• Cannon

• Paul Knight

smash it Heath!buttrock.gif

:mosher:mosher:mosher Looking forward to white lights

Kill it Heath!

Has the gripper already been sent?

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

Thanks for the well wishes guys.

Heath, have you been able to casually maintain this level of crush, or have you ramped up training for this?

I remember when you posted that picture about your Monster Gripper you mentioned that you closed your 3.5 just before, so I knew you were at least at that level.

Just curious. :D

Well, I was hoping to peak for a later attempt. :)

My strength always goes down during football season, I don't get to train from late July until December, but I can pretty much always close my weak elites, I don't know where they calibrate. My strong Elite is 172-175, Chris Rice cal'd it and I can usually close it with a set in season, if I miss it I am always close. I have had a hard time building much top end strength mainly due to over training and boredom with grip, so I went back to my old program and I have been clicking along pretty decent. I was hoping to be a little farther along for this cert, but I guess we will see. :D

One thing I quit doing is power cleans/olycleans/snatch/OHSQ. I really love to do those lifts but they just crush my wrists which in turn kills my grippers.

I have also been working hard and getting physically stronger and that will always make your grip strength go up.

Go Get It Heath! As if there was a chance you wouldn,t

Well, I was hoping to peak for a later attempt. smile.gif

My strength always goes down during football season, I don't get to train from late July until December, but I can pretty much always close my weak elites, I don't know where they calibrate. My strong Elite is 172-175, Chris Rice cal'd it and I can usually close it with a set in season, if I miss it I am always close. I have had a hard time building much top end strength mainly due to over training and boredom with grip, so I went back to my old program and I have been clicking along pretty decent. I was hoping to be a little farther along for this cert, but I guess we will see. biggrin.gif

One thing I quit doing is power cleans/olycleans/snatch/OHSQ. I really love to do those lifts but they just crush my wrists which in turn kills my grippers.

I have also been working hard and getting physically stronger and that will always make your grip strength go up.

Indeed, If I don't train other stuff in the gym my grip usually doesn't get any stronger ... especially bi's and tri's

hope you kill it Heath!

Do it for IM!

LOL, I'll get right on that. :) Hopefully this one will go better than my last IM attempt.

The eagle has landed, gripper arrived today.

Heath requested his cert attempt to be the date of April 11. However, Eric sent the gripper early.

"17. The athlete has 24 hours to make the certification attempt after the gripper arrives. Failure to do so forfeits the certification attempt. "

This rule goes into effect for those certs going forward that are not in process already.

Thanks everyone.

Fair enough comment. I've expanded it to 48 hrs.

Obviously, if there was a personal issue come up where someone just could not do it within this time period, we'd make an exception. However, this has not come up in over the 6 years we've had Mash Monster certs.

Shipping time isn't really the issue. The rule addition is for what happens after receipt of the gripper.

In waiting for their turn, many people have requested to be bumped because they are not ready. This is fine. The timing can be tough to be "on" for weeks while you wait.

But, when a member accepts receipt of the gripper for their turn, the assumption is that they are ready. Not that they need to see when the gripper arrives, then tailor a quick peaking phase, take a daily assessment of gripper strength, and then attempt the cert at the perfect time.

I realise there's not going to be too much of a hold up for people wanting to cert on this gripper but rules should be rules, for one and for all, otherwise what's the point in making them? rolleyes.gif

I guess you are just trying to cause trouble here? Eric sent the gripper early. Heath was NOT ready until the 11th. So, I can only assume it was sent by accident ahead of time.