Sign in to follow this  
EricMilfeld

Documentary About Stanless Steel

EJ Livesey

I'll give him a call. Thank you for that

EJ Livesey

I gave him a call tonight. Talked to him for about an hour. It was like catching up with an old friend. I really like that Stanley fella. We know a lot of the same people. It was very cool. I hope to talk to him again soon.

Edited by EJ Livesey
  • Like 4

Hubgeezer

I gave him a call tonight. Talked to him for about an hour. It was like catching up with an old friend. I really like that Stanley fella. We know a lot of the same people. It was very cool. I hope to talk to him again soon.

I called Stan tonight. HIs first words were "I like the guy. We're friends!"

I wrote an article about Stan in the March 2010 MILO. It opens with a description of being outside of a movie theater in LA, Stan politely chatting with some movie goers while the Director tries to orchestrate a PR moment with them. I finish the opening paragraph with the line "How can you not love Stanless Steel?" He is a unique guy.

• Like 2

king crusher

When are we gonna see Stan and EJ perform dueling penny bends face to face, growling?

But really, bending a penny seems crazy. Ej you should try on film.

P.s I thought the movie, overall, was fairly decent for what it was.

EJ Livesey

When are we gonna see Stan and EJ perform dueling penny bends face to face, growling?

But really, bending a penny seems crazy. Ej you should try on film.

P.s I thought the movie, overall, was fairly decent for what it was.

Let's not get ahead of our selves here the pennies I have wobbled were 70+ years old when the copper content was higher and the pennies were much much weaker than today's. These are the same pennies Tommy Jennings bent with his teeth. I just recently tried a 2008 penny at work and my thumb turned purple and swelled.

king crusher

Ouch yeah try with some old wheat pennies. But not Indian heads those are too cool now.

Hubgeezer

I received a call from Stan about a week ago. It had been about a year since I spoke to him. 

We talked about the lack of an AOBS Dinner this past October and lamented about that. 

We talked about the Stark Center get together in Austin in late October that neither of us attended, but we knew a few people who attended. We didn't talk too much about strength, but we did some. 

He told me that he loved the movie "Free Solo" about Alex Honnold's quest to climb El Capitan. Makes complete sense that Stan would love that movie: A documentary about an obsessed man to do something that no one else had ever done. 

He said that immediately after the movie, he wrote a song called The Big Mountain, and his band, Ajammination recorded it. He asked that I post it on the Gripboard. Keep in mind that the strength of the band is for the three instrumentalists to jam. I suppose in some ways their style could be called "Free Solo". Here it is:

• Like 1

EricMilfeld

Very cool!