# 2

tomfitz

how long did it take most here to close the # 2 ?. i got it to about 1/8th of an inch out of the bag. i've been training grip for about 4 months or so and just want to compare my progress. thanks.

5 reps out of the bag with the #2. I don't have a #2 anymore since I filed the handles down at 3 inches. The former #2 is now a 2.7 or 2.8.

I'm at the same point as you but with the #3. This 1/8 seems like forever to close.

Train hard and you'll do it pretty soon.

Guest GripMonster

I got my #2 a few weeks after getting my #1, and at that point I closed it for 7 reps.  Two friends of mine have also closed it after a few months of very irregular training (neither did any grip work during the summer).  A friend of mine in Bulgaria closed my #2 on his second or third attempt and then held it shut for 3 sets of 20 seconds with either hand.  Also, a guy in the gym where I train closed my BBMaster on his first try and got my #3 to 1/4 inch about a minute later (with no chalk or warmup).  He also toyed with my #2, remarking that it was a lot easier than the other grippers.  I think he has used the trainer from time to time, but that's it.  Incidentally, his hands are big and he can deadlift around 750.  I'll try to get him to warm up, use chalk, and close my #3 next week.

I think I did 3 reps straight from the bag.  I wasn't even close to my #3.  I had been training grip for maybe a month.  I got my T and #1 on Dec 25 and I got my #2 and #3 on Jan 20, I think.  

Guest Luke Reimer

After unpacking my #2, I vaguely recall missing my first attempt, then shortly afterwards trying again and closing it completely. The last bit was hard, and I think I was only doing singles that day. I remember showing it to my dad, who also had never seen a heavy duty gripper before--he closed it with seemingly less effort than I had needed (this surprised me, since he works in an office and had not been especially active in ages). I also gave the gripper to my younger brother, who attemped several singles that day, each time getting stuck about 1/8" away. Within a week or so he was doing full singles. I had bought a #3 at the same time as my #2, but none of us were even close to this one; I think my first efforts were about 1/2" away.

Good Job, Tom!

I got the number one and two together - - I was close to the number two at first - - about 1/2 inch...  It took me about 6 to 7 months to get my first legitimate close... then another 2-3 months to get to where I could close the 2 consistently when I tried...  Just recently started getting multiple 2 closes in one session (but not multiple reps, yet..)

I just got the number three in the mail and that thing is a beast!!!  

Good luck

Jim

I was able to rep the #2 the first day I got it.  Not so lucky with the #3 :)   It took me a few months to close the #2 left handed.  I can get 2 reps now lefty.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...