recovery

Guest dark knight

Guest dark knight

How much does grip/forearm training affect regular wt training and recovery. I normaly train weights  on tuesday and saturday and train using thick bar holds on Tuesday's w/o. Then I use a coc later that day. On thursday I use a wrist roller and on saturday a few hrs after my second wt w/o I use the coc again. I was wondering if I have to consider recovery of my forearms affecting curls or even my wt training affecting my grip. I am still working on closing the #1 after closing the trainer easily 25 x. I don't understand why sometimes I can close the #1 but most times I can't. A couple of weeks ago I closed it for 5 singles and haven't closed it again since. I just recieved the # 2 today...maybe negatives will help? Maybe switching training days? I have once in the past closed the #1 twice but that was the only time. When I closed it for the singles a couple of weeks ago it actually felt easy...I kinda knew it would close as soon as I squeezed it.  Any suggestions?

Guest AghastGrip

Personally, I've never found grip training to hinder my weight lifting all that much. Of course, the best way to find out is to simply lift and see if your lifts are hindered at all from grip training.

As for closing the #1 consistently, it sounds like to me that perhaps you are overtraining? Try taking a week off and see if that helps your progress along.

Take a few weeks off; you'll close the #1 easyly after that. Also, you might do deadlift lockout for 5 seconds. Take a weigth heavy enoug so you can lift it for only five seconds. Perform 2 or 3 sets of this. As for curls, I don't do them since a year and my biceps have grown 1 inch since. Chin ups and bent row are the key to strong biceps.

Keep training hard !