The Hard Eight List

EricMilfeld

As its name implies, this is a list for those who are nutty enough to bend 8" stock, including big bolts and 80D spikes the hard way: using no greater than 1" diameter wraps. All other applicable Steel Slayer rules apply.

The Hard Eight List

1)Eric Milfeld     475lb. 80D     2010
1)Paul Knight 475lb. 80D 2010

Here's the bend I did tonight to kick things off:

• Like 1

Kick A$$ Bend Eric :rock

It almost kicked my ass! :yikes

It's been forever since I've used Iron Mind sized pads and doing it Wigren style seemed like just the thing to up my excitement level a bit.

Thanks, buddy. :)

Holy heck I didn't realize until now that you used 1" wraps for this bend. Even more impressive! :rock:rock:rock

I have some 8" spikes that should be in the quarters of 450 or so. I might go for a shot at it tonight. But I'm gonna use some leather. My old imps are too rugged and thickened up by chalk imbedded in the texture, so they won't met the 1" standars.

Holy heck I didn't realize until now that you used 1" wraps for this bend. Even more impressive! :rock:rock:rock

I have some 8" spikes that should be in the quarters of 450 or so. I might go for a shot at it tonight. But I'm gonna use some leather. My old imps are too rugged and thickened up by chalk imbedded in the texture, so they won't met the 1" standars.

David, are you saying they would be thicker than 1"? I really think any set of IM pads with plenty of chalk coating would easily fit through a 1" hole. If you notice in my video, I had to work a bit to get those leather pads through the hole. Had I rolled them up even tighter they would have slipped through easier. If you think about it, a heavier weight leather makes this more difficult, as a bigger "air pocket" is created at the center of the rolled wraps. But ideally I would do what I did. Use leather at a full 1" diameter. I think it feels just a little more solid than the IM pads.

And thanks, Sherrie!

David, are you saying they would be thicker than 1"? I really think any set of IM pads with plenty of chalk coating would easily fit through a 1" hole. If you notice in my video, I had to work a bit to get those leather pads through the hole. Had I rolled them up even tighter they would have slipped through easier. If you think about, a heavier weight leather makes this more difficult, as a bigger "air pocket" is created at the center of the rolled wraps. But ideally I would do what I did. Use leather at a full one 1" diameter. I think it feels just a little more solid than the IM pads.

And thanks, Sherrie!

Hmm. I know that my old imps could at least easily fit through a 1.25" hole. But without having measured to see if they fit through a 1" hole. I'm gonna say that they probably don't. At least not when folded in 3.

I know this because I've bent with IMP's for a while and after a serious amounts of bends, the texure gets a bit more rugged. As the same time there are creases that starts to build up. And when you roll the pads upp, the creases and ruggedness of the textile adds up to the total thickness.

I just took an IM pad measuring 11.25" by 11.75" folded into thirds and passed it through a 1" hole. It was a tight squeeze, though. David, you are folding your pads into thirds, right?

What a powerful kink, and way to stick with it to the end. This really motivated me to try 8", but I struggle enough with getting 7" under my chin... I may need some advice. Congratulations on a very impressive bend, Eric.

What a powerful kink, and way to stick with it to the end. This really motivated me to try 8", but I struggle enough with getting 7" under my chin... I may need some advice. Congratulations on a very impressive bend, Eric.

Thanks, Tim! After the contest we'll have to indulge in a little bending.

I just took an IM pad measuring 11.25" by 11.75" folded into thirds and passed it through a 1" hole. It was a tight squeeze, though. David, you are folding your pads into thirds, right?

Yes I fold in thirds.

Imagine if thoose wraps that you measured apart from being more rugged and "wrinkly" was also torn up with peices sticking out here and there, that it might not go through a 1" hole.

It might fit if I cut it and try to smoothen the wraps out a bit. But as they are now and how I've mostly been using them. They usually are a bit over 1"

Yes I fold in thirds.

Imagine if thoose wraps that you measured apart from being more rugged and "wrinkly" was also torn up with peices sticking out here and there, that it might not go through a 1" hole.

It might fit if I cut it and try to smoothen the wraps out a bit. But as they are now and how I've mostly been using them. They usually are a bit over 1"

Aaah, I gotcha. Yeah, just get some leather.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night Paul took down the same spike I did, rather easily. Congrats, buddy!

And, you did that after the comp apparently. Nice, Paul. smile.gif

• 3 months later...
Guest Bullitt

Tried to join you guys on the list (at the bottom of course) with an 8" X 5/16" 0-1 drill rod bend, but I couldn't get it to go with my 3/4" suedes. Hands hurt too bad from all the bending the last few days. Went pretty easy once I slapped on the 1.25" SteelSlayer suedes, which tells me I can do it in thinner wraps. I just need to quit being a sissy! Anyway, here was the bend. I cut out the measuring and wrapping since it didn't qualify anyway.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Man I'm late but just seen this damn thats sick!!

• 5 months later...

Unbelievable bends & strength guys! New to bending & nowhere near this level . But its good motivation & something to shoot for one day! 7" gives me fits... :O