• Arsen 3-2
  2. 2. Travis Bagent vs. Richard Lupkes, right handed, on August 8th

• Travis 3-0
    • Travis 3-1
    • Travis 3-2
    • Richard 3-0
    • Richard 3-1
    • Richad 3-2

also at the first mohegan sun event 05 i think......i was there............they put up a grand for 2 out of 3......and sorry to say but travis dominated very easy.

There is also a video of them pulling in Japan and travis works him in a hook and wins.................john looked big there too............so that is at least 4 times.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• darthsith19

• jad

• raikkonen

• bobbrown

end of this video

I love how people label Travis as a "LEFTY".....this cracks me up.

At one point he was the best righty..........he busted everyones a$$...and could still beat anyone righty when he is on point.

I believe under different circumstances he mowed over Devon in the first couple of starts....if that match happened again with different refs it could easily go the other way.I am sure even Devon would admit what he felt across the table.

He is known as a "leftie" because he is so far ahead of everyone on the left hand, but this does not take away from the fact that he has beaten everyone righty.

Arsen beat those guys easy, but do you think Travis would have done any less than flash all those guys too.

He has flashed bigger stronger guys than that..........including brzenk,bath,barbosa,voevoda,devon...the list is long and alot more distinguished than Arsens.

I guess it depends on which Travis shows and how hungry he is, but he definately has all the tools to make it easy.

I agree with Bob...too many weight classes..............I don't mind being the light guy in a class...............big isn't strong, strong is strong

I called Travis a "lefty" because he IS left handed and as you admit, his left is much stronger than his right. AS for the "big isnt' strong" comment" if you truly believe it then go pull 243+ at Nationals instead of 198 or 220.

funny how almost all of the top 10 best in the world make 242 without problems and most make 220......hmmm

I have pulled many a top heavyweights...............the weight doesn't seem to equate to strength when you get high up there in poundage.

Tim B. for example.......top heavyweight, I have beaten him a few times....doesn't feel anything like bath or barbosa..or even brzenk....in terms of just raw power.........never mind who wins.

Dam........I have to agree with Monkeypaws again here

These are Engin's top 10

Top 10 World, men right

1. Devon Larratt, CAN 240

2. John Brzenk, USA 225

3. Andrey Pushkar, UKR Heavy

4. Travis Bagent, USA heavy

5. Denis Cyplenkov, RUS Heavy

6. Ron Bath, USA 240

7. Richard Lupkes, USA Heavy

8. Arsen Liliev, RUS 198

9. Yoshinobu Kanai, JAP Heavy

10. Michael Todd, USA 240

So half of these guys would make 242 anytime

Also Travis's left vs his right. They are probably about the same in strength. It just that the competition is a lot weaker left than right do to lack of participation.

If Rob would of pull the Heavy class at the last three AAA nationals. I think he would of won two of them and very possibly the third.

If you actually stop to really think about it. The bigger people get the less the weight difference matters. This is true of a lot of strength sports.

Take grip and AW sport. The larger you are the more weight you carry in you legs and gut which will not help you.

I once beat a guy you weighed 515 pounds. When I was asked how I beat such a big man, I said, "I didn't have to AW his ASS"

Dam........I have to agree with Monkeypaws again here

These are Engin's top 10

Top 10 World, men right

1. Devon Larratt, CAN 240

2. John Brzenk, USA 225

3. Andrey Pushkar, UKR Heavy

4. Travis Bagent, USA heavy

5. Denis Cyplenkov, RUS Heavy

6. Ron Bath, USA 240

7. Richard Lupkes, USA Heavy

8. Arsen Liliev, RUS 198

9. Yoshinobu Kanai, JAP Heavy

10. Michael Todd, USA 240

So half of these guys would make 242 anytime

Also Travis's left vs his right. They are probably about the same in strength. It just that the competition is a lot weaker left than right do to lack of participation.

If Rob would of pull the Heavy class at the last three AAA nationals. I think he would of won two of them and very possibly the third.

So if Rich Lupkes dropped to 198 he wouldn't be weaker? Why is there only one man under 200# on the list if bigger isn't stronger? Fatter isn't stronger but bigger is and specific to AW, it depends on where you carry the muscle. Mike Todd for example looks like a bodybuilder, but how much of that is useful on the table, same thing with Cyplenkov and Lupkes.

BTW, I had no idea Rob has beaten Tim...WOW :bow

funny how almost all of the top 10 best in the world make 242 without problems and most make 220......hmmm

I have pulled many a top heavyweights...............the weight doesn't seem to equate to strength when you get high up there in poundage.

Tim B. for example.......top heavyweight, I have beaten him a few times....doesn't feel anything like bath or barbosa..or even brzenk....in terms of just raw power.........never mind who wins.

So how does Tim have such a good record against Brzenk if he doesn't have anything like Brzenk's raw power? Are you saying he's a better technician, faster, etc???

So how does Tim have such a good record against Brzenk if he doesn't have anything like Brzenk's raw power? Are you saying he's a better technician, faster, etc???

From what I hear, Tim has a very strong toproll that exploits a weakness in John's hand.

As I stated before size does make a difference just not as much a people think. If you compare 200 to 150 then yes of course there is a difference but as you get bigger its not as important for example compare 250 to 200. Not as much and then go even farther, compare 300 to 250 there is not much difference at all.

And JAD

your signature is a little scary. Why would you want a "hand massage" from a guy from MI. :D

Edited by bob brown

I think as you get bigger (230+) weight is probably less of a factor because for most people it's hard to get heavier than that while being all muscle so they just carry extra fat around, think about it how many armwrestlers do you know above say 270 who are somewhat lean? Weight can make a difference but the heavier guy doesn't always win especially if the heavier guy is just fatter, at least that's what I think.

