Mark Felix On The Rolling Thunder

big bri

I just saw on Ironmind's website that Mark Felix won the Rolling Thunder competition at Fortissimus. There's a pic on the website. It shows very clearly how large his hands are. His fingertips literally touch on that handle!

Mine are exactly 1 inch smaller than his. He measured them on utube once so I ran for my ruler. So yea I bet his could over lap on the handle

Rico

If we assume that Marks strength level hasn't changed - that means the new RT handle is 30# harder than the old model. Pretty much what others have said. Huge hands or not - a mighty fine lift!

Guest Bullitt

His fingertips are definitely touching, and that thumb pad is ridiculous. Looks like a mini bicep sticking out of his hand. :blink

If we assume that Marks strength level hasn't changed - that means the new RT handle is 30# harder than the old model. Pretty much what others have said. Huge hands or not - a mighty fine lift!

Except he is doing that left handed. I don't think it is 30lbs harder now. The first version of the "new" handle, yes 30-50 pounds harder. This final version is not that bad - I like the surface better but it is a bit harder to lift because it rotates better than the old one.

Except he is doing that left handed. I don't think it is 30lbs harder now. The first version of the "new" handle, yes 30-50 pounds harder. This final version is not that bad - I like the surface better but it is a bit harder to lift because it rotates better than the old one.

The other part of this is that Mark simply jumped from his winning weight to a new World Record attempt. I am sure he would have been able to to do a weight in between had he tried.

Nice to see you back Brian!

Thanks Ben! I don't post very often but I check the website a lot. I still do grip training and everything as well. I work around 80+ hours a week so I have to work it in quickly with my schedule.

Mark also tore his bicep this year and had surgery on it at the beginning of this year I believe but that was with his right arm.