Arsen's Start

fightertrainer

http://rutube.ru/tracks/2835719.html?v=1937bd90417d7f78f9b52682e038362c

The video is sideway for about 20 seconds then will resume upright. There, you can see Arsen always start with his elbow way in front of the pad. Sometimes way off. And he would drag it all the way back, in many cases, off the rear pad as in this pic: http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/ With such a explosive power on top of the 8 plus inches of dragging he will win more often than not, IMO

I am sure we still remember the last video link where he had a elbow foul by elbow dragging w/o a call. Not that I don't like Arsen, but Did the ref overlook that "all the time". Though, he did receive an elbow call vs Dennis I think.

yes I noticed that too...

IMO Arsen can do what ever he wants, he can't beat cyplenkov !! So he won't have a chance against John...

Fightertrainer, at what time in the video does it happen?

Yeah! He couldn't unravel Dennis' wrist, he coudn't beat him.

Florian, I think it was at 4:50. But most of Arsen matches, he started and dragged the elbow big time. Even agaisnt other competitors. It was very fast, so the ref could have easily missed the call. Once he got them beat, he immediately let go the hands and release the grip/elbow formations.

This is the problem of refs watching the match and not watching for fouls.

Now I know this may sounds strange but IF Arsen learned how to armwrestle better he could win against Denis C right now.

Over the years armwrestling has gone through different fazes as it relates to Technique vs Strength. From pure strength to Mostly technique and as the sport grew it has always been somewhere in the middle of both. At the elite level It currently is on the strength side. Dont get me wrong the eastern block countries have very good technique but it generally involves placement of the elbow, wrist and hand placement and the angle of the Hit. After that it is all about how to get stronger at what ever style they use. Most dont train for what happens when they get STOPPED or what do I do if my normal move does not work. That is learning how to armwrestle.

IMO Arsen can do what ever he wants, he can't beat cyplenkov !! So he won't have a chance against John...

I agree - John will kill him. I predict 6-0 or 5-1 John.

This is the problem of refs watching the match and not watching for fouls.

Now I know this may sounds strange but IF Arsen learned how to armwrestle better he could win against Denis C right now.

Over the years armwrestling has gone through different fazes as it relates to Technique vs Strength. From pure strength to Mostly technique and as the sport grew it has always been somewhere in the middle of both. At the elite level It currently is on the strength side. Dont get me wrong the eastern block countries have very good technique but it generally involves placement of the elbow, wrist and hand placement and the angle of the Hit. After that it is all about how to get stronger at what ever style they use. Most dont train for what happens when they get STOPPED or what do I do if my normal move does not work. That is learning how to armwrestle.

Bob, you meant like Arsen should "creep-walk" his hand to Dennis's finger tips to gain leverage?

Good eye, I never noticed...too blown away by the speed and power (like the ref lol)!

• 2 weeks later...

Stylistically speaking, John and Arsen don't match up well, whereas Arsen and Denis do. Arsen can't high hand backpressure his way past Denis as Denis needs a marginal amount of wrist flexion and his giant hand negates the rest. The result is what you see, Arsen gets extended out of his power band and gets low hand pronated down. If Arsen were to hit diagonally in an ulnarly deviated wrist, pronating around around the meat of the thumb he'd find better success. This, of course, is far easier to diagnose than to implement, as it's a difficult dynamic motion to do without regressing back to what's comfortable for the puller (muscle memory...old dogs, new tricks. I find it difficult not to automatically regress to what the body has found success with in the past. Forcing new muscle memory on already trained arms is difficult and requires a lot of active and frustrating training sessions). John's greatest strength, in my opinion, is his low hand top which takes an enormous amount of wrist strength and control to effectively do. His greatest weakness (if you can call it that), however, falls against a puller like Arsen with an ulnarly radiated backpressure top (high hand). Similar to Taras, but with a much stronger wrist and shorter forearm. By the time John catches the hit, he may not have enough wrist flexion established to stop the pronation of Arsen before the pin. It will be a very interesting match, but I'd suspect John will learn enough in the first two matches to win the overall. 3-2 or 4-1

^^^nice reply.............I agree 100%

where I think it will be a blowout is if arsen tries to plow through john sideways and not run the angles of the pad around john's hand.

Arsen simply cannot match john's power and needs to play the angles to be in the match.

I can appreciate your bit of retraining your arms to do new movements............when I started I got into some very bad habits that still haunt me.

I train and train, but every now and then in a critical match I seem to want to go back to what feels comfortable but in reality it is costing me the match.

I can appreciate your bit of retraining your arms to do new movements............when I started I got into some very bad habits that still haunt me.

I train and train, but every now and then in a critical match I seem to want to go back to what feels comfortable but in reality it is costing me the match.

It's a pain in the ass to reboot your body. I recently took 2 years off so now I'm taking advantage of my lack of muscle memory to re-engineer the way I pull. I'm not as physiologically gifted as many (read: normal sized hand) so I have to place most of my efforts towards the technical aspects in order to gain an advantage. Strong dynamic wrist movements coupled with appropriate force vectors dependant on the opponents known style and physiological strengths is the plan, but it doesn't always work out. Just because you know how to take advantage of someones weak spots doesn't mean it's possible without enough power. I suppose technique is pretty useless if you don't have the power to utilize it effectively.