32 members have voted

1. 1. Who's gonna win

• Rich 3-0
    • Rich 3-1
    • Rich 3-2
    • Ron 3-0
    • Ron 3-1
    • Ron 3-2

Anyways since Devon and Dave Randall are pulling (best 2 out of 3) on September 19th at the NEAC, maybe Ron and Dave will be getting ready for their matches together...

I am sure they are training together - they are two arm wrestling legends who really have stepped up to the plate big time.

Dave vs Devon in best out of three could give Dave an advantage - I could see Dave going 2-1 in a best of three but 2-4 in a best out of six because of Devon's endurance. Realistically, Devon 3-0 would not suprise me either.

Another likely scenerio - Devon wins first match quick. On second match, Devon decides to let Dave go into his shoulder roll and tries to pull through it - and fails. On the third match, Devon decides this is not such a good idea and wins fast. Final result: Devon 2-1.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• mightyjoe

• Wade Gillingham

• G-Man

Yeah and if Rich didn't set up tight with Don then he won't with Ron and it will be the same disadvantage for him either way... Joe was Robbie just talking trash, because isn't that the guy who lost to Chandler last week and then later they pulled again and Chandler hurt his wrist? If so, Chris Chandler talks about how Corey can give him a fight...

Josh, it was the other way around. Robbie beat Chris and hurt his wrist doing it. Chandler took 3rd,

Dan Whittle took 1st, Robbie 2nd.

When Robbie told me about him and Cory's match I was kind of mystified because Corey

is a powerhouse in my book. I'm going to ask Corey about this next month at Europa.

When I first watched Dave Randall and found out who he was, it was when he smashed Ron Bath in 2007 and I was like wow, who the hell is this guy (that was like 1.5 years ago that I saw it). In his recent tournaments (against Todzilla, Ron Bath, Tim Bresnan) he seems unbeatable. But then again, Devon destroyed Ron in 2007 and is better now. I can't bet against Devon.

Joe, I thought Chris originally sent Robbie to the b-side, then later they met up again, Chris hurt his wrist and gave Robbie the win. I could be wrong.

Just curious what makes you so certain that Rich "gave" Don his arm, and that Don didn't make him struggle a bit because Don's a great armwrestle and Rich isn't superman?

Rich didn't hit on the go - never does. Don got into his fingers but never budged his wrist or arm and with straps on it was a no contest. Don obviously had his hit down for Nationals so this is a pretty good statement for Rich to beat him that convincingly.

Don't hit is always down... and why would Rich never hit? Maybe he did hit and Don is just faster. Maybe Rich has a weakness, maybe even 2. :yikes Maybe Rich will beat Ron but he's by no means unbeatable like you guys are acting like he is, and I see no reason why he wouldn't hit at NATIONALS while going against one of the best armwrestlers in the USA. He certainly hit when he pulled Nick Zinna... why wouldn't he hit Underwood... maybe he did and Underwood was just faster and Rich's fingers are one of his weak links?

Josh - I never said he wasn't beatable. IMO he destroyed Underwood - it was a no contest and you act like he almost got beat. Generally Rich doesn't hit to the side on the go. He never does, never did - watch his old videos. He catches and then explodes to the side flat wristed. He doesn't pronate or supinate. He is as raw as it gets and wins the way he does because he is incredibly strong. Ron will be a real challenge for him - I think a bigger challenge than Travis would have been.

He hit with Zinna (except match 2) and he has hit before.

not all the matches are catches. He flashes some guys. the first match even is a hit. He seems to not hit when he knows that he's so far above the other guy that he doesn't want to hurt him. Destroying somebody in my opinion is where the match is completely one sided. His matches with Nick Zinna and Lindley Keating were domination. If somebody is good enough to go with you for a couple seconds and then slip, imo that isn't getting destroyed. Never said it was close, all I said was Don held him there for 1-2 seconds before going down, and if he can do that, Ron might be just enough stronger than Don that he can peel Rich's hand back, or just enough stronger that he can stop Rich from going sideways, or stop him before he gets Ron to the pin pad. Not every match is either close or somebody getting destroyed.

He hit with Zinna (except match 2) and he has hit before.

not all the matches are catches. He flashes some guys. the first match even is a hit. He seems to not hit when he knows that he's so far above the other guy that he doesn't want to hurt him. Destroying somebody in my opinion is where the match is completely one sided. His matches with Nick Zinna and Lindley Keating were domination. If somebody is good enough to go with you for a couple seconds and then slip, imo that isn't getting destroyed. Never said it was close, all I said was Don held him there for 1-2 seconds before going down, and if he can do that, Ron might be just enough stronger than Don that he can peel Rich's hand back, or just enough stronger that he can stop Rich from going sideways, or stop him before he gets Ron to the pin pad. Not every match is either close or somebody getting destroyed.

WOW! Now that's the Lupkes I remember!!!

He just swatted Bobby Hopkins. Bobby Hopkins was an ANIMAL.

Thanks for posting these matches Josh!

OK guys, I'll tell you what will happen. Ron wins.

Anyone know how heavy Ron is currently?

Here's my final prediction:

Devon 3-0

Rich 3-0

I am not taking away anything from Dave. He's top in my top three in the world overall right now. Just watching the video where Devon dominated John is just SICK.

Ron is an arm wrestling legend too, but Rich is just too damned strong right now. The only way I see Ron winning a match is if Rich (God forbid) gets injured again.

These are both exciting match-ups though and I look forward to seeing the results.

I can't wait for this event. Since its only about a five hour ride for me, I may just drive up to watch.

So much talent under one roof ...

These are the top pullers overall in the world IMHO:

1. Devon Larratt

2. Richard Lupkes

3. Dave Randall

4. John Brzenk

5. Andre Pushkar

6. Yoshinobu Kanai

7. Travis Bagent

8. Ron Bath

9. Denis Cyplenkov

10. Arsen Liliev

• 3 weeks later...

:cool

:cool

You was dead on Florian!

Good prediction my friend!

Hey G-man, no offense, but maybe you shouldn't rank somebody 2nd in the world above John Brzenk next time just because they beat 2 armwrestlers who are very good but not even top 10. I said all along, let Richard pull one of the top 10 before before shoving him at Devon Larratt with high hopes.

That being said, this was a great match-up and proves that Engin's rankings seem very good since it took a war for the #7 ranked armwrestler to beat the #8 ranked armwrestler. Next I want to see Ron vs. Denis! Not saying Denis will come to toproll but I very much want to see a match between them.

Edited by Josh H

Hey G-man, no offense, but maybe you shouldn't rank somebody 2nd in the world above John Brzenk next time just because they beat 2 armwrestlers who are very good but not even top 10. I said all along, let Richard pull one of the top 10 before before shoving him at Devon Larratt with high hopes.

That being said, this was a great match-up and proves that Engin's rankings seem very good since it took a war for the #7 ranked armwrestler to beat the #8 ranked armwrestler. Next I want to see Ron vs. Denis! Not saying Denis will come to toproll but I very much want to see a match between them.

Ron vs. Denis match?

Me too! :)

Other than the first match (before the slip), it looked to me like Ron didn't have much trouble and was in good control of the matches. Especially the third match.

Other than the first match (before the slip), it looked to me like Ron didn't have much trouble and was in good control of the matches. Especially the third match.

Rich can't beat Ron gripping him high like he did. That wasn't his plan going in but Ron dictated the setup and it was over before the go. I don't know how much Rich's back hurt his power but it certainly screwed with his mind as he looked to be in survival mode and just pulled on instinct.

Yeah I asked Rich before the match if his back would effect him on the table and he said "I don't know." I didn't get a chance to talk to him afterwards but on the NE Board he said even if he had been 110% he doesn't know that the outcome would have been any different.

The reason I put Richard so high was because he appeared much stronger than when he won the Arnold last year. I was extremely impressed with how he went through Nick Zinna given that Zinna recently went 3-0 against Don Underwood, who has been on a roll lately.

I was thinking this could be the Lupkes of 89-90, who was almost unstoppable.

I think that Dave Randall (who Ron trains with) might suprise a few people in his upcoming supermatch with Devon.

Edited by G-Man

The reason I put Richard so high was because he appeared much stronger than when he won the Arnold last year. I was extremely impressed with how he went through Nick Zinna given that Zinna recently went 3-0 against Don Underwood, who has been on a roll lately.

I was thinking this could be the Lupkes of 89-90, who was almost unstoppable.

I think that Dave Randall (who Ron trains with) might suprise a few people in his upcoming supermatch with Devon.

I can't imagine he was much stronger back then - maybe a bit - I think the big difference is how much the game has changed (backpressure/top roll).

20 years yougner i can imiagine him being stronger

According to what he has told me his lifts were not much more when he was younger. I doubt his wrist and hand are any weaker - probably stronger. His joints have a lot more years on them however.

Ron vs. Denis match?

Me too! :)

I'm sure Ron would like to pull Denis!

Rich told me his arm has never felt the same as it did back in the 80's and he wishes he could feel like that again. Or maybe I heard it on armtv, can't remember.

20 years yougner i can imiagine him being stronger

According to what he has told me his lifts were not much more when he was younger. I doubt his wrist and hand are any weaker - probably stronger. His joints have a lot more years on them however.

no matter what he said wade that many years ago he was much stronger every man that is into anytype of strength sport likes to think there as strong as they use to be . me included now when i lift i lift smarter wish i could go back 20 years i just saw a new vid of him on youtube he had a super strong upper body