The Texas Horseshoe Twisters

EricMilfeld

I just wanted to drop in and say that competitive horseshoe bending is not dead. Eric has done us all a great favor over the years. He helped turn bending from being an obscure and unverified pass time to the accurately measurable competitive sport that it is today. And we owe him greatly for it!

I've taken it upon myself to create a new Top 20-list of horseshoe benders over at www.steelbenders.org. This list contains a few more shoes than the old Texas one did. And EVERYONE who bends horseshoes should go there and check it out.

While the list will be kept on the other site, you are still free to post your bending videos here on Gripboard, but please PM me about it. Simple rules are that I can't put a bend on the list unless I know about it.

Good luck in your training

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hey guys,

I'm very new to bending but I armwrestled & trained regular grip training for a few years so I have a pretty solid strength base.

How hard is the transition from bending short steel/ nails to bending horseshoes? Once I bend the RED & get cert I'm gonna go after some shoes! Thanks for yer input!

Robert

Hey guys,

I'm very new to bending but I armwrestled & trained regular grip training for a few years so I have a pretty solid strength base.

How hard is the transition from bending short steel/ nails to bending horseshoes? Once I bend the RED & get cert I'm gonna go after some shoes! Thanks for yer input!

Robert

Robert, you should really check out steelbenders.org. There is a section for braced bending that includes horseshoes. My short answer, it is a completely different animal.

Copy that Mike. .. will do man! I love nails but bending horse shoes seems rugged as hell!

Mike's right bud. It is night and day with it being a fully braced feat.

If you are looking for a resource to get you started, check out Hammering Horseshoes in my sig.

Thanks,

Jedd

• Like 1

Thanks for the support, Mike. Please take note that my sites are down now due to server issues, so the sales page can not be viewed through the regular link. If you have questions, please PM me. I can get you any info you might need.

Thanks,

Jedd

• Like 1

Thanks guys.. Awesome info!

Btw Mike that vid was freaking awesome sir! That's the biggest shoe I've ever seen bent... that guy Jason is an animal! !

amazing !!!!

Yeah Bergmann showed up on the scene and really set a new standard. He didn't just rely on his obviously insane strength, but made a careful, patient study of the technique. What is even more amazing is that Mike Rinderle and Wiggy are right there with him.

• 2 years later...

Hi all!

The last post is quite some years old, but is this list still alive? If so, I would order some of the shoes and would try to bend them. 

Thanks!

Carl

:-)

On September 25, 2010 at 11:52 AM, David_wigren said:

I just wanted to drop in and say that competitive horseshoe bending is not dead. Eric has done us all a great favor over the years. He helped turn bending from being an obscure and unverified pass time to the accurately measurable competitive sport that it is today. And we owe him greatly for it!

I've taken it upon myself to create a new Top 20-list of horseshoe benders over at www.steelbenders.org. This list contains a few more shoes than the old Texas one did. And EVERYONE who bends horseshoes should go there and check it out.

While the list will be kept on the other site, you are still free to post your bending videos here on Gripboard, but please PM me about it. Simple rules are that I can't put a bend on the list unless I know about it.

Good luck in your training

42 minutes ago, camz said:

Hi all!

The last post is quite some years old, but is this list still alive? If so, I would order some of the shoes and would try to bend them. 

Thanks!

Carl

:-)

This list has been inactive for years.  Ivan started another list here, that was a combination carryover from BendersBattlefield.  Read the next thread under this.  

6 hours ago, Buccos1 said:

This list has been inactive for years.  Ivan started another list here, that was a combination carryover from BendersBattlefield.  Read the next thread under this.  

Alright, thanks for clarification! I've found the other thread already.