Edited by Josh H

when you are talking in terms of making someone who is 300 lbs and drop 100 lbs off them........well, of course they will be weaker......weaker than the bigger version of THEMSELF.

Does this mean that the 300lb version of this man will beat every 200lber just because he has 100lbs on them ?.....of course not it is individual based.

Weight can mean power, but because someone is heavier doesn't mean stronger solely because they are bigger...............the ever classic Brzenk example works here just fine.

I know, I know.it is only the greatest armwrestler ever.............OK........how many overalls or heavyweight classes have guys like.........Dubrieul, Accardi, Selearis, Terzi, Rustam, Taras, Reimer, Rundstrom, Remez, Walker, Patton......etc.. won............and against MUCH BIGGER guys.

Did you know Gabe Accardi beat Cadorette in the straps before ?

I was at a tournament in RI when Joe Rozbora walked in...............if you never seen Joe in person, he is very big.

About 6'8''......350...lean...and thick........very intimidating.....plus he armwrestles and knows what he is doing.

He has wins on Mike Todd and some other good names.

As soon as he walked in everyone just about threw in the towel......and everyone who was a spectator figured by looking at him it was game over..............I beat him fairly easily.......as did selearis and tom nelson a few weeks later........all of us over 100 lbs lighter.

Point.again, it is individual based...there are many light guys as strong or stronger than heavyweights.......being large in size doesn't give you a genetic edge or birth right to be stronger than people that happen to be smaller or lighter than you............big is not strong....strong is strong.

Hi Bob............you going to AAA?

Farid could be on that list if he competes.

Taras was one of the best at one time as was Klimenko...............all make 220..........I think.

Um......Sylvain, Sharon R. and Ion.................just some guys who dominate their regions...........against any opponent, any size.......all 220 or less..............and now Arsen as well..........believe me the list goes on.

when you are talking in terms of making someone who is 300 lbs and drop 100 lbs off them........well, of course they will be weaker......weaker than the bigger version of THEMSELF.

Does this mean that the 300lb version of this man will beat every 200lber just because he has 100lbs on them ?.....of course not it is individual based.

Weight can mean power, but because someone is heavier doesn't mean stronger solely because they are bigger...............the ever classic Brzenk example works here just fine.

I know, I know.it is only the greatest armwrestler ever.............OK........how many overalls or heavyweight classes have guys like.........Dubrieul, Accardi, Selearis, Terzi, Rustam, Taras, Reimer, Rundstrom, Remez, Walker, Patton......etc.. won............and against MUCH BIGGER guys.

Did you know Gabe Accardi beat Cadorette in the straps before ?

I was at a tournament in RI when Joe Rozbora walked in...............if you never seen Joe in person, he is very big.

About 6'8''......350...lean...and thick........very intimidating.....plus he armwrestles and knows what he is doing.

He has wins on Mike Todd and some other good names.

As soon as he walked in everyone just about threw in the towel......and everyone who was a spectator figured by looking at him it was game over..............I beat him fairly easily.......as did selearis and tom nelson a few weeks later........all of us over 100 lbs lighter.

Point.again, it is individual based...there are many light guys as strong or stronger than heavyweights.......being large in size doesn't give you a genetic edge or birth right to be stronger than people that happen to be smaller or lighter than you............big is not strong....strong is strong.

Hi Bob............you going to AAA?

I saw a video where it looked like Tom and Joe were going to get into it. I couldn't tell if they were serious but it looked heated. Tom looked pretty wasted, I don't know how much fightin he would have been able to do at that point.

I just thought I would bring this back up. Only 2 weeks away.

I am going with Arsen to win. Not sure of the score.

RVJ, I will be at the AAA's.

• 2 weeks later...

RH Arsen wins...

lefty is another story.... i see this match as the Todd Vs Kanai one....

One thing... could be difficult.... the starting grip...

Travis is very hard to challenge with under this point of view

.... he moves continuosly and Arsen will not appreciate that for sure, i think he

could search a stripes match every time... IMO Naturally ;)

Well Travis got 16 votes and Arsen got 4... the results just came in. Arsen beat Travis 5-0, quickly each time. I wanna see him vs. Devon next... nobody can beat Travis quickly...

Travis looks small here - like when I beat him in 2001: :D

http://img505.imageshack.us/img505/9763/bild0223.jpg

I think this victory by Arsen puts him in top three in the world overall right now - just below Devon Larratt and Richard Lupkes. I think a supermatch with either Brzenk or Lupkes would be a great next step for Arsen.

:rolleyes at G-Man ranking Rich Lupkes 2nd in the World when he hasn't proven himself to be above Brzenk, Bagent, Bath, Pushkar, or Liliev. :rolleyes

and not putting John Brzenk in the top 3. :laugh

Edited by Josh H

:rolleyes at G-Man ranking Rich Lupkes 2nd in the World when he hasn't proven himself to be above Brzenk, Bagent, Bath, Pushkar, or Liliev. :rolleyes

and not putting John Brzenk in the top 3. :laugh

My ranking system is a "best guess" of who would beat whom based on their current shape.

I don't think John would beat Liliev in his current shape. John struggles with great toprollers like Tim Bresnan and Liliev might have the strongest, most explosive toproll on the planet.

I think Lupkes - in his current shape - might beat John too. John beat Dave Randall convincingly in the past (1997 Harley Pull). Have they even pulled since? Dave has gotten a lot stronger.

One option John might consider - come back as the strongest John Brzenk ever - beat Larratt, Lupkes, Liliev, and Randall and everyone else - and then retire.

The other option is to keep pulling and be "one of the top few guys" for the next 10 or 15 years.

Either way, he should be remembered as the sports’ most successful competitor unless – or until - someone else comes along who can beat his record.