Joe Kinney's Claims

mightyjoe

And what if Joe Kinney replies to the letter and says, "Yep, I squatted 440x60 not only in the morning, but also in the afternoon, and before bed. On top of that, I would often times do this without eating, often times for weeks on end. Also, if I reckon correctly, sometimes I wouldn't drink for say, maybe 2-3 weeks! Or was it 4 weeks?? You know, some Budhist monks fast for weeks on end, and still squat weights, even heavier than me. But I digress....So, back to the squating!! Sometimes, I would squat after hicking the Apalchian Mountains. In fact, about ten years ago, I hicked the summit of Mount Everest. Not only that, but I did it carrying my 2x145 pound weights, plus the bar, plus the tree with the handles, because everyone knows that an honest squatter would never be caught dead without squating using these er handles............

And on, and on, and on it goes.........

So if JK sent this reply, would you believe him more or less??? Just let it be for goddness sakes.

-Carl

P.S The only reason I am following this thread is to see if anyone has any useful information to share!!dry.gifdry.gifdry.gifdry.gif

Personally, I took away priceless information about BTR training, what constitutes a quality negative, what mistakes he made that I can avoid, what necessitated the different equipment, why each piece is valuable, and how to train other muscles in your hand to build a better "tool" for closing grippers. Just to name a few things.

It's clear that Kinney has spent a great deal of time thinking about training. After watching the first video, I did the same. Therefore, almost nothing in the new video was news to me. I had spent countless hours thinking forward and backward from his comments to try answer a bunch of WHY and HOW questions. The new video simply confirmed that I was correct in my assumptions.

If you're watching the video for feats or water cooler chat, both videos are light on content. You're not going to take much away.

If you watch for those answers to the WHY and HOW questions, you'll change something about how you train immediately. The new video is a shortcut to those answers. Everything you needed was in the first video.

Personally, I took away priceless information about BTR training, what constitutes a quality negative, what mistakes he made that I can avoid, what necessitated the different equipment, why each piece is valuable, and how to train other muscles in your hand to build a better "tool" for closing grippers. Just to name a few things.

It's clear that Kinney has spent a great deal of time thinking about training. After watching the first video, I did the same. Therefore, almost nothing in the new video was news to me. I had spent countless hours thinking forward and backward from his comments to try answer a bunch of WHY and HOW questions. The new video simply confirmed that I was correct in my assumptions.

If you're watching the video for feats or water cooler chat, both videos are light on content. You're not going to take much away.

If you watch for those answers to the WHY and HOW questions, you'll change something about how you train immediately. The new video is a shortcut to those answers. Everything you needed was in the first video.

Exactly.

His determination gave me a good kick in the rear to start some serious training again. Also, using his advice, and equipment I already had, my 2HP numbers have increased greatly in just a few weeks. Hit a PR of 210lb's just an hour ago.

It's clear that Kinney has spent a great deal of time thinking about training.

Precisely!

Which meant he had a clear understanding of the demanding training and commitment that would be required to achieve his goals (ie. no shortcuts).

His 440 for 60 comment is open to interpretation - but I for one have no doubt he closed a real-deal #4.

Could someone bring on the next Kinney thread. . .this 8-pager appears to be losing steam and may not make it to 10 pages :cry