A Light Weight Who Can Hold Zoloev's Hook Video

fightertrainer

He must be under 185 lbs with huge foreamrs.I know its only at practice table still...

He's here flashing Allen Fisher after letting him had all the times. Even grapped his hand low too

Who is this guy!!!!!!!!!! Did you see the curl vid off the rowing machine!!!

k

I did see all of his links. He's from Brazil. I think he will be world champ some day soon

I have no idea what was going on before or during this vid, but they might have all been pulling all night/day. Who knows how fresh or spent everyone was. If all were fresh, then awesome.

Take videos like that with a grain of salt. This is after the tournament with no defined timeline...it could be 12am after a 2 day tournament and pulling for 3 hours afterwards. I've beaten John Brzenk and Devon Larratt at the practice table after tournaments, it doesn't mean squat. With that being said, he looks like he has a capable wrist and a good, strong hand. His high hook looks strong and doesn't get overly supinated on the defense.

Take videos like that with a grain of salt. This is after the tournament with no defined timeline...it could be 12am after a 2 day tournament and pulling for 3 hours afterwards. I've beaten John Brzenk and Devon Larratt at the practice table after tournaments, it doesn't mean squat. With that being said, he looks like he has a capable wrist and a good, strong hand. His high hook looks strong and doesn't get overly supinated on the defense.

In the video vs Zoloev, he was mostly defending and let Zoloev hit over and over. Let assume everyone was already had his fights after the tournament, so everyone was tired too. But to stop Zoloeve hit in a hook speaks volume, IMO

100% agreed..........

not that he isn't strong, but videos like this don't tell the whole story

look at the video where Roman beats me and ron bath in a hook easy............then crushes travis lefty then gives john all he can handle...........hmmmmmmm...............do you really believe roman has more hook or power anywhere than any of us 4 ?

I don't want to sound big headed but honestly.....cmon, roman tried to pull mohegan sun 06' event multiple weight classes, once in the 198 class he didn't look so superhuman and even started taking losses...........he eventually dropped from the 198 class to make sure he would win any class.

But that video tells a different story to people, he is of the same caliber as john brzenk and stronger than ron bath...........lol.......really?

anyhow, this guy is obviously strong, but I can't help but notice that zoloev is wearing a canada jacket which most likely means it was the worlds before last................so what did this guy do in italy a year later ?...........I know zoloev still kicked a$$.

His name is Carlos Rodriges. Looks like he placed 36 out of 36 at 75kg category in last Worlds...

That's funny the video title is: zoloév vs Eduardo Tietê brasil. Does that spell like Carlos Roridges to you?

C'mon man :rolleyes

Watch this video and see what the guy is named, maybe after 1:00 min:

Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues

I may be wrong but I dont think so. :tongue:)

Edited by Griparn

Griparn, you may have your point here. I found WAF results '09, AND HE'S AT THE BOTTOM :yikes ...WELL, EVERYONE STARTS SOMEWHERE RIGHT? The way Engin said Zoloeve had many big fights against others like the guy who's #10 and he ended up lost to Janis A. in final who came from B side to win it all.

Right Men's 75

1 LAT5302 JANIS AMOLINS

2 RUS2809 KHADZIMURAT ZOLOEV

3 BUL1030 VICTOR BALABANOV

4 GEO5205 GIORGI TVALIASHVILI

5 SUI3607 PASCAL HUMARD

6 RUS2808 ALEXANDER BULENKOV

7 BUL1031 CVETAN GASHEVSKI

8 UKR2205 OLEKSANDR TSVYETKOV

9 GBR2703 CRAIG SANDERS

10 KAZ2009 ZHANALY KHASSANOV

11 TUR5107 HAYDAR GILDIL

12 RSA3801 WILLIE DE WET BOTHA

13 FIN1504 TIMO MIKKOLA

14 AZE6003 FUAD JAFAROV

15 POL2503 DARIUSZ GROCH

16 TUR5106 ENGIN TERZI

17 ITA4113 NICOLAS BOVO

18 KAZ2010 SEYFULLA NURKHALIKHOV

19 ESP4206 JUAN PEDRO GARCIA

20 USA3909 MICHAEL HENDRICKS

21 FRA1305 IBRAHIM HADJI

22 ROM2403 ANDREI CHIPREANOV

23 TJK4904 AMIRJON SANGINOV

24 CZE1604 MATEJ SVOBODA

25 ESP4205 DAVID PEREZ

26 FRA1304 DAVID DIOUF

27 JPN1905 SHUSAKU MURATA

28 USA3910 JIM COYLE

29 TJK4903 TOHIR TOHIROV

30 ITA4114 MASSIMILIANO TORTORICI

31 BRA3203 CARLOS GONCALVES

32 CAN1804 JAMES MCGEOGHEGAN

33 BLR2669 ALEH MATSKEVICH

34 SWE3003 STEPHAN SODERBERG

35 IND4601 VEMUGOU HOSHI

36 BRA3202 CARLOS RODRIGUES

That guy got last at Worlds, but there are some extreme situations where that may happen to strong competitors; Janis got last at the Nemiroff Cup left handed, but placed high (top 3 or 4 I believe) at Worlds left handed in 08 and 09. Michael Todd got last place at Worlds in Italy right handed. When I first saw this video I though "Holy crap, who is that guy!" but after reading Rob and MarkH's posts, they make good points, who knows how strong that guy is.

That guy got last at Worlds, but there are some extreme situations where that may happen to strong competitors; Janis got last at the Nemiroff Cup left handed, but placed high (top 3 or 4 I believe) at Worlds left handed in 08 and 09. Michael Todd got last place at Worlds in Italy right handed. When I first saw this video I though "Holy crap, who is that guy!" but after reading Rob and MarkH's posts, they make good points, who knows how strong that guy is.

I think he's well stocked, meaning he has what it takes (muscles) to support his AW movement. BUt, IMO he work out too much like a bodybuilder. Movement like he showed on youtube were too much like bb. That only build bigger muscles. I haven't seen him do static training for joint locking. If he approaches it differently in training he might make it to the top. I may miss all of his training, but I didn't see him do forearm rotation training. When I was at Gary Ray home few years ago, he's '99 world champ already. But he told me when I pushed him in training, that he like my trainer's approach and philosophy. NOt merely AW, but also scientific pronation/supination of movements. Angles of attacks... even though I couldn't beat him by FAR (by holding his pinky finger...LOL). Remember Devon clips where he would beat people, who held on to his hand with 2 hands and he still beat them? I did the same to Gary 6 years ago, but when I put pressure on his forearm pronator muscle he'd fail right away. I bet you in Devon videos, if someone attack his pronator he 'd fail as well. Pronator is a smaller muscle in forearm and undeveloped in most people. Most people can't even flex it, because they cant feel it. BTW. in famous AWers you always see it in the forearm when flexed

The few who beat Crazy George 're the ones who succeeded in beating his pronator via hand control. If you let George keep his hand in hammer position you're done. Check it out here