#3 Race

JayPierce

Good attempt Jay, don't give up and that biach will go down! Keep working it cuz I'm not far behind you and hot on your heals brother :mosher

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayPierce

• tchcalvin

• griparrayxp

• thehardway

The set is impossible to see but I did this on june 22nd. my wife helped with the video and it was her first time. I really need to improve on my camera skills.

I really can't tell if that was closed, Calvin, but it was definitely closer than mine!

I really can't tell if that was closed, Calvin, but it was definitely closer than mine!

It was definitely closed.

The set looked to be very narrow, although mostly obscured by the setting hand you can see by the angle of the handles next to the spring that it was narrower than parallel, not quite a set and hold but not far off.

Definitely closed though.

:)

I really need to work on setting and holding the gripper. I have a tendency of setting to parallel and the exploding on the gripper. This typically doesn't allow for my free hand to not get out of the way.

almost got six with the 'big' #2.5 today, right-handed. Left was extremely weak today for some reason. Gonna try the 3 again next week

• 2 months later...

Finally got the 3 closed for two good singles on Sunday! Now I just need to get it on film.

I learned a very valuable lesson recently: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME TRAINING SUB-OPTIMALLY. I think it took me much longer to shut the 3 than it should have because I was training them in the morning, when I knew I was weaker. After being so close for so long, I was getting frustrated. Deciding to bring my grippers home and train them in conjunction with my bench and squat workouts was something I should have done long ago. I used the same workouts, but got much better results. Three weeks of training OPTIMALLY got me farther than six months of training the way I used to.

When I shut it, I thought I had grabbed the wrong gripper. It was so easy, I thought I was holding my weaker #2.5.

Finally got the 3 closed for two good singles on Sunday! Now I just need to get it on film.

I learned a very valuable lesson recently: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME TRAINING SUB-OPTIMALLY. I think it took me much longer to shut the 3 than it should have because I was training them in the morning, when I knew I was weaker. After being so close for so long, I was getting frustrated. Deciding to bring my grippers home and train them in conjunction with my bench and squat workouts was something I should have done long ago. I used the same workouts, but got much better results. Three weeks of training OPTIMALLY got me farther than six months of training the way I used to.

When I shut it, I thought I had grabbed the wrong gripper. It was so easy, I thought I was holding my weaker #2.5.

Nice job bro :mosher

Thanks, guys. I should be able to get the cert vid done on Sunday. Are we doing all of the certs through GripCerts.com now? Or are the MM certs still being submitted here?

Thanks, guys. I should be able to get the cert vid done on Sunday. Are we doing all of the certs through GripCerts.com now? Or are the MM certs still being submitted here?

I wasn't aware that Gripcerts was open for general submissions yet?:erm

MM certs are still done here. Just send it in to Wannagrip instead of making the vid public.

MM certs are still done here. Just send it in to Wannagrip instead of making the vid public.

Awesome, thanks.

Shite. Failed again. I think I got it closed on the second attempt today, but you can't really see it in the vid because I was straining so hard I didn't have any concentration left to pay attention to the camera.

Oh, well. Nothing to do but keep trying!

Shite. Failed again. I think I got it closed on the second attempt today, but you can't really see it in the vid because I was straining so hard I didn't have any concentration left to pay attention to the camera.

Oh, well. Nothing to do but keep trying!

Keep going, you'll be owning that #3 in time :mosher

Dang a year ago I would have been looking to ride this with you guys... but I switch to high reps when I stated NS-ing the 2.5 and now I can hardly get a good NS on the 1.5... despite doing close to 30 reps on the 1 if I do parallel reps. I'm going to start training hard and see if I can catch up (I know its a really long shot lol.)

EDIT*** mmm just thought about the fact I'm 2 grippers behind ATM, so NVM. Was too excited to be in on the game.

If I make some fast jumps I'll be in otherwise, I'll observe :)

Edited by The Steve Train