• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• glengoodwin

• Wade Gillingham

• stevey7

• mightyjoe

the machine joe kinney used for loadable negatives thats what i heard it was called n e way?

can u show me where that contact info is?? id be willing to spend some money on something like that

hey does anyone know where i could get a secret weapon?

We will be carrying them on the Gripper Superstore very soon (1-2 weeks). They will be affordable and low shipping costs.

Wade

[removed]

The zip code is 65102.

We will be carrying them on the Gripper Superstore very soon (1-2 weeks). They will be affordable and low shipping costs.

Wade

What is going to be price for it?

Wade

What is going to be price for it?

I am still working out the details on price and shipping costs. They are back from the painter but a few things still need to be done before they are ready to go on the site. As soon as I have all the details worked out I will post them. The price will be much less than any other commercially available SW that I have seen. Thanks.

ausome wade ive ordered several times now from gripper superstore and its great leme know when u get them in and il order it then, also wondering if u ever plan on selling imtugs and can ya give a general idea of the price??

Edited by glen

ausome wade ive ordered several times now from gripper superstore and its great leme know when u get them in and il order it then, also wondering if u ever plan on selling imtugs and can ya give a general idea of the price??

We might add Tugs next year. There has been some interest from others. I am still working on details on the SW machine price and shipping cost so I don't want to mention anything yet. I have the machines built and almost ready for shipping. I still want to test the production model myself before we put them up (the prototype has worked really good). If there are no problems we will have them up by the end of this week or early next week.

The zip code is 65102.

Joe, this is correct:

[removed]

65102 is a Missouri zip code.

WOW!

I've been sending to 65102 for years.

His return label even has 65102.

I'm really confused now.

Glen,

There's 2 types of people that need Secret Weapons:

1) Those that don't have a grip machine.

2) or those that have a grip machine and can squeeze more weight than

the grip machine will hold.

This is the reason Joe Kinney came up with the Secret Weapon. He could only get

385 lbs. on his grip machine. With the Secret Weapon, because of the leverage factor

involved he could do more resistance without much weight.

In my opinion your money would be better spent on a extended handle gripper (for negatives)

or a grip machine. If you're limted on plates or don't have a grip machine then maybe a Secret Weapon

is for you.

A word of caution. It's easy to injure your wrist with a SW if you're not careful. The angle

of the handle that is welded to the upright is critical for a grip that's natural feeling and

not in a bind as in the SW's that have the welded handle at 90 degrees.

There may be those that disagree and that's their privilege, but this has been my experience.

Hope this helps.

thx for the info joe, and no i dont have a grip machine atm so i think id rather put the money towards a secret weapon which id rather have and in the long run would probably be more beneficial or atleast thats what ive read, or can u provide some links for a grip machine? i have seen some pics but not sure where to actualy get 1

Edited by glen

ahh ok i looked 1 up on ironmind thats quite pricey and shipping to canada would probly cost half of what the machine itself costs

lol, that looks like a pricey investment but i want something of that sort

We might add Tugs next year. There has been some interest from others. I am still working on details on the SW machine price and shipping cost so I don't want to mention anything yet. I have the machines built and almost ready for shipping. I still want to test the production model myself before we put them up (the prototype has worked really good). If there are no problems we will have them up by the end of this week or early next week.

The "Secret Weapon" is now on the site. We will not be shipping these until Monday November 23rd.

http://www.grippersuperstore.com/store.aspx?cat_id=19&prod_id=2001

Wade that's a VERY good price for a machine like that. Well done. Dependant upon shipping to UK I could be quite interested in one of those.

Cheers, Lol

Wade that's a VERY good price for a machine like that. Well done. Dependant upon shipping to UK I could be quite interested in one of those.

Cheers, Lol

Yeah, it about blew my mind when I saw that it also included a loading pin, chain, etc. That's a one-inch loading pin too right? If so, even more awesome. Really, I've never seriously considered getting a secret weapon but now it might be my next grip purchase.

The hook on the arm is 10 inches back from the pivot point so it's roughly 2:1 since the handle is 4.5" long and the swing arm is in the 1 1/2" tube about an inch.

Yep, the loading pin is 1" and works fine with standard plates. The bottom plate is 4" so it works equally well with 2" olympic plates.

Edited by Wade Gillingham

That's very impressive, Wade. I hadn't considered one before, as I've stuck with the old style guillotine grip machine, but I may just have to put your seceret weapon on my list of grip goodies..