Here you go guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH2PenbGM3M

This is the BEST exercise I've found to help develop

your Hook power and Hitting power.

Try it, you'll LOVE it!!! ;)

Hope you enjoy!!!

Live to Arm Wrestle!!!

Edited by Mighty Joe

Just to be clear, the hit power is the power to fight against someone hooking you right?

Yes, especially on "GO"!

Excellent stuff Joe,informational vid.The toproll thing, I saw in one video when Devon Larrat was explaining it.It sure is good exercise.

Appreciate it djukac!

Give it a try. You'll LIKE!

Hi Joe,

I'm doing the exercise with the band for some time, 1-2 years, now (with a kettlebell as weight). I feel, it is more for building up defensive strength to catch someones hit. Could you explain why you mention this as an exercise for an offensive hit?

Thanks,

Flo

I've not thought of this one, I think my grippers do this when I'm not around to get ready to fight me!

Good stuff I'm going to try this exersize out.

Rico

Hi Joe,

I'm doing the exercise with the band for some time, 1-2 years, now (with a kettlebell as weight). I feel, it is more for building up defensive strength to catch someones hit. Could you explain why you mention this as an exercise for an offensive hit?

Thanks,

Flo

It can be both, either you catch the weight or you hit against the weight......

Flo, the exercise reminds me of a safer way to do the Johnny Walker, catching a db exercise to prepare for someone's hit.

Hi Joe,

Thanks,

Flo

Hi Florian,

Both.

A Hit is a Hit. It works either way. Defensive more so, offensive? not as much. Helps either way.

Hope this answers your question.

Stay Strong!!!

@Joe and Felix: thanks for your explanations, I understand.

@Josh: I'm not familiar with Walker's training methods, but I know the exercise where you throw and catch a dumbbell from hand to hand. Ron Bath told me about this exercise, that he likes. You can train your explosive arm strength with this exercises.

Interesting. I really think the band should go around the thumb, especially for toproll specific hit training. When I grip up with a novice, they usually coment on how I am crushing their thumb.

Edited by Puller

@Josh: I'm not familiar with Walker's training methods, but I know the exercise where you throw and catch a dumbbell from hand to hand. Ron Bath told me about this exercise, that he likes. You can train your explosive arm strength with this exercises.

Sounds like the same thing Flo. Maybe Ron taught Johnny or vice versa?

Sounds like the same thing Flo. Maybe Ron taught Johnny or vice versa?

Probably. For sure an old school puller exercise :mosher

I've tried hanging a dumbell in my wrist strap few days ago while my hand was holding a cable handle. I'd ended up ditching the dumbell and went with the 2 cable handles instead. As I hit it a bit violent the bell swing around and about to bump into my shin...no way! The way used was One cable handle attached to my wrist while one is in my hand and just change direction fast but in control mamnner. The cable machine have 2 arms that u can adjust to 2 different angles for both side hit and download. I can pronate with a side hit same time. U can decide how much load each of the 2 angles will give you. Yes, you can attach rubber band to it too. The idea is the same with what Joe's showed. Thanks Joe

thanks joe - another top video & training that anybody can benefit from. i would imagine there is good carry-over to over sports such as judo.

keep them coming, brilliant collection already, super work!

thanks joe - another top video & training that anybody can benefit from. i would imagine there is good carry-over to over sports such as judo.

keep them coming, brilliant collection already, super work!

Thanks JB! I really appreciate that!

Thanks to ALL that have watched by "AW Training Series"! :)

MORE to come soon!!! ;)

Interesting. I really think the band should go around the thumb, especially for toproll specific hit training. When I grip up with a novice, they usually coment on how I am crushing their thumb.

Hi Puller!

You are correct! The band would be better around the thumb. The only reason I didn't do it the video

is because I used a PowerBand that's 1-1/2" wide and and 1/8" thick and with my short thumb I can't

loop it over my thumb comfortably. I have another set-up that allows me to put my thumb through it

and do the same exercise and others. Thanks for making this point. In top rolling and pronation exercises for

arm wrestling the thumb rotates into your opponents palm. Having the cable looped over your thumb mimics this well.

Edited by Mighty Joe