Martin Closes The #4 Right And Nearly Left!

Gripmasters

Wow! Just saw this and that is one incredible feat of strength! I've got a #4 that cal'd at 211 pounds and to me it just feels like a brick so I can't immagine this.

Great job Martin!

Tim

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Martin_Arildsson

• Cannon

• Geralt

• climber511

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You no longer have hands, those are vices.

damm your a beast

very, very, very nice!

Nice !!! I like how he did it listening to vader

Incredible doesn't begin to describe it. More like SHOCKING! I know he says he missed it left hand, but I watched it three times and it looked like he got it to me, but it could be a borderline case, can we perhaps still count it and call it "Closed? and held for X seconds using a deep set" like I do on my blogs and journal when I'm fairly sure I closed it but have a shred of doubt? The other hand was definite closed, I know he used a deep set, but I think he could have used an intermediate set or even a shallow set, since he looked like he nonchalantly closed it. That was just amazing, no matter how you slice it. I can't even get the #4 TO parallel (I can get it down to about 1", though) let alone close that beast.

• 1 year later...

The coolest thing about this thread is that you're back on the board right now. Welcome back, Friend! We are happy to have you.

The coolest thing about this thread is that you're back on the board right now. Welcome back, Friend! We are happy to have you.

Thanks! It's good to be back.

OUTSTANDING!!! :bow

I believe he got the left also for a fraction of a second.

I believe this also may be a FIRST on video of a left & right close of a #4 gripper.

Orangutan STRENGTH!!!

Incredible crushing strength Martin!!! Awesome proof that it can be done! :rock

Thanks guys, just watched the raw clip again. If I just could get the handle in the palm a couple of millimeters further towards my knuckles I might have closed it with my left hand too. On the video it's like two millimeters away.

huge accomplishment and the first to close the # 4 with both hands. Will you excite us more by competing in any contests in the future?

Thanks, but it was just with the right. Maybe the topic should be changed. I think I'll compete again, maybe not this year as I'm weak as a girl at the moment.

huge accomplishment and the first to close the # 4 with both hands. Will you excite us more by competing in any contests in the future?

Thanks, but it was just with the right. Maybe the topic should be changed. I think I'll compete again, maybe not this year as I'm weak as a girl at the moment.

Overstatement of the year :) I would like to swap my paws for your 'girly hands' anytime :zorro:

It`s messed up how easy thar looked. Kudos!

Stora gratulationer från lilla Eslöv! :-)

The man has very strong forearms and a mastery of efficient closing technique. However,the deep set , old "plain stamped" #4 gripper and lack of credit card set don't give me a clear idea of just what feat I was seeing as far as "merit". I would be greatly interested him squeezing a new gripper #4 under certification standards, I am sure he would do quite well. RS

The man has very strong forearms and a mastery of efficient closing technique. However,the deep set , old "plain stamped" #4 gripper and lack of credit card set don't give me a clear idea of just what feat I was seeing as far as "merit". I would be greatly interested him squeezing a new gripper #4 under certification standards, I am sure he would do quite well. RS

I feel like any gripper close is as such, #4 or otherwise. Even if we had an RGC rating (which we do) that doesn't tell the whole story either.

A video of a close like you describe I don't feel would offer anything different in the way of "merit." It would just be another different video.

Most people would be able to do very little (regardless of set) with a (rather stout - 208lb or thereabouts) #4 gripper with their non-dominating hand.

Most people would be able to do very little (regardless of set) with a (rather stout - 208lb or thereabouts) #4 gripper with their non-dominating hand.

Yeah, agreed.

Martin is also only very carefully claiming what is shown in the video. For what is shown, I think it's incredible!

What are the differences in stampings of IM grippers ("plain stamped", new gripper)?