Grip At The Arnold Classic

climber511

Zach,

You and I agree then that not everyone's opinions should be given the same weight - but that is up to the individual reader and not, I would say, for you or me to dictate. Linked to that is the idea that so-called "people who have no intention of competing" cannot have valid opinions or come up with useful ideas / procedures that can be applied to contests or training - the idea is either good or it isn't, so I've never understood that.

You have a PM.

Ben, the audience has to be taken into account. In what sport is the audience's opinion completely irrelevant?

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mobsterone

• 1stCoC

• The Natural

• andurniat

I would argue that while the audience isn't competing they are participating.

Well heck Brent, the grip equipment is "participating," but its opinion won't change my approach as a promoter. :D

the idea is either good or it isn't

That's right. I think too many on this board look over at the screen name to see who is writing before they evaluate the content. While that's a good idea to some extent--e.g. the comment may mean something different coming from a typically sarcastic member vs. a sincere member--the merit of the content is independent of who writes it. If someone with some status in grip writes something thoughtless or false, I'm going to tell him that. Nobody here is immune from criticism or censure. If the legends in their own minds want uncritical acceptance, they can go someone else to post, preferably for them a place where I can't find them. Likewise, if some newcomer or infrequent poster has a good idea or valid point, then it's a good idea or valid point no matter if he's done ten contests or none, and whether he's closed the #2 or #4.

Edited by The Natural