#3 Race

JayPierce

I just closed my BBGM from parallel, but it was put in a choker. It was an easy close. Anyway it was the first time I managed to do this. Looks like I`m getting results from doing doubles with the SM.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JayPierce

• tchcalvin

• griparrayxp

• thehardway

Just ordered my #3 a couple minutes ago so hope to get it this next week. The only gripper I have right now (or have ever touched for that matter) is my #2 and I can hit that for 21 no-set reps with my right hand. I'm not sure what to expect from the #3 but I know it will be damn tough. Can't wait for it to come!

figured id join in this thread too. im currently working with a filed 2.5 (very close to closing it). 3-4 sets of heavy negatives twice a week seems optimal for me, although every 4-5 weeks ill skip a day and do either an attempt on a heavier gripper, or just some light work with a 1.5 or 2, and my grip machine.

good luck to all trying to close the 3, im sure we'll all get there soon enough!

I gust gave the #3 a go again today......after repping my 2.5 X5, then my NRB240 X3, my RB260 X2............I came within an 1/8th with on my #3....oh well....felt real good....just think I ran outta juice, I will be trying agian next Sunday though, thats for sure, good luck the rest of you :D

Gonna try to close the #3 by the end of the month, atm i can tns a 2 and 2.5 with both hands and i haven't attempted to close a 3 so no clue to how far off i am

Gonna try to close the #3 by the end of the month, atm i can tns a 2 and 2.5 with both hands and i haven't attempted to close a 3 so no clue to how far off i am

If you can TNS a 2.5, I'm sure you can crush a #3.

i am gonna try and take a video of it some time this weekend just waiting for my hands to heal up, lower to middle of my palm is so sore was training doing as many singles with a CoC #2 taking a break between a single every one minute do you think this is a good way to train for the #3 ?

You seem to be a bit stronger than me on grippers, so take my advice with a grain of salt, but I think you'd do better training with the 2.5. Especially if you're doing singles.

Just as an update on my training, I had a moment of clarity (rare) the other day. I said "self, if your trying to work on your set, you need to set more often". Duh, I know. But the great idea that came out of it was: Clusters! I just alternate hands with every rep. It allows me to get more volume with heavy grippers, and I have to set each rep.

We'll see if this gets me past the last 1/4" on the #3 quicker.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i am gonna try and take a video of it some time this weekend just waiting for my hands to heal up, lower to middle of my palm is so sore was training doing as many singles with a CoC #2 taking a break between a single every one minute do you think this is a good way to train for the #3 ?

It is A way and there are a lot to gain strength. As long as you make improvements, stick with it. Anyway, if you can close a # 2.5, use it more often. To be able to close a # 3 you'll have to work with grippers easier AND stronger than a # 3. Easier ones will help you master the setting, set milestones and get confidence. Stronger ones will help you force your hands to adapt to huge workouts and get strength in return.

It is A way and there are a lot to gain strength. As long as you make improvements, stick with it. Anyway, if you can close a # 2.5, use it more often. To be able to close a # 3 you'll have to work with grippers easier AND stronger than a # 3. Easier ones will help you master the setting, set milestones and get confidence. Stronger ones will help you force your hands to adapt to huge workouts and get strength in return.

I absolutely agree with this advice. I was stuck at around 1/8" away from closing the #3 for many frustrating months until i started trying reps on the 2.5. I closed the 3 when i could do 4 - 5 reps on it.

Here is my BBGM close. This was my best effort today. I had a grip workout yesterday but I couldn't resist. I freeze framed it and zoomed in and everything. I am positive I got it bumped closed.....very close to the #3!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsRNK-90R0s

Good job there, brudda! Nice close!

Looking forward to making a strong attempt this weekend after two weeks off from grip work.

• 8 months later...

Wow... has it really been over nine months?!?!? Has nobody won this thing yet???

I'm damn close to getting it. I have recently blasted 8 reps on my average #2.5, and almost got 5 on my hard #2.5 (hasn't been cleaned and oiled in forever).

I've tried all kinds of stuff... BFN's, heavy singles, high reps... nothing worked better than just repping in the 2-8 range three times a week with moderate volume.

Haven't attempted the #3 in several months. Gonna give it a go on Friday, between sets of squats. Gotta make sure to get the vid, 'cause I think I can finally close it.

Just checked the MM0 certs, and none of your names are on it.

Roll Call:

EeroR

thehardway

knyaz

griparrayxp

tchcalvin

DannyGrip

huntca

turbinepro

Vice

indiladhar

leonidas

If any of you are gonna win this, you better get to smashin' with the tape rolling. I'm closing it Friday. :D

Edited by JayPierce

Go get it Jay! I'll join your race although there's no way I'll be closing it by Friday. Maybe in 2 or 3 weeks it'll be going down. I get closer each workout.

way to go Jay, its cool that someone has worked on it and will get it !!! close that 3

Aaaaargh! So close! I'll put the vid up later, but there is definitely some daylight between the handles.

If I had done a better job of setting it on the first attempt, I think it would have shut. Got better sets on the next two attempts, but still didn't get it.

Tried to post the vid, but it says I can't upload that type of file. My camera encodes in mp4. Anything I can do?

Tried to post the vid, but it says I can't upload that type of file. My camera encodes in mp4. Anything I can do?

Upload to youtube and post a link.