1 Arm Axle Deadlift

Guest Bullitt

173.59 lb for Scott George at the Muensterland Grip Challenge 2007 in Germany.

DSCF1123.jpg

BR//

--T

Now that is a blast from the past :mosher That was a great contest...good times :mosher

good lifting there!!!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bencrush

• climber511

• nickr104

• knyaz

DSCF1123.jpg

BR//

--T

Now that is a blast from the past :mosher That was a great contest...good times :mosher

Thanks Chad;

it was fantastic to have you here for the comp!

Really good times! I enjoyed the time!

Ben,

I don´t know what's the best of Chris, but i met him this weekend in a powerlifting contest and he showed me a few videos.

He showed me a video lifting 100 kgs -one hand deadlift 2.6 inch bar-

Ben,

I don´t know what's the best of Chris, but i met him this weekend in a powerlifting contest and he showed me a few videos.

Wow! That's a monstrous lift! Essentially a 2 and 5/8" diameter bar. :whacked

Guest Bullitt

Ben,

Wow! That's a monstrous lift! Essentially a 2 and 5/8" diameter bar. :whacked

Yea, that's just STUPID! :whacked Damn, Chris is one strong dude! :mosher

Jose, if you talk to him anytime soon, ask him if he ever tried the 1 arm deadlift on a 2" axle, and if so, how much did he pull? Thanks bro!

Guest Bullitt

An 8 lb jump for Mr. Pekarskiy!!! :mosher

1 Arm Axle Deadlift

Andrew Durniat: 242 lbs

Chad Woodall: 233 lbs

Steve Gardener: 226 lbs

Timo Tuukkanen: 220.5 lbs

Aaron Corcorran: 217 lbs

Ryan Johnson: 213 lbs

Asickber: 213 (both hands)

Nick Rosendaul: 208 lbs

Mike Rinderle: 200 lbs

Jeff Parker: 195 lbs

David Thornton: 190 lbs

Chris Rice: 187

Bob Lipinski: 180 lbs

Scott George: 173.59 lbs

Steve Pekarskiy: 173 lbs

Mike Corlett: 163 lbs

Jason Steeves: 163 lbs

Zach Coulter: 160 lbs

Mike Krahling: 160 lbs

Chuck Carns: 155 lbs

CoCfreak1: 125 lbs (5 reps)

DSCF1123.jpg

BR//

--T

"Adding an American flair to the lift, Scott George coordinates his shirt with the plates while showing a little skin"

Well, big mistake for me! I thought it was odd that I was so far up the list when I KNEW I shouldn't be!! With Bob mentioning Dave being lower than he thought it really got me thinking beacuse I KNOW that I can't beat Dave at anything grip related. Due to me adding up the weights on my axle the way I normally do if I was in a gym, IE assuming that the bar weighs 45lbs, I am actually at a max lift of 160lbs with my new setup that is 6ft long.

Sorry, wasn't trying to cheat, just an honest mistake that I'm glad I figured out before I tried to pull 195 at Gripmas and find it surprisingly stuck to the floor!

Guest Bullitt

I pulled a very controlled 148lbs on a 2.5" bar if that counts? Looking to do some more on a 2" rig next week.

Cheers, Lol

That's a huge pull on a 2.5" bar mate. Make sure you post what you do on the 2" so I can add you to the list.

Well, big mistake for me! I thought it was odd that I was so far up the list when I KNEW I shouldn't be!! With Bob mentioning Dave being lower than he thought it really got me thinking beacuse I KNOW that I can't beat Dave at anything grip related. Due to me adding up the weights on my axle the way I normally do if I was in a gym, IE assuming that the bar weighs 45lbs, I am actually at a max lift of 160lbs with my new setup that is 6ft long.

Sorry, wasn't trying to cheat, just an honest mistake that I'm glad I figured out before I tried to pull 195 at Gripmas and find it surprisingly stuck to the floor!

Haha. No problem. I do that every once in a while. I'll make the change.

Guest Bullitt

With corrections. :)

1 Arm Axle Deadlift

Andrew Durniat: 242 lbs

Chad Woodall: 233 lbs

Steve Gardener: 226 lbs

Timo Tuukkanen: 220.5 lbs

Aaron Corcorran: 217 lbs

Ryan Johnson: 213 lbs

Asickber: 213 (both hands)

Nick Rosendaul: 208 lbs

Mike Rinderle: 200 lbs

David Thornton: 190 lbs

Chris Rice: 187

Bob Lipinski: 180 lbs

Scott George: 173.59 lbs

Steve Pekarskiy: 173 lbs

Mike Corlett: 163 lbs

Jason Steeves: 163 lbs

Zach Coulter: 160 lbs

Mike Krahling: 160 lbs

Jeff Parker: 160 lbs

Chuck Carns: 155 lbs

CoCfreak1: 125 lbs (5 reps)

• 1 month later...

Here's a few more Gripmas training attempts:

218-228%2Baxle%2B1HDL%2Batts.jpg

You can click on the "my videos" link in my signature for video of these attempts.

Please excuse my Bill Belicheck-inspired training ensemble; my Under Armour gear was in the wash. :whistel

How is the Inch training coming along Bob?

Rex, the Axle 1HDL was my Inch-related training for several weeks. I pulled 232 in plates on the RT last week, but dropped it before I could set it down.

I'm going to focus on strengthening my wrists and a few other weaknesses; it seems the Inch will find any weakness you have and attack it.

If you consider that I pulled just a few pounds less on the Axle 1HDL (198) than most of the Open competitors at Gripmas: (not including Woodall w/ 236.5, of course)-Dave Thornton and Brad Ardrey 214.5, Jedd 209: all who've pulled the Inch, I'll get it done-probably when I least expect it.

Rex, the Axle 1HDL was my Inch-related training for several weeks. I pulled 232 in plates on the RT last week, but dropped it before I could set it down.

I'm going to focus on strengthening my wrists and a few other weaknesses; it seems the Inch will find any weakness you have and attack it.

If you consider that I pulled just a few pounds less on the Axle 1HDL (198) than most of the Open competitors at Gripmas: (not including Woodall w/ 236.5, of course)-Dave Thornton and Brad Ardrey 214.5, Jedd 209: all who've pulled the Inch, I'll get it done-probably when I least expect it.

I'm kind of like Hubgeezer insofar as I prefer working with RT diameters mainly, but I can see how a 2" diameter would involve some good fiber recruitment for someone with an average size hand. Those with average size hands are pretty restricted with the weights they can work with for a 2.5" handle, unless they really restrict the range of motion (RT). But at 2" you can increase the weight appreciably above Inch weight (175ish) without limiting range of motion. Sounds like a good plan.

I'm kind of like Hubgeezer insofar as I prefer working with RT diameters mainly, but I can see how a 2" diameter would involve some good fiber recruitment for someone with an average size hand. Those with average size hands are pretty restricted with the weights they can work with for a 2.5" handle, unless they really restrict the range of motion (RT). But at 2" you can increase the weight appreciably above Inch weight (175ish) without limiting range of motion. Sounds like a good plan.

I've played around a little bit with using speed as well, but not much yet. I've been doing some axle high pulls. I just moved from the 2" to a 2.5" axle w/ these.

I think I may make a run later this year utilizing an "Inch speed day" alternated with more normal thickbar work. This might help recruit some different muscle fibers.

Who knows, some weakness I address may be enough to put me over the top. It could be speed work, wrist (levering especially), thin pinch (to help w/ thumb pressure) or _________? Heck, I might even need some type of isometric work, as it seems I can get a surprising amount of weight airborne, but don't hang on as long as I'd like to.