Ion Oncescun Vs 300 People

fightertrainer

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/

YOu can see some typical reactions from regular people who just didn't believe Ion beats them already so fast. And it's only 1/2 speed from him. It's funny when you can read their faces "Nooooo! I wasn't ready...No way it's over", or " I can't believe it". One guy slipped intentionally and act like he didn't. I am sure if Ion turn it on full speed there 'd be broken arms. The promoter must tell him over and over "take it easy, don't break people'arm for God sake"

I think this is a great idea to have a pro AWer promote the sport like this in USA. And on top of this, we can help by paying to participate for charity. If 300 people pay 5 each for charity vs John Brzenk or other top pros, that's 1500 raised, plus sponsors money. I sure would pay to grip up against John B. for charity. I knew it had been done here by JB in California. BUt there should be more events like this around the country IMO

Sorry for my typo on Oncescu name above

Edited by fightertrainer

That one match looked like a strap. :yikes I am sure some of the guys (like the one that slipped) were armwrestlers, not all of them were regular joes. That's pretty cool though, must be good training for your hit.

I remember the first time I went against a "real" armwrestler, he came to my house and me and my buddy were armwrestling him, and he wasn't even trying. Then we did some ready go's, and he was flashing us. I could beat everyone I knew, and I knew pro's would beat me easily... but this guy told us he had only ever won 1 novice class and we were like :yikes

Some guy messaged me about this on YouTube with the implication that this somehow proves Oncescun is the greatest arm wrestler. That seems to be the popular theme on YouTube now: Ion Oncescun is the "greatest arm wrestler in the world" - I don't think arm wrestling and beating 300 normal people, including some women, proves anything.

A few years ago, John Brzenk did something like this with 100 actual arm wrestlers - including Travis Bagent and Nick Zinna - and he won every match. Now THAT'S impressive

A few years ago, John Brzenk did something like this with 100 actual arm wrestlers - including Travis Bagent and Nick Zinna - and he won every match. Now THAT'S impressive

Agreed, but just remember Devon is number 1 now :D

Edited by Stefans

Some guy messaged me about this on YouTube with the implication that this somehow proves Oncescun is the greatest arm wrestler. That seems to be the popular theme on YouTube now: Ion Oncescun is the "greatest arm wrestler in the world" - I don't think arm wrestling and beating 300 normal people, including some women, proves anything.

I wouldn't worry G-man. The least Oncescu did was to promote awareness of pro AW to public. The general public oponion is least-inform IMO. In USA pro AWers should do more of this for charity and to promote AW. Heck, if I have any confident or endurance I wwould do it myself to promote it for charity. like people pay $5 to AW you if they lose money go to charity.

Ya, it sickens me how promoted AW is in Europe compared to North America. We need more promotion shows for sure, there is still way too many people who think it is a bar sport!!! we must fight that BS!....although a pro could make some pocket money on betting AW in a bar.