The Pinch Challenge

lukeamdman

well i remember on bodybuilding.com i was in a 500 pound deadlift contest and wed all post our progress. i guess this isnt the same type of contest. i just thought id post it in here because that would be a milestone for me to hit the 35s and it would show im serious about beating you guys in the grip race lol jk :cool ill lose i dont train grip that often. but yeah if everybody could already do the 45s this wouldnt be much of a contest. i msure that most of the people in this contest cant do the 45s YET and if they can do the 45s already then thats not really fair!

but i do understand your point as well!

I'm sure there's at least five people who've posted in this thread with an "official" 2x45 pinch, click here for the GB list.

Yes, it is fair. It is just for the people who can already do 2x45.

If you want to start a thread w/ different size plates as a starting point and your own set of rules, I'm guessing that would be allowed.

Edited by odin

When Chris Rice and I pinched two 45s at Gripmas for the GB cert it was with two calibrated at 90.2 lbs. total.

I've seen a 45 that weighed 37 lbs. It would take less time for most of you to properly weigh the 45s than to write about why you can't/won't do it in this thread.

well, how do we prove we calibrated them? assuming i would be interested? and what do i do go to my post office and say weigh my 45s LOL theyll think im crazy. i know i had a situation where i bought 45 pounders and they weighed 40 and 43, i took them back to the store and got two new ones, and these weigh 45 and change, and 43. the numbers vary. i cant bring them back again because they thought i was crazy the first time. i wont be using those for this grip challenge though because they are the kind with the handles im just ranting because its annoying for weightlifting and training and shit. but my other ones are atleast 45 they weigh like 45.8 consistently on my scale. i probably wont get them calibrated but i will post the videos for fun. im pretty far from pinching 45s anyway.

You don't have to prove you calibrated them. If you say you did, that's enough. It's on your honor.

I took mine to a 24 hour post office at like 1am. Every post office has as scale for anyone to use, they don't need to weigh them for you.

Also, I don't want to sound rude, but this thread is for 45's + weight only.

well i remember on bodybuilding.com i was in a 500 pound deadlift contest and wed all post our progress. i guess this isnt the same type of contest. i just thought id post it in here because that would be a milestone for me to hit the 35s and it would show im serious about beating you guys in the grip race lol jk :cool ill lose i dont train grip that often. but yeah if everybody could already do the 45s this wouldnt be much of a contest. i msure that most of the people in this contest cant do the 45s YET and if they can do the 45s already then thats not really fair!

but i do understand your point as well!

Yeah I think you misunderstood the thread. It's to see how much weight these guys can add to the 2 45's. If they are adding weight then all of them can lift the 2 45's already.

• 2 weeks later...

Lets get this here party started! Here are a couple. First one shows majority of the plates. 2nd one with just a little more added.

98.29#

100.1#

- Aaron

:rock great pinching Aaron! For comparison, have you pinched in excess of 100# one handed on your euro aswell?

Lets get this here party started! Here are a couple. First one shows majority of the plates. 2nd one with just a little more added.

98.29#

100.1#

- Aaron

That is unreal. Very strong!

98.29#

100.1#

- Aaron

Animal!

98.29#

100.1#

- Aaron

Does this have to be done like Aaron is doing it or can you put a pin through to load the weights on?

:rock great pinching Aaron! For comparison, have you pinched in excess of 100# one handed on your euro aswell?

Yes, I've gotten 110# on a good day and about 108 on the 2 20k plates with a pipe thru.

98.29#

100.1#

- Aaron

That is unreal. Very strong!

Thx :rock

Sick pinch Aaron! :rock

Thx man :rock

98.29#

100.1#

- Aaron

Animal!

You know it. :D

Just missed lockout on 102.3# as well but I'll get it soon.

- Aaron

Aaron: Excellent!!

Wade: I used a pipe with weight added for mine, but got flack for it. I'm going to add a rule that says you can't use a pipe.

Aaron have you ever tried 2 55s? I don't think this has ever been done but i know a few of the finnish boys are getting close to this feat.

Rules:

1. Two 45lb plates are required. 20kg plates for you guys overseas are fine.

2. The plates must be metal and lifted smooth-sides out.

3. A pipe through the center cannot be used.

4. Plates must be lifted from the floor to a full dead lift.

5. Only chalk is allowed.

6. Plates can only make contact with the single gripping hand, no bracing allowed.

7. Video proof is required.

8. To be in the top 3, your plates must be calibrated.

1. Acorn - 100.1lb's -

Aaron have you ever tried 2 55s? I don't think this has ever been done but i know a few of the finnish boys are getting close to this feat.

If I ever see some I will try it. At this point have yet to see any out here in AZ. Would really like to get my hands on some nice milled plates that fit together well. none of mine fit for beans and the 2 20k's I used are just the best of them.

- Aaron

98.29#

100.1#

- Aaron

Does this have to be done like Aaron is doing it or can you put a pin through to load the weights on?

Wade, I'm sure you will have no trouble Topping this list hung over on your worst day. I use the little neomydian magnets but duct tape works also. :rock:rock

- Aaron

Few more vids from this afternoon. It was a Pinchtastic afternoon. :rock

PR

PR

PR

- Aaron

44kg, done before this thread existed so i didn't show/weigh the plates or show the weight of the chains.

Rules:

1. Two 45lb plates are required. 20kg plates for you guys overseas are fine.

2. The plates must be metal and lifted smooth-sides out.

3. A pipe through the center cannot be used.

4. Plates must be lifted from the floor to a full dead lift.

5. Only chalk is allowed.

6. Plates can only make contact with the single gripping hand, no bracing allowed.

7. Video proof is required.

8. To be in the top 3, your plates must be calibrated.

1. Acorn - 104.6lb's -

2. CoC#3 - 97lb's -