1 Arm Axle Deadlift

Guest Bullitt

Alright, wouldn't exactly call it fresh, because while doing Wannagrip's RRBT gripper program, I am never fresh, but at least I hadn't done a gazillion closes today before i tried it (although I did a gazillion Saturday & Sunday).

Honestly, I think the Diesel Crew US Grip Nationals T-shirt gave me extra power. :mosher

190lbs came up really easy. Got 200 up to my knees and aborted. It felt like I might lose it and I really didn't want to drop that much weight on our (OK, my wife's) floor.

190lb 1 Arm Axle DL:

Was able to pull 160 with my left hand for 2 singles. Might have been able to pull 165 or 170, but was pretty happy with 160. Goal is to get my left within 10% of my right while continuing to improve with my strong hand.

You da man, Mike :rock Good stuff.

Thanks guys!!! I may have found a lift I can compete in. :laugh

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• climber511

• nickr104

• knyaz

Great stuff, Mikey!

This brings up something I have wondered about on the difference between 2 hand numbers and one hand numbers. If your hands are very equal - I think your number may be closer to 1/2 your two hand number than if one hand is considerably stronger than the other - your one hand number may show a much bigger difference.

My numbers are pretty equal on both arms. I think this relates back to the majority of kettlebell swings and snatches that I do equally on both arms.

I'll be pulling a 1-arm axle tonight in training to see where I'm at. I think it will be close to 50% of my 2-hand. We'll see.

Mike, your freakin huge!

Rico

Great stuff, Mikey!

Thanks bro. Getting there.

This brings up something I have wondered about on the difference between 2 hand numbers and one hand numbers. If your hands are very equal - I think your number may be closer to 1/2 your two hand number than if one hand is considerably stronger than the other - your one hand number may show a much bigger difference.

My numbers are pretty equal on both arms. I think this relates back to the majority of kettlebell swings and snatches that I do equally on both arms.

I'll be pulling a 1-arm axle tonight in training to see where I'm at. I think it will be close to 50% of my 2-hand. We'll see.

I'm expecting something ridiculously high. Please post what you hit bro. I'm very interested in what "world class" is on this lift.

Mike, your freakin huge!

Rico

That's what she said. ;):laugh

Edited by Bullitt

I told you Mike...! ;)

Strong lift!! :rock

Thanks everyone. And thanks for the motivation manthos! Give this lift a try. If you don't have an axle, give it a shot on an oly bar. Fun stuff!

I got curious about the disparity from hand to hand so I took a stab at it today (been a while and couldn't recall my lefty numbers. I had a solid 10 pound difference between hands, which as I think about it, probably isn't much.

I'm less than 24 hours away from the biggest thick bar feat of my life so I won't shame myself with the numbers I hit today.

I told you Mike...! ;)

Thanks everyone. And thanks for the motivation manthos! Give this lift a try. If you don't have an axle, give it a shot on an oly bar. Fun stuff!

Why not...! I don't have an axle so I'll use an oly bar.

I'm not expecting much....somewhere between 80(176) and 100(220) sounds good.

I told you Mike...! ;)

Why not...! I don't have an axle so I'll use an oly bar.

I'm not expecting much....somewhere between 80(176) and 100(220) sounds good.

No way big guy. You will do much more than that. I have pulled 285 on an oly bar and you are much stronger than me! :rock

I pulled 105kg (left hand) and 95kg (right hand) on my axle this morning.

That's 231.5 lb lefty and 209.5 lb righty for us that haven't figured out the metric system! :bow:bow

Very nice Andrew!!! :rock I knew you were going to blow away what i was doing. Now I have a long term goal to shoot for.

Out of curiosity, are you left handed?

I pulled 105kg (left hand) and 95kg (right hand) on my axle this morning.

Good numbers. I did 102.5-kilos on the 2nd of August 2003. I've no idea what I'd be good for now so will maybe give it a go Saturday. I think, but don't quote me, it was either 90 or 95 left handed.

I am right hand dominate but have found my support grip that is needed for thick bar to be better on my left. Pinch grip goes back and forth between hands depending on injuries and the weather. I was able to break 110kg off the ground to my knees but that was it. I will post a video today hopefully.

Guest Bullitt

OK, so here's the list so far. If I missed anyone, let me know. It would be interesting to find out what everyone can do:

1 Arm Axle Deadlift

Andrew Durniat: 231.5 lbs

Steve Gardener: 226 lbs

Mike Rinderle: 195lbs

CoCfreak1: 125lbs (5 reps)

Edited by Bullitt

I got 213 about 5 inches, 208 almost locked, and got 203. I only have video right now of the 2 misses because that's when I started recording. 208 was real close so close i though I got it but when i watched the video I saw i was a little short.

Edited by nickr104

Guest Bullitt

Nice Nick!!! :rock

1 Arm Axle Deadlift

Nick Rosendaul: 203 lbs

Mike Rinderle: 195 lbs

CoCfreak1: 125 lbs (5 reps)

Guest Bullitt

video of misses

Dude, second one was good. Knee height or above with legs straight. 208 lbs!!!! That's huge bro!!!

1 Arm Axle Deadlift

Nick Rosendaul: 208 lbs

Mike Rinderle: 195 lbs

CoCfreak1: 125 lbs (5 reps)

If you all keep beating my best lifts - I'm going to change the event to rock climbing over a piranha tank :rolleyes

Thanks but I won't be happy till i hold it at lockout. Was able to get 168 left as well.