1. 1. Who's gonna win

• Rich 3-0
    • Rich 3-1
    • Rich 3-2
    • Ron 3-0
    • Ron 3-1
    • Ron 3-2

20 years yougner i can imiagine him being stronger

According to what he has told me his lifts were not much more when he was younger. I doubt his wrist and hand are any weaker - probably stronger. His joints have a lot more years on them however.

no matter what he said wade that many years ago he was much stronger every man that is into anytype of strength sport likes to think there as strong as they use to be . me included now when i lift i lift smarter wish i could go back 20 years i just saw a new vid of him on youtube he had a super strong upper body

My point is he did not get beat by Ron because he is not strong enough. There are very few guys in AW if any that are as strong as Rich currently is.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• mightyjoe

• Wade Gillingham

• G-Man

Yes that's the video that I took. :)

In a recent interview with John Brzenk, he said Ron Bath "could be the man" this year at Zloty because he looked so strong against Richard.

Although it is a little early for predictions, here's my top three (assuming they all show up):

1. Devon

2. Arsen

3. Ron or John

rich got beaten because he wasnt strong enough. simple as. hes strong, but ron bath is stronger

I agree 100%

And yeah, John was talking about the ROTN.

Zloty? I would be surprised if Devon goes and I doubt Ron will. Looking at who will probably be there, in the overall t will be:

1. Arsen

2. John

3. Denis

maybe Andrey Pushkar will be up there too I just like how that top 3 looks though. It just looks right to me... idk

Edited by Josh H

rich got beaten because he wasnt strong enough. simple as. hes strong, but ron bath is stronger

I agree 100%

I don't agree. In my opinion Rich doesn't need to get any stronger to beat anyone out there he just needs to learn how to armwrestle better.

I can see your point, Wade. Rich doesn't train at the table regulary. He probably is not able to use his power in the best and most effective way. If he could do this, he would probably do better, same as Denis Cyplenkov.

But you can't say, that Ron couldn't beat him in the case Rich could use his strength at the table more effectively. Maybe Ron just found a weak link - a weakness strengthwise, not armwrestling wise - in Rich's arm. Ron didn't have a lucky win against Rich, he beat him 3 times in a row comfortable and Rich couldn't do anything.

Let's give credit where credit is due, Ron Bath

is STRONG too.

Not taking anything away from Rich.

all the top armwrestlers have been at it for quite a while. and some hard earned arms were built . but i dont think we have seen the best of Richard yet he was retired for how many years? and everyone has a bad couple months of just trying to hold what strength they have .then they plateau to a new level i think richard will be on top again john said in his web site Your explosive power was the most incredible and sometimes scary example of pure power I have ever felt . :blink (I MY SELF WILL STAY I RICHARDS CORNER TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS DAN P )

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

I mean absolutely no disrespect to Ron Bath. I thought he would win but was hoping Rich would change things up so he would have a chance. All I have said is Rich is plenty strong to beat anyone - he just needs to learn how to apply it. I train with him ocasionally and trust me, for a world champion he has very little knowledge of armwrestling technique.

I was reading somewhere that Rich in his prime came very close to close the #4!!! Are there anybody who knows more about this?

I bet it was somewhere on the internet :online:)

When Rich was in his prime, there was no #4.

There was no #4 in Richards prime (late 80's).

Ed Jubinville was giving away a very strong gripper at a tournament

one time to any competitor that could close it. Richard walks in, gives it a try

and smashes it 3 reps right and left hand. Ed said it look like Rich was playing with

one of those plastic handle grippers. The gripper was offered in IronMan magazines for years

and the handles where welded to the spring. I used to have one and the spring broke after

about 6 years. I wish I would have kept it now.

I would guess that if Wade showed Rich how to set a #3 or a 3.5 he could close it for sure

and probably with authority at that.

Edited by Mighty Joe

Yes, I agree at least in regards to arm wrestling strength. I think Rich could lift circles around Ron in the gym but gym strength and table strength aren't the same. I'm sure Rich's back played a role as well but you won't hear him use that as an excuse. Both men are insanely strong but this idea that Ron somehow used some highly advanced armwrestling move(s) and if only Rich had a little better technique, things would have been different, is kind of laughable IMO. I was there and Ron was flat out stronger on that day.

one time to any competitor that could close it. Richard walks in, gives it a try

and smashes it 3 reps right and left hand. Ed said it look like Rich was playing with

one of those plastic handle grippers. The gripper was offered in IronMan magazines for years

and the handles where welded to the spring. I used to have one and the spring broke after

I would guess that if Wade showed Rich how to set a #3 or a 3.5 he could close it for sure

Then it was after his prime. But i read that his son had told that he was very close to the #4.

Nice story about the gripper :)

Then it was after his prime. But i read that his son had told that he was very close to the #4.

Nice story about the gripper :)

Before the Arnold Rich lifted my Blob easily and nearly closed a #3 TNS.