Secret Weapon

glengoodwin

hah nice and u been geting alota new things lately ive noticed lol i cant keep up

:)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glengoodwin

• Wade Gillingham

• stevey7

• mightyjoe

This machine that Wade is selling....a great one at a great price. Anyone who is serious about grippers will want one. That's all I have to say.

HAH! Yeah, I was typing too fast. Wayne, Wade, hey they both start with W! :)

Does the top come off of Wade's machine the way it did on the Kinney one( to prevent cheating)?

Does the top come off of Wade's machine the way it did on the Kinney one( to prevent cheating)?

Josh - no, we mount it to the base. The machine is only 20 pounds so I guess if you were "cheating" you would pick the whole thing off the ground!

• 3 weeks later...
HAH! Yeah, I was typing too fast. Wayne, Wade, hey they both start with W! :)

Wannagrip starts with a 'W' too! Next time, slow down your speedy typing, Bill!

:trout:rolleyes

Picking it up or not... there is very little cheating with this machine. I am kissing the bad palm skin tears goodbye!

Edited by tchcalvin

ya its nicer on the skin then a regular gripper for negatives but it hurts teh hands ALOT lol when u load it up good

Also when using the GSS Negative Machine I've noticed it is better to stand off to the opposite side from the hand being trained. (Training right hand stand off to left) This helps keep the extensor muscles in alignment for full engagement.

• 10 months later...

I just got my GSS Negative machine today and could not resist trying it out even though I trained grip very hard yesterday. I saw something about the ratio being around 2:1. Can anyone share on their experiences in using this machine. For example, let's say I wanted to train to close a #3 which is listed as 280 lbs. Can I assume that I should be working with a weight around 140 lbs? I tried a test similar to this and the weight seemed like way too much but then again my hands, wrists and forearms are completely burnt from yesterdays w/o.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got my GSS Negative machine today and could not resist trying it out even though I trained grip very hard yesterday. I saw something about the ratio being around 2:1. Can anyone share on their experiences in using this machine. For example, let's say I wanted to train to close a #3 which is listed as 280 lbs. Can I assume that I should be working with a weight around 140 lbs? I tried a test similar to this and the weight seemed like way too much but then again my hands, wrists and forearms are completely burnt from yesterdays w/o.

I've never used the negative machine, but I'm guessing you could use less weight than that, because the #3 takes much less than 280 pounds of pressure to close it. The ratings given by manufacturers are not accurate.

Haha its 2:1 according to RGC calibrations! On the RGC the #4 cals from 200 to 220 so some people use 100 pounds or so on the secret weapon. But even 100 is way too heavy for most people. If you're in the #3 realm you should be using around 70 pounds.

• 4 weeks later...

Haha its 2:1 according to RGC calibrations! On the RGC the #4 cals from 200 to 220 so some people use 100 pounds or so on the secret weapon. But even 100 is way too heavy for most people. If you're in the #3 realm you should be using around 70 pounds.

Thanks for the info. I just saw this and it coincides with what I have discovered from just using the machine. I'm using 65 lbs at the moment and it is quite challenging.