Skinny Japanese Guy Repping The #4

Benedikt Farsmann

If you think J. Kinney or T. Heslep were skinny when they closed the #4 then check out this guy!

Yesterday I found this Japanese guy on youtube. I know that some of you already know him but in my opinion others need to know about him as well as he seems to be an extremely talented grip enthusiast. He will probably be the next to close a #4.

His stats (information taken from his youtube account)

nickname: yuusuke62

Training grip for 11 years in 2009

Age 21 (2009)

Weight 62kg (137lbs)

Height 176cm (5.7 feet)

Closed the CoC#3 at an age of 17

Pinch closing a CoC#1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtwdy_bkVYw

BBE parallel set:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6AkBpSFxY0

CoC#3 x 24 parallel reps

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o_G0DBIFpM

CoC#4 choked @ 20mm x 5 reps (obviously holding the choker in place with the free hand)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjdTYWvsHow

Some barehanded unbraced steel bending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPixTShGz2c

His youtube account:

http://www.youtube.com/user/yuusuke62

His log: (translated by google)

http://translate.google.com/translate?js=y&prev=_t&hl=de&ie=UTF-8&layout=1&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fblog.livedoor.jp%2Fmariusmagnus1989622%2F&sl=ja&tl=en

I can not speak about the grippers but the bare hand steel bending looked harder then it really was. Anything he can crush in one hand had to be pretty weak steel. And comsidering it was threaded, that makes it weaker then if it was solid. Just my opinion.

That's interesting how he closed the #1 pinch-style.

I'm surprised that he barely eeked out that Elite close. Given the other grip videos, an Elite should be part of his warm-up. I was impressed that he could keep it moving without stalling out. I thought he was screwed with about 3/8" left to go, but he made it there somehow.

The videos are impressive, but I'd need to see good #4 attempt to assume he's anywhere near that gripper.

Guest Bullitt

definitely a strong grip. The #4 choker close was a bit iffy. He was squeezing the top of the handles with his off hand as well. I also thought he had a lot more trouble than i would have expected on the Elite, given the reps with the #3. Still, very nice on the other stuff.

I'm surprised that he barely eeked out that Elite close. Given the other grip videos, an Elite should be part of his warm-up. I was impressed that he could keep it moving without stalling out. I thought he was screwed with about 3/8" left to go, but he made it there somehow.

The videos are impressive, but I'd need to see good #4 attempt to assume he's anywhere near that gripper.

He may just have a lousy set.

Did anyone see the link from his blog with the picture of the BLOB40 (not BLOB50) replica?

Has there been a grip comp in Japan yet? I know there have been several members on here over the years from Japan as well as a few certified #3 closers.

A sad consequence of a long time on the internet makes me never believe anything from just youtube. Maybe he is that strong, who knows.

I tend to be like Bob...I guess my first thought was I expected more meat in his hand especially the thumb pad, but then again, I didn't take that close of a look.

I'm not saying he's a fraud, but, I find it a little strange that his youtube account and blog are about a year old, especially if he's been able to close a #3 for the last 4 years. Also, a lot of his video closes are iffy at best.

Edit: Ooops, found more blog dating further back.

Edited by chop163

Did anyone see the link from his blog with the picture of the BLOB40 (not BLOB50) replica?

Got a link? I didn't find it.

Has there been a grip comp in Japan yet? I know there have been several members on here over the years from Japan as well as a few certified #3 closers.

I wrote him a message and asked him about all this. Hopefully he'll write back.

Missed the link.

But I know that Robert Baraban used to sell (and probablely still does) Blob replicas of various sizes in Japan.

i don't know about this... i mean could this guy's crush grip be that strong???

Just wanted to add my two cents. I am ALWAYS sceptical of anything on Youtube.

But, I am not sure we can judge him by the way his hands look. My hands are pretty similar in mass. And I have been able to close the #3, and GM (videos in the old gallery for comparison). Although I agree with everyone on the Elite close. Who knows though, maybe he was just tired, or at the end of workout ect. If legit, fantastic strength ratio for his size. Mike

sometime you can tell on vid if the gripper was tampered with by watching the set. its pretty hard to squeeze a #3 closed with your thumb (narrow set) to set it and on some vids its like their pushing a therapy gripper it Looks so easy on the set.

rico

That guy is on a good strength level considering he has a poor set technique, but you really need to see some #4 attempts to see how close he actually is. This is not to take anything away from him. I'm sure all his vids are ok (meaning that he is not a fraud), just don't be too quick to draw conclusions about anyones ability without careful consideration of the manner in which every feat performed is executed.

Unless there is a huge time spread or some other factor I am extremely skeptical of someone having that much trouble with something as easy as an Elite when they are doing 24 reps on a #3.

He didn't answer my message. Maybe he didn't understand. His English seems to be even worse then mine. Don't know why but I guess we will never know why he struggled with the BBE.