Brzenk Vs. Liliev Supermatch Ended 2:3

Florian Kellersmann

Arsen just won in Istanbul against John!

im just seeing the first pictures of the match. what i see looks kinda strange, because Arsens elbow looks off the pad in all the pictures or at least is close to it...just need to see the footage.

im just seeing the first pictures of the match. what i see looks kinda strange, because Arsens elbow looks off the pad in all the pictures or at least is close to it...just need to see the footage.

Arsen fouled out in match #4 and fouled once in match #5, not sure how many other times he fouled. So the pics may have been taken right before the elbow foul was called. Looking at the pics, it definitely looks like his elbow is off in pic#2, possible in pic#1 but can't tell for sure. In the other pics it looks like it's on but it's close.

you should download the 4th picture from the WOA site and have a look at Johns forearm. I think it is the sickest thing i have ever seen, still cant get over it. Whats that? There are mountains rising, unbelievable.

Surely the refs always have this problem calling elbow fouls on guys with huge forearms, esp Arsen. Arsens elbow bone is off the pad in many pictures I've seen of him, but his elbow as a unit is on the pad, if you see what I mean.

I'm sure it was judged in a fair manner anyway, Arsen obviously has a massive, massive hit. It sounds like the match was basically 50/50 reading what's been wrote so far, which is incredible! This doesn't mean he'll go on to beat everyone else John can beat as imo John is a much more versatile puller, but it does show he's in the top 5 in the world no matter how you rank it.

Let's hope he can pull more supermatches!

Edited by mithras

I like to see Arsen's hit Vs Don's hit in strap. Arsen hit start with his elbow dragged all the way across the pad, and more often than not his elbow went outside it too. If you think about it, his hit is like a cable row/sidepressure movement, massively powerful. He, who can pullup one armed, can row with tremendous power. If an opponent can't supinate his hand, forget it! That would be extremely difficult thing to do. Most people can row with much more poundage than any other arm moments.

I can imagine Arsen practice that hit/row/sidepressure thingy a lot to perfection. IMHO, if you hit like that and your hand got supinated it would nullify your power to a dead stop. Then again, who in the world right now can supinate Arsen hand? I don't know. Devon, in other hand, if you supinate his hand it may turn into a hook, and it will help him not hurt him.

If your pointy bone in the elbow is outside the pad, it's a foul! The meaty part of forearm muscle cannot be a part of your elbow.

I like to see Arsen's hit Vs Don's hit in strap. Arsen hit start with his elbow dragged all the way across the pad, and more often than not his elbow went outside it too. If you think about it, his hit is like a cable row/sidepressure movement, massively powerful. He, who can pullup one armed, can row with tremendous power. If an opponent can't supinate his hand, forget it! That would be extremely difficult thing to do. Most people can row with much more poundage than any other arm moments.

I can imagine Arsen practice that hit/row/sidepressure thingy a lot to perfection. IMHO, if you hit like that and your hand got supinated it would nullify your power to a dead stop. Then again, who in the world right now can supinate Arsen hand? I don't know. Devon, in other hand, if you supinate his hand it may turn into a hook, and it will help him not hurt him.

If your pointy bone in the elbow is outside the pad, it's a foul! The meaty part of forearm muscle cannot be a part of your elbow.

--> i kinda agree, even in other videos on youtube etc. you see his elbowbone slip off the pad and he dont get called, which is somehow annoying. And yes his hit is so massive and the way he hits is hard to stop, but i think with this kind of move his elbows wont live forever, sooner or later he will pay the price. i cant imagine the stress he puts on his joint and elbow tendon. From this point of view he wont be another John Brzenk, he will retire because of injury. IMHO

Video of match 1

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

Looks like a fast start to me

edit: Charlie and Engin say the audio is off, I trust their judgement since they were there

Edited by MarkH

I started to dislike so many elbow fouls Arsen got w/o call. On the fast hit and quick release of hand, Arsen got away with it all the times. About time someone point it out on every match Arsen has from now on. Lighting was not ideal for a match like this. Too much shadow all over. I agree it's too fast too see with naked eyes, then why not use video replay? Watch Arsen elbow again gentlemen. I don't think it's fair on this level of competition. Not to say Arsen couldn't have won, but fair is fair. Personally I don't recognize this as a win. Even if my opinion doesn't matter. I wonder how may matches Arsen could have lost if all elbow fouls had been called. I used to admire Arsen until today, when I saw his elbow fouls too much. He did not do it fairly, intentionly or not. He has to prove that he can win w/o that stupid elbow fouls of his. John'd given up youth, given up fast start, he cannot afford to give a NON-CALLING-ELBOW FOUL NEITHER. Com'on guys watch that elbow again!

Edited by fightertrainer

what does everyone think of letting them have 5 - 6 mins rest between. i would of thought this would play into arsen cause i think johns overall endurance is much more than rsens

arsen vs rustam vendetta. winner will take on john, no weight limit! :)

Yes I heard that to... but Engin said the weight limit is 95kg / 209. Even though Arsen beat John, I won't be surprised if Rustam beats Arsen. I think Rustam's wrist is stronger than John's, and he is faster than John so he might be able to stop Arsen's hit in a more neutral position on the table. Not saying I think Rustam will win, but I could see it going either way.

what does everyone think of letting them have 5 - 6 mins rest between. i would of thought this would play into arsen cause i think johns overall endurance is much more than rsens

I agree... since John has more endurance than Arsen, it seems like this would be more beneficial to Arsen.

Engin says that John lost the last match because he choose to try and hook Arsen. Every other time John stopped the match, he was able to beat Arsen by toprolling him, but in the final match he choose to try to hook him but his wrist wasn't strong enough to curl Arsen inside. John risked defeat to try and get Arsen inside, I believe if he would have toprolled Arsen in the strap in the final match he would have won. But like John said, Arsen is young, fast, and strong.

Edited by Josh H

Hard to judge about Arsen's and John's endurance from outside, I think.

In my opinion, these long breaks were good. It was the intention of the organizer, that endurance shoulnd play the big role in this match. Both athlete should be "fresh" for each match.