Ok So I Competed In My First Aw Contest

hugh..mongus

I won the heavy weight right hand division and got 3rd in the leftys a week and a day ago.

that was all well and good, but ever since monday my elbows have had me eating pain killers like skittles, and i NEVER take pain killers! i would definately say its tendon/lig strain. even trying squats is murder on my elbows from trying to hold onto the wieght

what is my best bet to speed recovery. i took thios past week off training, but i did still have to work*im a roofer* and that played its toll on me as well. i managed to get threw some squats yesterday but paid the price after.

Congrats for winning your first comp.

Lots of fish oil, glucosomine/chronitin(sp), self massage on the inflamed areas, ice and anti-inflammatory.

Most of all rest , if u can't like me, keep elbows warm with elbow supports.

For me, ice and ibuprofen help but with or without the aforementioned it's two weeks off after a hard practice or tourny. It sucks but I've spun my wheels long enough to know what needs to be done. If I try any less than that I usually feel good for about 1 match/hard set of chins/whatever that uses those muscles and then I'm back to square one with the beloved knife-in-bones AW pain we all love so much.

well i plan to rest up this week as well, i figured it took about a week for my left to feel better and the right was worse fromthe start so 2 weeks should have that feeling better. i just started with the ice, a buddy fromt he gym said alternating warm and cold help his groin strain alot. i talked to a pharmicist today about what would be best, ibuprofen was her best recomendation.

thanks for the advice and the congrats guys!

well i plan to rest up this week as well, i figured it took about a week for my left to feel better and the right was worse fromthe start so 2 weeks should have that feeling better. i just started with the ice, a buddy fromt he gym said alternating warm and cold help his groin strain alot. i talked to a pharmicist today about what would be best, ibuprofen was her best recomendation.

thanks for the advice and the congrats guys!

Congrat Hugh, I can't imagine apllying ice to groin area LOL. Hope he didn't use Bengay neither. Ice ice ice and maybe hotwater bottle my man. ibuprofen eats you kidney among others. My question was how to duplicate the tension we got in a match as close as we can in the training, then we will minimize the pain after the tourney. I thought I got it, but after griping my friend's forearm and beat him too, I realize my forearm got tired rather quickly. Back to brainstorming again in search of the one that everyones trying to find :whistel

Edited by fightertrainer

Just a warning, take it easy coming back. It took me a year of pulling every other week before my elbow pain would finally heal up in a day or two. Especially, when you hit your next back workout, be real careful. I don't know how many people come out to a practice, pull fine, and then never come back again because they were too sore.

After 2 years of pulling, I don't have too many problems anymore, but occasionally after a hard match/practice I'll take a week off. The Ibuprofin, fish oil, Glucosamine, and glutamine all seem like good ideas and seemed to help me.