John Brzenk Is Not The Most Dominant Arm Wrestler Of All Time

G-Man

I remember Dot Jones.

I can't ever remember her losing at all.

She beat most of the men at tournaments also.

Incredibly STRONG!!!

I remember Dot Jones.

Incredibly STRONG!!!

I read that she lost only once, as a result of having an injured triceps from shot put.

I remember Dot Jones.

Incredibly STRONG!!!

I read that she lost only once, as a result of having an injured triceps from shot put.

I don't know much about her career or when the article was printed, but a woman named lilia ( whatever her last name was) from lithuania (I think ? ) beat her very easily twice about 3 years ago.

Dot handled everyone else at the event.

The same woman took second in Vegas 05 0r 06

The best female armwrestler ever is Irina Makaeva hands down.

Edited by Florian Kellersmann

That was going to be my next question. Could/Can Dot beat Irina?

If they never pulled, who knows. But I'm pretty sure that the level in female armwrestling is much higher now than 15 years ago, when the article was written.

No disrespect to Irina, but I think Dot at her best would kill her.

At the Yukon Jack tournament, my friend at the time overheard Johnny Walker say even he would not want to pull Dot Jones. I'm sure Walker would have won, but I think it would have looked bad if she "stopped" him. There was also some question among some competitors whether Dot was a man posing as a woman, as it was believed no woman could be that strong.

Edited by G-Man

• 1 month later...

I've seen the Yukon Jack videos, I think in ArmTV, and Dot Jones won every single match in like 0.0001 second, if I'm not mistaken.

She was what, like 6-3" ?? And threw shotput? Do you think the people who do that are not STRONG ???

I've seen the Yukon Jack videos, I think in ArmTV, and Dot Jones won every single match in like 0.0001 second, if I'm not mistaken.

She was what, like 6-3" ?? And threw shotput? Do you think the people who do that are not STRONG ???

Of course she is strong, both at shot put and benching (300 lbs) But that doesnt equal strong at armwrestling; not by todays standards... I am pretty sure of this. But I like a link to those videos though... If you got it? Its important to keep documents of this beautiful sport!

Dot Jones was an incredible armwrestler but she is 45 today and has not trained for AW in 15 years. To be honest, I doubt she ever really trained for AW. If Dot Jones was 20 now and trained today she would still be a dominant force in armwrestling. Her natural gift of strength was incredible. I practice with her back in 1994 when I was in near top form myself. She was every bit as strong as any world class male puller under 165 pounds back then.

Dot Jones was an incredible armwrestler but she is 45 today and has not trained for AW in 15 years. To be honest, I doubt she ever really trained for AW. If Dot Jones was 20 now and trained today she would still be a dominant force in armwrestling. Her natural gift of strength was incredible. I practice with her back in 1994 when I was in near top form myself. She was every bit as strong as any world class male puller under 165 pounds back then.

Bob is right when he say that Dot was natural gifted.. but i think Dot at her best against Irina Makeeva

or Egle Vaitkute in these days is pretty another story... just a number...Egle is a good AWer and can curl

100kg (220lb) barbell at Scott bench, it's a good one for a man... but for a lady is awesome...

See this match at 0:24 http://z6.co.uk/42gq6s )

Irina was not even under effort!.... think about it... and overall think about the improving of

technique there was from 1994 to today...

:bow

Bob is right when he say that Dot was natural gifted.. but i think Dot at her best against Irina Makeeva

or Egle Vaitkute in these days is pretty another story... just a number...Egle is a good AWer and can curl

100kg (220lb) barbell at Scott bench, it's a good one for a man... but for a lady is awesome...

See this match at 0:24 http://z6.co.uk/42gq6s )

Irina was not even under effort!.... think about it... and overall think about the improving of

technique there was from 1994 to today...

Is there any video footage of her doing this? I would imagine it's a quarter rep at best, which is still alien for a female but I have a hard time believing she did a bodybuilder style scott bench curl with 225.

and overall think about the improving of technique there was from 1994 to today...

So does John Brzenk today beat John from 94? Does Devon beat John from 94? Maybe but if yes I would say it's due to superior strength not technique... jmo... this is a very interesting discussion and I have always wondered who is the best ever. Irina or Dot. Maybe Bob should pull Irina and then he can let us know. :)

Josh H.:

I think many strong athletes that are coming back form that years without competing at all could have some real problem due to the evolution of the sport; technique is only ONE aspect of this evolution, strength is obviously another one...

Jad:

I heard about her in person talking with another guy.... but i think (if i've understood well) is only partial.... Can not say more...cause i don't know any more.

:mosher Yeahh... Bob would you sacrifice yourself to the AW cause?? :tongue

• 2 weeks later...

Josh H.:

I think many strong athletes that are coming back form that years without competing at all could have some real problem due to the evolution of the sport; technique is only ONE aspect of this evolution, strength is obviously another one...

Jad:

I heard about her in person talking with another guy.... but i think (if i've understood well) is only partial.... Can not say more...cause i don't know any more.

:mosher Yeahh... Bob would you sacrifice yourself to the AW cause?? :tongue

I think it is a static hold, but not so sure it is done on a scott bench sitting down as curling bb-style... Still, its an impressive feat of strength that many men would not duplicate, and very few women could manage! Egle Vaitkute is the king of feamle aw, no offense on Irina Makeeva who is amzing and beat Egle last year at world challenge but this year my money is on Egle!