The Texas Horseshoe Twisters

EricMilfeld

I improved my standing on the Tornado list with a St. Croix Plain Regular #3. These are tougher than the Diamond Special #5 shoes, just enough to be noticeable. Though I've bent this shoe before, this was the first time I did it in pads 1.25" or less. I'm uploading the video to Youtube right now.

David Wigren is now a F2 Tornado bender with his recent easy bend of a Kerckhaert SSP #3 (22mmx8mm). Congrats, David!

I improved slightly on the Tornado list with a St. Croix Plain Regular #000. It's just a bit thicker and slightly tougher than the Diamond Bronco #000.

Also, in addition to the Diamond Special #5, the St. Croix X-tra #5 is classified as a Tornado F3.

I improved slightly on the Tornado list with a St. Croix Plain Regular #000. It's just a bit thicker and slightly tougher than the Diamond Bronco #000.

Also, in addition to the Diamond Special #5, the St. Croix X-tra #5 is classified as a Tornado F3.

Great stuff Eric. On to the F5. You must have a hard time finding shoes you can't bend

Great stuff Eric. On to the F5. You must have a hard time finding shoes you can't bend

Thanks, David! I've got a Diamond Mule shoe that still laughs at me. The Anvil Brand #6 is one heck of a beast, too. I need to try it again now and see if I can get it started.

Thanks, David! I've got a Diamond Mule shoe that still laughs at me. The Anvil Brand #6 is one heck of a beast, too. I need to try it again now and see if I can get it started.

If you manage to kink that AB #6 you should be able to bend it completly. Unless the weird size gets you. That shoe is big, more like an #8 than a #6. I noticed while kinking it, it worked better if i turned the shoe slightly clockwise. So that not only the very bottom of the shoe is braced along the thigh but a portion of the shoes leg is supported as well. That way I was able to generate more force into the shoe without it twisting out of position.

If you manage to kink that AB #6 you should be able to bend it completly. Unless the weird size gets you. That shoe is big, more like an #8 than a #6. I noticed while kinking it, it worked better if i turned the shoe slightly clockwise. So that not only the very bottom of the shoe is braced along the thigh but a portion of the shoes leg is supported as well. That way I was able to generate more force into the shoe without it twisting out of position.

I will try that!

Man Eric that is phenominal! I can't immagine bending a shoe that small and that thick!

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't think of this earlier, but it's such an obvious question. Where is the line drawn for when a shoe is a dust devil or a tornado? Wich size?

Stew took a shot at a PL000 last weekend at the day of Strength, but it locked up just past 90. That's a tough little shoe!!

Those little shoes are crazy! ive never tried one but just got one today in the post from Eric!! my hands hardly fit on the legs! haha

I didn't think of this earlier, but it's such an obvious question. Where is the line drawn for when a shoe is a dust devil or a tornado? Wich size?

I'm sort of playing it by ear as shoes become available for inclusion on the list. Right now there is a distinct difference in the two sizes. I'd like to try and keep it this way.

Nick Rosendaul is now a F3 Tornado Twister having swept away the Diamond Special #5 horseshoe. Congratulations, Nick!

• 4 months later...

St. Croix Plain Lite "00"

St. Croix Plain Lite "00" I was just messing around after a workout thinking i will just take a shot. It started moving and I got it just past 180 under time I think. The only problem was I didn't have my cam with me. Oh well. :cry

St. Croix Plain Lite "00"

St. Croix Plain Lite "00" I was just messing around after a workout thinking i will just take a shot. It started moving and I got it just past 180 under time I think. The only problem was I didn't have my cam with me. Oh well. :cry

Nick now that you've done it, It will be easy to repeat

Nice bend, Nick!

Nice work Nick! I was going to try that other 000PL last night after my workout but was to tired decided to save it till fresh. Still not sure I can get it those stupid things are hard and thick props out to Eric for doing that one.

very nice bend Nick !!!

Greg Griffin has taken down a St. Croix Lite Rim "00" in rather easy fashion. Congratulations, Greg!

Nice bend, Greg! Looks like that was just a teaser though - you had that one done in no time! ;)

Congratulations Greg, you made qiuck work out of that shoe

David Wigren has now received some of his due credit for his horseshoe prowess. David is an officially certified F4 Dust Devil of the Texas Twister variety! :yikes

Now we need an F5...

Thanks Eric! Yes we do need an F5 now. I've PM'd you a few ideas of that. But I seem to recall that you mentioned some mule shoe before. I looked around online and found the st croix Mule 000. Which seems to share the same thickness and width as the st croix reg 000 but at the same time be a little smaller in dimension. Was this the shoe you where talking about earlier. if not, regardless it seems by the numbers to be a good candidate for a potentional F5

Edited by David_wigren

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock