#3 For Reps

Guest Bullitt

Guest Bullitt

I'll start it off. Thought I got 5, but when I went frame by frame on the original video, only the 1st 4 touched.

I would love to see what some of the big closers on here can do. I'm betting someone can put up double digits. GO!!!

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Magnus

• eduard23

• CoC#3

• Joefrey

Wishful thinking on my part at the moment but i've seen a video of paul knight getting 20 :)

Nice job on the reps Mike :rock

Nice job Mike :rock

I got 14 a while back, but it's not a camera, and I reset the gripper after then 9th rep, so the next 5 were on a new set. My best continuous rep-out was 10 reps, which was done a while before that. My best lefty (continuous) is 7.

Gabriel's done 20, but I'm sure he's quite a bit farther than that now.

Edited by Magnus

Good idea. I did 2 sets of 13 today with the #3 - i'll be giving this a serious shot. My best ever is 17 reps sometime last year when grippers were 'on'.

Guest Bullitt

Wow! Big numbers. Now I feel weak! HAHAHA I need to get to work! Awesome job everyone!! :rock

Who will be the king of the mountain?!?!

I believe this ugly mug hit double digits:

:blink:blink That's just sick. :blink:blink

I'll start it off. Thought I got 5, but when I went frame by frame on the original video, only the 1st 4 touched.

I would love to see what some of the big closers on here can do. I'm betting someone can put up double digits. GO!!!

Yes Paul Knight did 20 reps, but they were baby reps.

I'd love to see how many can be done on the full 2" version?

The most I've seen so far is Tommy Heslep's 10 Reps.

Anyone dare to challenge it?

http://www.cyberpump.com/gallery/albun02/aaa

Now that's IMPRESSIVE!!!

Bullitt - just curious, what's the spread on that #3?

Ready to certify?

Guest Bullitt

Now that's IMPRESSIVE!!!

Ready to certify?

Not sure what you mean by baby reps Danny. Looked to me like he opened the gripper to at least parallel on every rep, wider on some. When I started this thread, it wasn't to open up the debate on whether parallel reps or CC reps were more impressive. Different feats. For this challenge, parallel reps are more than good enough. I'm sure nobody would mind if you wanted to start a second challenge with 2 1/8" as the standard.

The #3 I am using in the vid has a spread just a hair over 2 7/8" I have closed it CCS, but not really training that right now as I am getting ready for the MM1 and if that goes well, the MM2. After that, I may take a run at the IM certification. I would want to be Teemu ready before I gave it a shot (able to close the hardest #3 with no warmup when woken up in the middle of the night). :D

I agree that Tommy's video is very impressive as well.

Edited by Bullitt

Now that's IMPRESSIVE!!!

Ready to certify?

Not sure what you mean by baby reps Danny. Looked to me like he opened the gripper to at least parallel on every rep, wider on some. When I started this thread, it wasn't to open up the debate on whether parallel reps or CC reps were more impressive. Different feats. For this challenge, parallel reps are more than good enough. I'm sure nobody would mind if you wanted to start a second challenge with 2 1/8" as the standard.

The #3 I am using in the vid has a spread just a hair over 2 7/8" I have closed it CCS, but not really training that right now as I am getting ready for the MM1 and if that goes well, the MM2. After that, I may take a run at the IM certification. I would want to be Teemu ready before I gave it a shot (able to close the hardest #3 with no warmup when woken up in the middle of the night). :D

I agree that Tommy's video is very impressive as well.

I apologize I didn't mean to make it sound like that. Any #3 close whether parallel or CCS is quite impressive.

But if someone can do more than 3 parallel reps, why not just post up the amount of CCS reps they can do?

Keep practicing on that 2 7/8" because when it comes to certification I think Randy will ship over a 3 1/8th spread #3 !!! Those are so tough! I'm beginning to think the CoC grippers don't really vary because of the spring but because of the spread. All the new grippers coming out of IronMind seem to have a 2 7/8" spread now, I hope they keeping this consistent!

"Baby reps" are only opening the gripper a little bit, like a just a few millimeters.

IMO, this is one of the most impressive #3 videos ever:

Tommy's were no-set, which is ridiculous, but Gabriel's are all full TNS reps. And like I said before, this is from months ago...I'd like to see where he's at now.

After a couple failed attempts at the 3.5 this morning, I gave this another go. Got 6 reps in. Long way to go...

Awesome! I thought for a second that you were saying you repped the 3.5! :blink

Guest Bullitt
After a couple failed attempts at the 3.5 this morning, I gave this another go. Got 6 reps in. Long way to go...

Awesome! I thought for a second that you were saying you repped the 3.5! :blink

Yea, that would have had a thread all its own. ;):D

Thanks Ben! Wow, 12 with a 3.5 :blink Crazy strong Teemu!

Lol i was thinking that you were repping the #3.5 as well Mike :) Nice job with 6 reps, looked strong :rock

"Baby reps" are only opening the gripper a little bit, like a just a few millimeters.

IMO, this is one of the most impressive #3 videos ever:

Tommy's were no-set, which is ridiculous, but Gabriel's are all full TNS reps. And like I said before, this is from months ago...I'd like to see where he's at now.

Bulitt - your reps looked impressive! Keep up the good work.

I think Gabriel will most likely show us 10 TNS Reps by today, he's gotten so strong and yes the TNS is just ridiculous strength.

We should ask Gabriel to make a new video and see how he does :)

Repping a #4 is SICK! Chris how's he doing these days mate? Any more progress on the #4? Never met him in person but i bought an inch DB off either Nathan or one of his brother a while back.

Guest Bullitt

Wow guys! Super strong stuff. Sorry for being redundant. I didn't know we had already done this... twice :blush Seemed like a fun idea. Maybe we can keep it going this time. If I get some time this week, maybe I can compile the three boards and get a master list for reps.

Wow guys! Super strong stuff. Sorry for being redundant. I didn't know we had already done this... twice :blush Seemed like a fun idea. Maybe we can keep it going this time. If I get some time this week, maybe I can compile the three boards and get a master list for reps.

That's a good idea! :rock

Let us remember the world class rule we have here so no more posts are pulled and this is locked.

Let us remember the world class rule we have here so no more posts are pulled and this is locked.

What's the world class rule Bill?

Guest Bullitt

What's the world class rule Bill?

4. World Class feats in posts without proof will result in locking of the post until proper proof by video or pictures. A witness from the gripboard as well is needed.