How To Improve The Power Of Your Thumb?

the destroyer

Hi, Guys.

I want to know, which exercises are very, very great to improve the grip of your thumb (included fingers). Imtugs, Grippers and what else?

Maybe a piece of wood/iron with the range of my hand which I have to pick up (like a blob or something) or a piece of wood/iron which is maybe the half of my hand? Or isn`t a blob good for improving my hand/thumb strength?

I hope, you can answer my questions.

Hi, Guys.

I want to know, which exercises are very, very great to improve the grip of your thumb (included fingers). Imtugs, Grippers and what else?

Maybe a piece of wood/iron with the range of my hand which I have to pick up (like a blob or something) or a piece of wood/iron which is maybe the half of my hand? Or isn`t a blob good for improving my hand/thumb strength?

These wont help with thumb strength. Look up vids of people closing them, and in some, you can see their thumb moving all around, off and on the gripper.

I used to do this when I started grip training, when I didn't have access to pinch stuff. I used to mash my thumbs into a tennis ball, too.

My favorite way to hit my thumbs is to do a heavy main movement first like 2hp or block weights, then TTK after that, and then as a finisher, high-rep 2 hand TTK with only the thumb, ring, and pinkie fingers of each hand. Kills your thumb pad.

Hi, Guys.

These wont help with thumb strength. Look up vids of people closing them, and in some, you can see their thumb moving all around, off and on the gripper.

I used to do this when I started grip training, when I didn't have access to pinch stuff. I used to mash my thumbs into a tennis ball, too.

I don't totally agree with you. If it is clear that grippers will not help to build thumb strength, IMTUGs can. It depends on how you use them. Just take a look at how Frank Henritzi uses them : http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=11121&st=2220

But I must admit that thick bars, TTK, blobs, plates pinches are a better choice.

To build your thumb strength do what I did and order a set of thumbscrews. They work the thumbpad more intensely than anything else I've tried. You can use them with regular grippers or adjustable ones, and you can do many other types of exercises too. Pinches from alot of different positions, palm mashes for climbing strenth, single finger pulls, pinky ring finger opposed to thumb etc etc.

What I don't understand is why nobody in America came out with them first!?

Anyway you can order them here: This is the thumbscrew link

Read about a couple of ways to use them here: This is the how to train with thumbscrews link

Looks like they'd be great on the Vulcan, but I imagine they would carve the heck out of a regular aluminum handle.

If you tighten them down alot, there will be a small roundish mark 3/4" from the center ring on a aluminum handled coc gripper, which doesn't interfere with the function of it in any way. Put on my baraban adjustable they don't even leave a mark, but I could probably get them to do so if used a monkey wrench to tighten them down.

I guess it all depends on what you want your grippers for, pristine show pieces, or tools for getting stronger.