biggest difference, there is no slipping or squirming with the new Tetting knurling, its like velcro.