Richard Lupkes

fightertrainer

check it here:

http://www.worldofarmwrestling.com/index.p...ge&Itemid=1

Back then he AWed very explosive, with in your face manner sometimes. But he seems to have mellowed down quite a bit, and his statements are all way very humble of late. Yes, he'd used toproll technic back then too

I think he has been dealing with alot of injuries as of late plus if im not mistaking he's in his mid 50's. I want to be half that bad in 10 year's lol ! :rock

Edited by big nasty

I hope so because if he was pissed off he'd probably be the closest real-life thing there is to the Incredible Hulk

also the size of his delts lats and traps has to add in all that power

If I heard correctly Rich is also fixing to have back surgery.

Pretty sure he had a pretty bad car reck a few months back. JH could verify wether or not that's correct I think.

SOME ONE KNOW HIS CURL AND BENCH STATS YEARS BACK AND NOW ? :D OR ANY OTHER LIFTS

In the past 12 months:

tore bicep in half - doc repaired and said maybe 40%

head on colision 70mph, concusion, torn pec, 3 nights in hospital

ruptured disc - surgery two weeks ago - removed part of disc and vertebrae

pnemonia

Doc couldn't believe he could even stand up at the time he pulled Ron.

In the past 12 months:

pnemonia

wade do you armwrestle him training or all out and how do you do if you want to say i dont want to start a small war against you too :blush and that explanes why he didnt do as well as i thought in that pull off

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

I'm not positive but I think I heard him say on armtv that he just armwrestles for fun now, although he wants to win of course and wants to go to Worlds next year, I don't think he's as serious as he used to be. He told me he'd just stick to the masters class but his son won't let him stop pulling the open class (thankfully, imho, because he's way to good to be pulling just masters!).

Don't really know any lifting stats but his son said he used to put a weight belt with 300 lbs. on and do dips and is close to doing that again, and he weighs 315 lbs. currently so total weight he can dip over 600 lbs.

Edited by Josh H

In the past 12 months:

pnemonia

wade do you armwrestle him training or all out and how do you do if you want to say i dont want to start a small war against you too :blush and that explanes why he didnt do as well as i thought in that pull off

We've trained a few times. He pretty much dominates me although I am starting to make some progress against his left and can feel some give in his fingers right but my wrist isn't strong enough to do anything with it.

Edited by Wade Gillingham

• 1 year later...

has anyone found anything new about richard lupkes he ranks up there to me with john as two of my favorite strong arms and did richard and john ever meet up in richards prime

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

John and Ricahrd gripped up a few times in the late '80s (the time many consider to have been Richard's prime). They first pulled at the Over The Top Championships in Las Vegas in 1986. John won that match. In 1988, they pulled twice at the Reno International event, and Richard won both matches. Later that year, at the World Wristwrestling Championships in Petaluma, they pulled once again and John won that time. I'm not sure if they pulled each other any other times in that era.

John and Ricahrd gripped up a few times in the late '80s (the time many consider to have been Richard's prime). They first pulled at the Over The Top Championships in Las Vegas in 1986. John won that match. In 1988, they pulled twice at the Reno International event, and Richard won both matches. Later that year, at the World Wristwrestling Championships in Petaluma, they pulled once again and John won that time. I'm not sure if they pulled each other any other times in that era.

I know of no other times these 2 pulled than the ones you listed.

John told me personally that Richard and Scott Norton were the 2 strongest

individuals he's ever went up against.

John beat him 3 times, I believe:

1. In Over the Top.

2. In Petaluma.

3. In Chicago for the Yukon Jack, they faced twice: Rich won the first and John won the second time. After this match Rich withdrew from the tourney with a shoulder injury.

John told me this himself. He also said Rich beat him about 3 times as well: In Reno, in a small tourney in Canada, and in that Yukon Jack where Rich won the first match and then lost the second. I think this was before that Arnold's, was it 2008 or so? Where they faced again and Rich won after a rather long match. I'd argue John's shape was not stellar at this Arnold's though, and he was pretty light too. But I guess that would still put them at 4-3 in favor of Rich??

• 4 weeks later...

I just read that Richard won the Grand Masters 100+ kg right hand class at WAF Worlds. He also has an upcoming supermatch in a few days.

he is a great armwrestler and had the best build to start with his sholders and lat spread is what i think is his biggest foundation he had to work from added wrist and arm strength he was is a great armwrestler if he would of taken his career to the level john did i would of liked to of seen that . and what makes him different to me is in his videos what few there are he lets everyong hit and he enjoys the pull looks them in the eyes and pins them my three best armwrestlers are in order richard , john ,and ,cleve ,thats just heavys if i was in his caliber of armwrestling and had a supermatch and was younger like most of the guys that have beat him it would mean nothing to me knowing he is not on top of his game as he once was

Dan, great words. I know everyone has opinions so I don't usually argue with opinions. But please take in account that John beat Rich about 2-3 times while being outweighed by nearly 100 pounds, literally. And I'm not talking about pounds of flab as you know, Richard was 300+ and RIPPED while John competed int he 198# class.

I say this because while you say you would have liked to see Rich taking his AW to another level... I would have absolutely LOVED to see John Brzenk bulk up and become a huge monster. He never got huge. Once in 2006 or so he got up to 235 or so and people were commenting on how big he looked. If this sport had money in it, I wonder what a 270# Brzenk with 20 inch arms would have done with the competition.... seeing what a 198-215 John did already.... LOL. He would also still be dominating with authority I bet, because he would have probably gotten less injuries had the strength gap been even bigger than it was already! Again, just an opinion. I don't think Mr. Lupkes had any more room to grow any muscle at his ginormous size already!! That is why I think like this.

Richard isn't any weaker any now than he used to be. He's just as strong as when he was in his prime.

i guess you are kidding here! Even Lupkes would disagree with you.

He has said before that his lifts aren't any weaker than when he was younger. He doesn't seem as aggressive at the table as in the past though. He beat Brzenk at the 2008 Arnold's, so I'd say he's as strong as ever.

He has said before that his lifts aren't any weaker than when he was younger. He doesn't seem as aggressive at the table as in the past though. He beat Brzenk at the 2008 Arnold's, so I'd say he's as strong as ever.

i agree the body is a strange thing that can surprise us at times if someone wants it more than the next guy and trains right and often it is possible to get stronger at an older age im guessing maybe he never hit is max potential years ago when he quit armwrestling for what ever reason and now he is getting close or surpassing his best prs