How Big Are Your Forearms? Do Grippers Really Get Them Bigger?

KBI

57 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

I sure did notice! Especially how impressive it is he gained nearly 20 kilos and managed to remain vascular with no apparent fat gain. 

Yup, that is exactly what I noticed. I saw the bodyweight increase on his profile updates and went "wait a sec." Let me go look if he's just gaining fat mostly. Nope. 

Some mighty strong forearms in here.

I remember reading many years ago that for bodybuilding purposes, a smaller wrist is preferred as it makes the forearm muscles look bigger when posing. I think maybe wrist size and muscle insertion plays a big role in how much mass you can add to the forearm? I agree with the comparisson to calves: some guys have gone NUTS doing calf work for a couple of years straight, only to "give up" upon finally realizing they'll just never have the big calves some other guys seem to just have naturally without even training them.

But the real reason I wanted to reply was just to say: Senold's forearms (and overal arms, strength, etc.).... just holy cow!!!

My and Khaled's forearms and wrists 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nick K. said:

Weight : 62kg

Forearm size flexed : 35cm

IMG_20210815_193205.thumb.jpg.64030477e44ee66b6ddd72f395051b6b.jpg

Thats a huge forearm and measurement for weighing only 62kg/136lbs. How tall are you?

• Like 2

Just now, mcalpine1986 said:

Thats a huge forearm and measurement for weighing only 62kg/136lbs. How tall are you?

im 182cm tall. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nick K. said:

im 182cm tall. 

Whoa i was expecting someone short. You must have a very low bodyfat level be that weight and height. Are you an arm wrestler? 

• Like 1

Whoa i was expecting someone short. You must have a very low bodyfat level be that weight and height. Are you an arm wrestler? 

No the only workout i do is grippers and some pullups. i want to close 3 with deepset one Day. 

• Like 1

Just now, Nick K. said:

No the only workout i do is grippers and some pullups. i want to close 3 with deepset one Day. 

Impressive. Be sure to work the pushing muscles as well as the extensors and thumb to keep your joints healthy. Dips will complement pullups nicely and help with setting heavier grippers.

• Like 1

Impressive. Be sure to work the pushing muscles as well as the extensors and thumb to keep your joints healthy. Dips will complement pullups nicely and help with setting heavier grippers.

thanks. for tips. my Best gripper close is ghp7 143 at 67kg bodyweight if i remember correct. My coc 3 feels a lot harder than it. i guess it is 150+.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Nick K. said:

thanks. for tips. my Best gripper close is ghp7 143 at 67kg bodyweight if i remember correct. My coc 3 feels a lot harder than it. i guess it is 150+.

You are doing very well so far then. You will be not far off closing a coc3. Some coc 3 rate the same as your GHP 7. 

May i ask Why are you so light in bodyweight and have lost 5kg since then? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

You are doing very well so far then. You will be not far off closing a coc3. Some coc 3 rate the same as your GHP 7. 

May i ask Why are you so light in bodyweight and have lost 5kg since then? 

i was 75kg before one year but didnt like my body,now at 62kg i feel better.i was way less in the past 175cm 45kg (14years old). 

My forearms this A.M. -  not huge but still strong and vascular @ 54 old.

2079727192_frearm2.png.57b1439181d7c005ae18bdce43fabe24.png

1696325744_forearm1.png.bb7ff19b66c45b959ae72954c029809d.png

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Joe Sullivan said:

With some of the strongest wrists connected to em!

Likewise Big Joe! This thread has so many men with fantastic forearm pics - very cool to see. 

• Like 1

Well if everyone else is doing it why not.

after a high volume gripper workout 

9AE144C0-3607-4DB1-8D89-E87632E6E69D.jpeg

40E841BD-4925-4739-9512-058B10898AEE.jpeg

16736FFE-CEBE-460F-B6F4-193E4FB238EA.jpeg

Edited by Nuttgens
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Nuttgens said:

We’ll if everyone else is doing it why not.

after a high volume gripper workout 

9AE144C0-3607-4DB1-8D89-E87632E6E69D.jpeg

40E841BD-4925-4739-9512-058B10898AEE.jpeg

16736FFE-CEBE-460F-B6F4-193E4FB238EA.jpeg

Crazy Vascularity!

• Thanks 1

On topic. Ive just been watching a youtube video of Brian shaw and Jujimufu, they taped Shaws forearms. 18.5" straight and 19.5" goosenecked! Cold and unpumped btw. They must be the biggest muscular forearms ever. His upper arms measured 24" for reference. 

Edited by mcalpine1986

13 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

On topic. Ive just been watching a youtube video of Brian shaw and Jujimufu, they taped Shaws forearms. 18.5" straight and 19.5" goosenecked! Cold and unpumped btw. They must be the biggest muscular forearms ever. His upper arms measured 24" for reference. 

That is big. Forget that, it's gigantic! I only personally know of Levan and Mahdi Abdulvandi the Armwrestlers with bigger forearms. I am sure there are more if we search though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mcalpine1986 said:

I'm not sure if I'll be able to word this correctly for it to make sense but 6 ft 8 400 plus pound brain Shaw s arms look big, even for a man of his size. Like, his arms look disproportionately big even compared to him. In my opinion, obviously. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

That is big. Forget that, it's gigantic! I only personally know of Levan and Mahdi Abdulvandi the Armwrestlers with bigger forearms. I am sure there are more if we search though.

I dont know who mahdi is but levans are stated as being 50cm what is 19.68cm. That is massive, Im guessing goosenecked. Was that pumped do you know? 

Shaws certainly look bigger. Shaws were taped in a very strict style as well. They used length of string placed around and then cut it and measurered how long the string was. The goosenecked meausurement was at a right angle so not pushed against the bicep to inflate the measuement. 

10 hours ago, stranger said:

I'm not sure if I'll be able to word this correctly for it to make sense but 6 ft 8 400 plus pound brain Shaw s arms look big, even for a man of his size. Like, his arms look disproportionately big even compared to him. In my opinion, obviously. 

Yeah they are just huge. Even for 6ft 8in and 400lbs they really are massive. When he is heavier at 450lbs they must be over 20" 

• Like 1

I think grippers done for reps will defintely add some size/definition to your forearms.  The best forearms builders in my opinion will always be wrist curls and reverse grip bicep curls though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joe Sullivan said:

Forearm Friday motivation 

Big Joe, impressive forearms no doubt and bicep's looking sharp too!

On 8/19/2021 at 12:01 AM, mcalpine1986 said:

Yeah they are just huge. Even for 6ft 8in and 400lbs they really are massive. When he is heavier at 450lbs they must be over 20" 

Shaw at one time had arms just under 24”

• Like 1

Youtube recommended this video, which is 11 minutes long but I stopped watching at 6:30 as I think it had no further info on the person it was discussing. I was impressed by his forearms, and the pics must be close to a century old.