Richard Lupkes

fightertrainer

Dan, great words. I know everyone has opinions so I don't usually argue with opinions. But please take in account that John beat Rich about 2-3 times while being outweighed by nearly 100 pounds, literally. And I'm not talking about pounds of flab as you know, Richard was 300+ and RIPPED while John competed int he 198# class.

I say this because while you say you would have liked to see Rich taking his AW to another level... I would have absolutely LOVED to see John Brzenk bulk up and become a huge monster. He never got huge. Once in 2006 or so he got up to 235 or so and people were commenting on how big he looked. If this sport had money in it, I wonder what a 270# Brzenk with 20 inch arms would have done with the competition.... seeing what a 198-215 John did already.... LOL. He would also still be dominating with authority I bet, because he would have probably gotten less injuries had the strength gap been even bigger than it was already! Again, just an opinion. I don't think Mr. Lupkes had any more room to grow any muscle at his ginormous size already!! That is why I think like this.

^THIS! You're probably talking single digit losses over a 25 year career if he'd stayed at 198# the entire time.

I just read that Richard won the Grand Masters 100+ kg right hand class at WAF Worlds. He also has an upcoming supermatch in a few days.

This wasn't really a challenge for him. He can compete with the seniors!

• 3 weeks later...

this is a good clip could be clearer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=At49BvtBsTs looks like 130lb side hammer curls :cry guys a machine

I would guess 140-pounds (12 x 10 plus 7.5 x 2 plus five pound bar - or more). Wish it was clearer too but I downloaded it as a flash and YouTube doesn't accept flash files so I recorded the computer monitor.

Edited by G-Man

this is a good clip could be clearer http://www.youtube.c...h?v=At49BvtBsTs looks like 130lb side hammer curls :cry guys a machine

I would guess 140-pounds (12 x 10 plus 7.5 x 2 plus five pound bar - or more). Wish it was clearer too but I downloaded it as a flash and YouTube doesn't accept flash files so I recorded the computer monitor.

great clip Gman at least i got to see it anymore CLIPS on richard add them to this i think i saw every one on youtube until you loaded this

great clip Gman at least i got to see it anymore CLIPS on richard add them to this i think i saw every one on youtube until you loaded this

Thanks - I wish I had more but everything else has been posted by others on YouTube. Josh's clips of him from this year's World's were pretty good.

• 4 weeks later...

This guy is a monster!!! Freakish numbers. But I'd like to see the ROM of these chin-ups with 200# at a BW of 318#...

This guy is a monster!!! Freakish numbers. But I'd like to see the ROM of these chin-ups with 200# at a BW of 318#...

You may ask his son Joshua over the NE-board. He may upload a video.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

What atremendous athlete !!

Super strong and in great shape !!

An inspiration for me.

I wish i can be as half as strong as Mr Lupkes , my new goal !!

• 3 months later...

01.13.2012 Las Vegas

Arsen Liliev (Russia) vs Richard Lupkes (USA)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most American arm wrestlers seem to be from born and raised on farms... Has anybody made this same observation before?

Richard isn't any weaker any now than he used to be. He's just as strong as when he was in his prime.

i guess you are kidding here! Even Lupkes would disagree with you.

Finally we can hear it out of his own mouth! Watch 1:20 !

I never believed that you can be much stronger when you are mid 50s or almost 60, except you have never trained hard before. Every elite level athlete will lose strange compared to his 20s and 30s or 40s...

Edited by Schweinemann