Just Observation On Arsen's Pull

fightertrainer

Go here:

http://www.northeastboard.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=17260&page=2

Look at Tyson Beauchamp's avatar (video). You can see Arsen pulled with all his might. Then when his hit was stopped, he used his right leg to kick the opponent left leg out from under, and made the man lose his leverage to win the match. Maybe it's an accident, maybe it's just his intention . But IMO, it did not look accidental. The kick was right above the left knee on the insde part. I always have eyes for details like this. What do you think? Too bad I don't have an account there to dislcose that.

Your observation is wrong. Arsen just used the table leg, not the leg of Matyushenko.

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

Maybe I was wrong, maybe I was not! This is a bigger screen and at .08 second you can see the shoe push on both the table leg and the toe part touched opponent thigh enough to have pushed it away or cause an involumtary reaction. The reaction may NOT cause the outcome. But if you touch your oponent's leg with your leg, isn't that illegal? intentionly or not. I use quick start and stop click to observe it. I don't think they allow that kick to other side leg any more, though I'd seen Gary Ray did that in Houston in a local tournament few year ago. Maybe some here tell us about kicking the opoosite table leg rule

His elbow was WAY off the pad but his forearm was touching the whole time; is that legal (about 7 sec mark)? Thanks in advance.

Josh

Edited by jad

It did look like his elbow was off the pad. But I doubt he intentionally pushed Matyushenko's leg away, if that's even what happened, could have been that as soon as he pushed on the table leg, Ivan's arm went down and he moved his body with his arm, moving his leg, too. His leg was wrapped around the table leg before.

It did look like his elbow was off the pad. But I doubt he intentionally pushed Matyushenko's leg away, if that's even what happened, could have been that as soon as he pushed on the table leg, Ivan's arm went down and he moved his body with his arm, moving his leg, too. His leg was wrapped around the table leg before.

I think it'd been known that kicking opposite table leg had caused slipping and ended up kicking your opponent instead. Arsen's Elbow was fouled out but uncalled.

His elbow was WAY off the pad but his forearm was touching the whole time; is that legal (about 7 sec mark)? Thanks in advance.

Josh

No, it is still an elbow foul.

I am pretty sure I have read in one of the many different sets of rules that The only time a foul would not be called is if your elbow came off the front of the pad and your tricep was fully flat on the pad. Like with a posting style toproll.

Russian nationals 2009. Arsen competed 85kg class, Ivan 110kg class, both won their classes. These were the overalls. Results: 1. Liliev 2. Zoloev 3. Matyushenko.

Josh

No, it is still an elbow foul.

I am pretty sure I have read in one of the many different sets of rules that The only time a foul would not be called is if your elbow came off the front of the pad and your tricep was fully flat on the pad. Like with a posting style toproll.

NOPE...........even if your elbow comes off the front it is a foul.

Big time elbow foul in the video..............would he have gotten such a good position if he didn't get to pull so far back by fouling ?

NOPE...........even if your elbow comes off the front it is a foul.

Big time elbow foul in the video..............would he have gotten such a good position if he didn't get to pull so far back by fouling ?

It's an elbow foul for sure... I Think if he did not pull so way back, Matyushenko (with his longer forearm) would hook him easily and a little bit early not in an advanced loosing position......would be interesting to see a Liliev deep hook. :shifty especially in case of a match with Babayev

For the "kick"..... is quite normal that russian pullers uses all the table and a little touch to the opponent leg when you're searching the opposite leg of the table is tolerable.... in this case IMO is not intentional.

Something strange in the Podium... 1)Liliev 2)Zoloev 3)Matyushenko.............. a 75kg (165lb) at 2nd place beetween a 85kg (190lb) and 110kg (240lb)

Zoloev like Roman Tsindeliani... has a BODYWEIGHT/POWER ratio extraordinary (IMHO)

Even with as much power for his size that Roman has, I think Zoloev has the most impressive strength to size ratio. Zoloev can beat Roman without too much trouble I believe, meanwhile I read that Zoloev says he can beat Rustam without even being 176.

Even with as much power for his size that Roman has, I think Zoloev has the most impressive strength to size ratio. Zoloev can beat Roman without too much trouble I believe, meanwhile I read that Zoloev says he can beat Rustam without even being 176.

Yes... He says...

Zoloev suffers too much the top-roll and the Finals of the last Worlds is an example... so Rustam has a chance on him in that way.... hooking a fresh Khadzimurat is like suicide... even if i would see that match.

I think it could be the best Midweight HOOK match we could see... :bow

Zoloev definitely showed that he is vulnerable to a strong explosive toproll. I assume you are speaking of his match with Janis Amolins. However, remember that he didn't actually lose in the finals by a pin, he lost both his matches (he was A side) due to fouls. It was clear that Janis had successfully toprolled him, however. In a hook, I think Zoloev is pound for pound the strongest in the world. Yes, stronger than Roman and Rustam even.

Even if he didn't pull off the pad it's still evident that he can pull his arm away from his body. So unless he can stop that from happening Arsen still gets the win every time I think.

He does pretty much the same thing every time someones bound to build up the strength to jam him off the go. If they can just keep their hand then it might be up in the air as to who will win. Maybe John can pull this off and stop him in the middle.

Yeah Zoloev is pound for pound #1, Engin said last time Roman and Zoloev pulled at 154 lbs. Roman tried to toproll Zoloev because he knew he didn't want to go inside with him (this is crazy if you know how good of a hooker Roman is!!!). But Zoloev put Roman in a hook and won easily. I'm not sure how long ago this was but apparently Zoloev walks around at 162 but pulls 165, because 154's is too easy for him (again, Engin's words).

Ivan is strong but Arsen was 187 in that match, also Zoloev beat Arsen that day in a hook (but only because Arsen let Zoloev hook him - the next match Arsen flashed Zoloev with a toproll). But Zoloev's hook is insane.